James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

As funny as this may sound the hawks will be worse off in the short term if Frawley replaces Brian Lake who is a better full back. Obviously they will be better of in years 2 3 and 4. I know that Hawkins can rag doll Frawley and dominate him but he cant do that to Lake. Does Lake stay or does he go to another team on the verge, like Kangaroos.

I'll be curious to see what happens with Lake to be honest. I can see Frawley being the Spangher replacement in the short term (next year) then the Lake replacement after that, which is a definite upgrade, much as I love the Spang.

We live in a strange time though, there really aren't any decent full backs around, especially since Rutten/Glass have retired and Lake one year away.

If it helps, we apparently offered less money than the Cats. So in a way it's proof that if you can show your club is heading in the right direction, then you can get a player.
No it helps if your a Victorian club showing your heading in the right direction it helps. It is just to hard for an interstate club to lure big name players these days as the travel demands are becoming more and more emphasised these days as the effects of more travel is now proven to be a disadvantage. Not whinging though well played by Hawks they have built there club to be a club that players from other clubs want to play for.

Grats to the Hawks on making this happen. Just going to look even better next year, scary stuff.

Makes things a little more even now after the BS Buddy compo.

Now lets talk Shoey for a 3rd :p

No it helps if your a Victorian club showing your heading in the right direction it helps. It is just to hard for an interstate club to lure big name players these days as the travel demands are becoming more and more emphasised these days as the effects of more travel is now proven to be a disadvantage. Not whinging though well played by Hawks they have built there club to be a club that players from other clubs want to play for.

Yeah I feel for you guys out west - I've never really had an issue with COLA to be honest, more the fact that the Swans had it while the Perth clubs, who have a genuine need for incentives to get/keep players in an expensive environment, don't.

But not on a $1million a year 9 year, all or nothing, attempt to buy a premiership.

If he was more interested in money he would be speaking to Sydney.

Cheated
Our
Lance
Away

Mate, the Hawks have basically zero to complain about as far as the current set up goes.

Free agency clearly is going to see average Victorian clubs lose their players to very good and well financed Victorian clubs. The Sydney COLA debacle has taken the attention but gees what other advantages would you like?

Mate, the Hawks have basically zero to complain about as far as the current set up goes.

Free agency clearly is going to see average Victorian clubs lose their players to very good and well financed Victorian clubs. The Sydney COLA debacle has taken the attention but gees what other advantages would you like?
It would be nice to have an interstate home ground advantage.

Oh wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those complaining consider this:

12 months ago if you had suggested this trade

Franklin
for
Frawley +19

You would have been laughed off BF as a tool.

You're suggesting that there is equality in the league. There is only a series of inequalities to somehow make the league more 'fair'.

This is AFL equalisation "Animal Farm" style.

No sorry. You're right.

Amnesty International should be called in to protect you poor Victorian teams.

So, so discriminated against. Poor things.

Surprised a Freo supporter is angry with Vic teams not the other expansion clubs and the AFL.

Freo got nothing compared to the "concessions" the other non vic teams have.

really starting to get sick of hawthorn..as soon as they lose a player they buy another big name player, your a w***er frawley you just want to take the easy ride to get a premiership.

Amazing coup a premiership club has recruited a marquee player!
A bloke who is not in the top 10 paid or the top 10 B & F at Melbourne and going on the average wage at the next club can hardly be described as marquee. By the way, thanks for the salary cap space sunshine.

really starting to get sick of hawthorn..as soon as they lose a player they buy another big name player, your a ****** frawley you just want to take the easy ride to get a premiership.

I agree with you but could say the same with Ryder he is hardly going to a struggling club.

Lol at this outcome. Great for Hawks, and hopefully means Melbourne gets band 2 compo rather than band 1.

Poor poor Footymad. His Frawley to Geelong thread that got locked deserves a place in BF history. In fairness to him, Geelong DID hold all the cards, and there was no way he or anyone else could have predicted that other clubs like Freo or Hawthorn might also be interested. Oh, wait, we all did, multiple times.

His anti-Melbourne-fans abuse just won't have the same zest it did before today's news.

I'll be curious to see what happens with Lake to be honest. I can see Frawley being the Spangher replacement in the short term (next year) then the Lake replacement after that, which is a definite upgrade, much as I love the Spang.

We live in a strange time though, there really aren't any decent full backs around, especially since Rutten/Glass have retired and Lake one year away.
Macca.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back