James Gwilt signed by The Injectors

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your contributions CJ and Gwilty.
Almost nabbed a flag too. All the best in your post footy life.

Did exceptionally well out of both guys considering one was taken from the rookie draft and the other was a pick in the 70's.

The irony with Jones was that he was more value to us when we were good. He was an effective tagger who was underrated at winning the ball and giving it out to more skillful players. Gave us he's all, and that is all we can ask.

Circumstance dictated that Gwilt had to play as an undersized FB, in his later years a role that he was not cut out for due to his lack of height. A good player before his knee injuries, a lovely kick in his prime and someone who never seemed to drop his head considering the crappy roles he had to fulfill.

Thanks and good luck to both for their service.

Still going to wait for something official, I believe Jonesy has hung up the boots but Gwilt I thought could've been picked up by another club.

Either way well done to both, Jonesy especially, no skill in the world but a damn good contributor and once the best tagger in the comp, playing 149 games is something to be proud of.

And Gwilty, I think his career could've been something much bigger then what it was, when Goddard left I thought he'd become our go to man as an avenue out of defense but then had to play as an undersized KPD because of our depleted KPD stocks for years.

clinton jones did the unthinkable. was seen as a good honest battler, who slogged his guts out week to week. got an AFL opportunity and didnt look back. made a career out of shutting down the competitions best midfielders week in week out. he should be proud of his achievements

gwilt pick 40 something taken from the back streets of noble park, after our recruiters saw him play some ammo finals football. cricketer turned footballer. who can forget his performance against adelaide in 2005 as a very young player on the wing. went down back and punched above his weight. was amazing until the knee injury occurred and seemed to rob him of his agility and power.

No way Gwilt has retired. I'll believe it when I see the official press release.

CJ is a classic one of those limited players he forges a career based on effort and determination alone.

Gwilty surely isn't retired, he's only 28? May well be his last game for the club though.

Perhaps Gwilts knee is actually stuffed? and causing him trouble which has him in an early retirement?

Guess we won't know until a official release from the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back