James Hird sacked and disgraced - Caro

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
COLLINGWOOD
Can we change the title to "Caro has NFI and disgraced"?

I guess you are a little upset because you were naive enough to put your chips on Robbo and Newslimited only to realise that Caro, Fairfax and Patrick Smith will come out of this being vindicated again. It's over mate.

Tatts22

All Australian
Jun 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Paul Little just made a statement.

Albert is the "current coach" but we would have preferred he did not appeal.

We will meet again next week to decide our strategy going forward.

So we will find out next week he is sacked.

Hopefully in that time Bomber gets sick of the BS & signs with the Suns

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Not Wilsons articles though, right? I mean you admitted it yourself in your previous post that she is wrong and will continue to be wrong until she finally gets one right.
In all honesty, do you feel James Hird will survive the next week or two and coach Essendon next year?

BlueWorld

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I love it that we kept the premiership team off the front page in the week after the grand final for two years running. Especially because it's hawthorn :).
You love it that you're the laughing stock of the AFL? :DWhy should Hawthorn be on the front page more than a day after the GF anyway?

womack

Senior List
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Seems like Jimmy Drug Lord's plan the whole time.

Payout - year in France. Payout - do whatever I want.

He's been trolling Essendon for 2-3 years now. $2 million for doing SFA.

Hilarious.

I have a redacted b re waiting for a viewing of EFC's year end October 2014 financial statements. A back of the envelope calc for the past 24 months I reckon they are $10 mill in the hole.

Grwin

Debutant
Jul 21, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It's like a monty python script Is he dead? not i'm not! the whole thing is laughable. The biggest thing is Hird has in his favour is the fact if they sack him they have no chance of stopping the Appeal therefore no chance of getting a "NRL" solution to the players problems.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
It's like a monty python script Is he dead? not i'm not! the whole thing is laughable. The biggest thing is Hird has in his favour is the fact if they sack him they have no chance of stopping the Appeal therefore no chance of getting a "NRL" solution to the players problems.
except for the fact that his appeal won't have any impact on the players proceeding through the process and either responding or not to SCNs and going to tribunal, or negotiating a deal if they want to. So you're completely wrong.

TerryWallet

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
In the immortal words of Paul Weller:
Cause you're best thing that ever happened
To me you're my world,
hey hey
You're the best thing that ever happened
To me,you're my world
Hey hey
Or,I was thinking that there were many Doors tunes to heighten the appeal to make Jimmy feel adequate!.
What a Douche
Winning,Charlie Sheen Style!!
Lols are on you Albert and Notesy!

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Why is he entitled to a payout?
Because he is reported to have a contract to coach the side for 2 years. Without seeing the contract one can't be sure what the termination clauses are but I doubt going to court to clear once name could be argued to be a breach. Jimmy will certainly take them to court so what we will have is a negotiation. Little also needs to factor in the damage from Court action tearing down an Icon to an already damaged EFC brand. So entitled or not Jim will get a payout.

McCrann

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because he is reported to have a contract to coach the side for 2 years. Without seeing the contract one can't be sure what the termination clauses are but I doubt going to court to clear once name could be argued to be a breach. Jimmy will certainly take them to court so what we will have is a negotiation. Little also needs to factor in the damage from Court action tearing down an Icon to an already damaged EFC brand. So entitled or not Jim will get a payout.

I'm not saying there won't be some sort of negotiated payout, I doubt it is as high as people speculate.

He is basically going against a direct order from his employer! As an employee when you start doing things like that there are grounds for termination of your contract that don't involve paying out years of a contract to the dollar!

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
except for the fact that his appeal won't have any impact on the players proceeding through the process and either responding or not to SCNs and going to tribunal, or negotiating a deal if they want to. So you're completely wrong.

TerryWallet

Except ASADA are getting legal advice on what can and can't be done in respect to the Appeal and while his statement said they could go ahead, his actual claim asked for an injunction. So at the moment, no one knows what is happening with the SCNs.

coryne

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Lucky we can cover it

Our supporters won't go missing when things get tough, leaving us to beg the AFL for life support

Yes why face the charges and clear the players when you can waste money by trying to delay facing the charges. It isn't like there are others things that the money could be used for ........... But hey, you know what they say about a fool and their money .............

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not saying there won't be some sort of negotiated payout, I doubt it is as high as people speculate.

He is basically going against a direct order from his employer! As an employee when you start doing things like that there are grounds for termination of your contract that don't involve paying out years of a contract to the dollar!
It comes down to what rights do you have to take legal action against another party and what rights do your employer have to limit you doing so. I doubt the employment contract Hird has would limit such action. I am certain Hird will find Lawyers that will agree with me.

Back