James Hird's Essendon story has yet to be told - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it must be a pisstake. Surely anyone smart enough to string a few hundred words together like that could not really think what it says.

"Hird was only on the periphery of the program and has been extremely contrite, having apologised not once, not twice, but three times."

mr-t-reaction-rolling-eyes-car-a-team-13785109779.gif

This is a quote from the article:

Hird's 12-month suspension in August 2013 saw his entire life dragged through the mud, let alone his football legacy. And yet people still refuse to acknowledge simple facts such as his contrition about the supplements saga. Many claim Hird remains unrepentant, but he has apologised on three separate occasions –to the AFL Commission, to Essendon fans through the club website, and to the general public."

I have difficulty accepting the sincerity of those apologies given the way he has conducted his affairs since then. Actions speak louder than words imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does every other club get to have a fan who gets right of reply?

Also he needs some IPECAC syrup for the Coolaid overdose.

Ignored every negative fact about Hird throughout this saga.

Nah just fairfax preparing its readers for the fact that their smear campaign failed to remove Hird
Nah just fairfax preparing its readers for the fact that poor James is a victim in this terrible saga that is about to see players banned for a season or more.:p

His playing career is mud now Scotty, who knows what he got up to with Charter back in the day.

Just 12 months into his first coaching gig he was a key driver of the biggest doping scandal the sport has ever seen. The text messages prove his involvement, the legal challenges and backstabbing thereafter paint the picture of a desperate man trying to bury the truth at any cost.

I've always known he was a campaigner, just didn't know he was a cheating one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back