James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

The likely suitors for Frawley's services next year would be (in order)

1. Melbourne
2. Hawthorn
3. GWS
4. Gold Coast
5. Richmond
6. Essendon
7. Geelong

I'd have my money on options 4 5 and 6. I'd reckon Hawks and Cats would not have the cap room, Essendon too tall already might prefer to look for mids, and Melbourne are Melbourne.

Not a 1% chance we are looking at Frawley.

He better hurry up and turn into a 75 goal a year forward then, no defender is worth that money.
Might not be worth it but a lot of teams will want him, and someone will pay that.
I'd have my money on options 4 5 and 6. I'd reckon Hawks and Cats would not have the cap room, Essendon too tall already might prefer to look for mids, and Melbourne are Melbourne.
No way he goes to Richmond, he wants a shot at a flag if he leaves. And I'm not being a smart arse.

Hawks don't have room in the cap umm? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Fair point but they do have a premiership list who will want their piece of the Buddy pie. Plus I dont think they really need a key back. If they need anything they need a midfielder, and of course a ruckman.
Lake will be gone soon and Gibson won't be too long after. If Schoenmakers returns as a forward and really fits in there then we'll be very light on in the back half in a couple years. Hawks would definitely be interested, but won't want to over pay for him. He's unrestricted so if he wants to come to us for a shot at a premiership at a reasonable salary then we'd likely take him. If he's just after big bucks then he'll likely need to look elsewhere.

Fair point but they do have a premiership list who will want their piece of the Buddy pie. Plus I dont think they really need a key back. If they need anything they need a midfielder, and of course a ruckman.

What happens when Lake retires?

Lake will be gone soon and Gibson won't be too long after. If Schoenmakers returns as a forward and really fits in there then we'll be very light on in the back half in a couple years. Hawks would definitely be interested, but won't want to over pay for him. He's unrestricted so if he wants to come to us for a shot at a premiership at a reasonable salary then we'd likely take him. If he's just after big bucks then he'll likely need to look elsewhere.

Hawk's greatest needs are the midfield. Hodge,Burgoyne,Sewell and Mitchell need to be replaced in the next 2 or 3 years.

Hawk's greatest needs are the midfield. Hodge,Burgoyne,Sewell and Mitchell need to be replaced in the next 2 or 3 years.
Anderson, Hallahan, Hartung, Shiels, Hill, Smith, Lewis would be okay in their midfield. Not sure they've got any AFL standard KPDs on their list bar Lake, Gibson and Schoenmakers. Imo Frawley would be a perfect fit for Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have plenty of young mids coming through that have done years of apprenticeship at VFL level. They're not all going to match the above names for quality straight away, possibly not ever but they are very good players who would be getting games at a few other clubs right now. I can see us going for one maybe two bigger name mids from other clubs after those players all retire and free up money. Until then, it's not a major concern for the Hawks.

Brian Lake still has another year to go after this year, Gibson probably stay for an extra year or two after that. Midifelder aren't a concern yet, I can't see Mitchell retiring yet. Maybe Sewell in about a year with Lake. But really free Agency players for 2014 isn't very big, players like Mundy & Gibbs you would have to bid for, a trade would be no good cause you have to give quality for quality. 8-900k is probably Melbourne's offer. Frawley has to decide success or money. Money he will stay at Melbourne, Success he will come to the Hawks

they have Simpkin, he's maybe going on 27 this year and may not keep his spot for Friday night's clash but he's their future isn't he?

You're a sad individual Bobby. In every thread that has Hawthorn mentioned in it I know I am going to find you being negative, or liking other peoples negative comments.

You need to let it go pal.

Anderson, Hallahan, Hartung, Shiels, Hill, Smith, Lewis would be okay in their midfield. Not sure they've got any AFL standard KPDs on their list bar Lake, Gibson and Schoenmakers. Imo Frawley would be a perfect fit for Hawthorn.

Mitchell - Woodward
Sewell - Hallahan/Simpkin
Shiels, Lewis, Anderson rotate.

Would love Frawley, But yeah our midfield needs a blue chip prospect in it.

If you want a blue chip prospect in it... next year is the year or in the draft. Not through FA or Trade Period we will get one in 2014. Mundy & Gibbs practically no way of us grabbing any of them, with the money they are asking for, a trade wouldn't work, cause you have to give up quality for quality.

2015 - The search for a Blue Chip Midfielder. 2014 - Sure up our defense with Frawley

You're a sad individual Bobby. In every thread that has Hawthorn mentioned in it I know I am going to find you being negative, or liking other peoples negative comments.

You need to let it go pal.

It really is pathetic. He probably stays awake at night re-living 2008. I think last year's prelim has really done some damage too.

Funniest Bobby moment so far this year though, is tipping Carlton for top 4 and Hawthorn 7th.

His footy knowledge really aint great if he sees the blues as having a top 4 list hahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back