Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great advice!
I've put 6 of the worst Essendon flogs on ignore, and the HTB is now a pleasure to read.

Well, not a pleasure, but much better than before.
List them?

It is never going to end. My take is ASADA cannot and probably will not (given everyone has been paid off) make the link between what was purchased/procured and which player took exactly what and exactly when. ASADA are happy enough as long as they get the main proponents, Dank, Hird, etc. Hird will not budge, AFL refuse to enforce anything, it is stuck in one big stalemate.

It's not the guilt or innocence of the Essendon Football Club that concerns me. I am more concerned over the fact that we have a body of people supposedly responsible for the governance of the drugs in sport issue in Australia, and their credibility is being challenged by a football club. This body is supported by WADA, and yet Essendon can still thumb their noses at them. This concerns me deeply.

The fall out from all of this is we must evoke laws which make sporting bodies in Australia more accountable in this area. We have to allow ASADA more freedom to conduct appropriate checks and balances. We have to force sporting bodies to become more accountable in their compliance with stringent laws in relation to the recording of activities in relation to sports science. More importantly, we need to make the AFL more accountable as well. At the moment, it's just too easy for them to bury their heads in the sand and do nothing.

I am willing to bet in the 2016 Olympics, some athlete will come from nowhere and win gold. Australia's reaction will be to label them as a drug cheat. We always do this. The rest of world can rightly point the finger back at us and ask, "Who in hell are you to question others when you have no effective system in place to detect drug cheats"?

This is the part that concerns me. If nothing comes from this, once again Australian sport has effectively said "Yes" to drugs in sport.

It's not the guilt or innocence of the Essendon Football Club that concerns me. I am more concerned over the fact that we have a body of people supposedly responsible for the governance of the drugs in sport issue in Australia, and their credibility is being challenged by a football club. This body is supported by WADA, and yet Essendon can still thumb their noses at them. This concerns me deeply.

The fall out from all of this is we must evoke laws which make sporting bodies in Australia more accountable in this area. We have to allow ASADA more freedom to conduct appropriate checks and balances. We have to force sporting bodies to become more accountable in their compliance with stringent laws in relation to the recording of activities in relation to sports science. More importantly, we need to make the AFL more accountable as well. At the moment, it's just too easy for them to bury their heads in the sand and do nothing.

I am willing to bet in the 2016 Olympics, some athlete will come from nowhere and win gold. Australia's reaction will be to label them as a drug cheat. We always do this. The rest of world can rightly point the finger back at us and ask, "Who in hell are you to question others when you have no effective system in place to detect drug cheats"?

This is the part that concerns me. If nothing comes from this, once again Australian sport has effectively said "Yes" to drugs in sport.

Agree with all of this.

As soon as WADA banned drugs were discovered at Essendon they should have been stripped of all points for two years. Still compete, but no points. That is exactly what happened to Saad. There is a massive flaw in the system when it is 100% proven that all sorts of s**t was at Essendon, WADA banned drugs, all sorts of black market drugs and yet there is not one thing to compel the AFL to act.

Agree with all of this.

As soon as WADA banned drugs were discovered at Essendon they should have been stripped of all points for two years. Still compete, but no points. That is exactly what happened to Saad. There is a massive flaw in the system when it is 100% proven that all sorts of s**t was at Essendon, WADA banned drugs, all sorts of black market drugs and yet there is not one thing to compel the AFL to act.

And the part I find really evil in all of this is the AFL obviously had prior knowledge of Essendon's activities and yet did nothing to deter them. I detest the AFL.

Has there ever been a team anywhere in the world with this many players banned from playing
I'm not surprised the worlds eyes are upon us

We are so behind the times with this issue. Over 30 years ago American basketball were banning players for roughly the exact same procedures as Essendon players have apparently been involved in. That was the early 1980s. Here it is 2014 and lazy old Australia is still like a dog chasing its tail. It's just pathetic.

We are so behind the times with this issue. Over 30 years ago American basketball were banning players for roughly the exact same procedures as Essendon players have apparently been involved in. That was the early 1980s. Here it is 2014 and lazy old Australia is still like a dog chasing its tail. It's just pathetic.
The AFL is 30 years behind States basketball in regard to player payments too. Makes sense we would also trail in other matters

So, James' old "nutritional advisor" has been arrested again for PED trafficking. Who saw that coming? Gee, and to think he only ever told James what shakes to drink, and how good muesli is for your intestine. :rolleyes:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...grelated-charges/story-fni0fee2-1227104127790
THE star witness in the anti-doping case against Essendon has been hit with criminal charges.

In a bombshell development that could throw the Bombers case into turmoil, Victoria Police’s Purana Taskforce is pursuing anti-ageing clinician Shane Charter on up to a dozen drug-related counts.

Charter intends to fight the charges, which police have confirmed as trafficking steroids, possessing steroids and possessing a schedule 4 poison.

The charges come 12 months after an undercover sting in which police posed as athletes during consultations with Charter. Police also seized Charter’s computers and searched his records.

Oh, and what's this, Roy Masters throwing some fuel on the fire?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ests-on-injection-regime-20141027-11cgku.html
ASADA's case against 34 past and present Essendon players rests heavily on evidence that points to a perfect match between the injection regime at the AFL club in 2012 and the protocol for administering the banned drug, thymosin beta 4.

The players have provided written documentation that they used four drugs, with one being "thymosin", the supplement biochemist Shane "Dr Ageless" Charter says was used at the club.

The players have also signed documentation of the number of injections they received per week throughout the season, which has been described as "an exact recipe for thymosin beta 4".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the same thing CP. The only query to that is the length of time to get to this situation:confused:
I would assume Surveillance was required to gather evidence and that Charters kept his nose clean for a while because he would have known the cops were watching. They have been watching him for a long time and almost busted him earlier this year. Was only a matter of time.

I suppose Bomber fans will still think Charters and Hirds relationship only amounted to the occasional Latte and general chit chat. Charters supplied Hird during his playing days and I have this on good authority.

(Despite the fact I stand by the last sentence if this is inappropriate pls delete mods Echols , grizzlym)

I suppose Bomber fans will still think Charters and Hirds relationship only amounted to the occasional Latte and general chit chat. Charters supplied Hird during his playing days and I have this on good authority.

(Despite the fact I stand by the last sentence if this is inappropriate pls delete mods Echols , grizzlym)
By all means, continue. So you know Charter?

Who would believe that a steroid pusher worked with Hird on nutrition during his playing days?

I guess we're all meant to overlook the fact that Essendon would've been quite capable of giving him nutritional advice in-house.

I do not know Charter personally but a work colleague does and had a bit to do with him during this period. This is part of the reason I am stunned by Hirds absolute arrogance in basically demanding the coaching job back at Essendon. He is lower than a snakes belly.
What do you mean?

Just back on the case for second.... So there is the legal and illegal thyomosin apparently. One you inject daily for 6 weeks (illegal), one you inject weekly (legal). Dons injected their players daily for 6 weeks. I am "comfortably satisfied" by that alone to say they are toast. Then add the drug trail to china, the supporting underhanded texts etc and it's a case of how many weeks do you want to miss fellas. So glad we are playing them round 2. It will be a bye.

Has there ever been a team anywhere in the world with this many players banned from playing
I'm not surprised the worlds eyes are upon us

And this is very worrying. I have not followed this intensely, but I believe the rest of the sporting world would be thinking just how weak we are as a sporting nation when we can't deal with something that is so black and white. Please put Essendon out of their misery, penalize them, and move on.

giphy.gif

Just back on the case for second.... So there is the legal and illegal thyomosin apparently. One you inject daily for 6 weeks (illegal), one you inject weekly (legal). Dons injected their players daily for 6 weeks. I am "comfortably satisfied" by that alone to say they are toast. Then add the drug trail to china, the supporting underhanded texts etc and it's a case of how many weeks do you want to miss fellas. So glad we are playing them round 2. It will be a bye.

I don't think it would matter if it was round 22, it would still be a bye. They are going away for a long time.

I'm not sure it is as open and shut as this, there are lots of different dosages and schedules for various "thymosins" if you look around on the web. And I guess the number of injections depends on the individual program, the desired effect, the dosage per injection, the overall dosage etc

In fact, the first Thymomodulin link I found via Google suggests a dosage of 10-20 mg/day for 30 days, followed by 20-50 mg/week.

That said, are we talking about a situation where the "prescribed" (haha) dosages are followed clinically? I wouldn't think so.

But if it was this clear cut as that article suggested, it would pretty much be the "smoking gun" that, while I don't think is required, has so far been lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back