Past James Rose - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Lets welcome James Rose to the Sydney Swans, our only real surprise of tonights draft

All profiles, articles and posts to welcome James Rose are welcome in this thread

Powerful medium forward with excellent hands and outstanding natural leap. Good on the lead, a penetrating kick and loves physical side of the game. Averaged 11 touches in five games during NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Registered 73cm in the standing vertical jump and 87cm in the running vertical jump at NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Backing the team in,

Seems a Longmire pick. Can be anything. I have no doubt this is a best available pick.

Will be a gun.

The people who are comparing a 187, 77kg leaper to membrey....just wow.

Welcome James Rose.

Last edited:
Brenton Phillips, SANFL: "James has some special qualities about him, he has really good closing speed, real acceleration off the mark and his vertical jump is really good. He can catch blokes out with the way he leaps at contests, he goes early and I think it can put defenders off a bit. He can look a bit laconic at the same time that he makes things happen, he's a bit like Stevie Johnson in that way, and he can play in a number of spots. I've seen him play wing, half forward, half back, and play all those spots really well."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad we've taken a high risk/ high reward type.

Who ever we picked would be playing NEAFL for the next year or two anyway.

I'm glad we've taken a high risk/ high reward type

I'm not. We have one of them at the very next pick. Wold have rather we had taken a KPD or a small forward. That said at 37 you can't be too picky!

Part of the profile from this link:

Marking and his general attack on both the ball and contest are the hallmarks to his game. He leads straight at the ball carrier, marks at the highest point and tends to beat his opponent more often than not in the air. And while he isn't the tallest player going around, he isn't afraid to run through anyone in his way. His disposal is also one area of his game that will attract attention, while he wont be kicking 60m bullet passes he is neat over 50m and doesn't make too many errors. He translates that across to his goal kicking too. And when the ball hits the ground? Well, he is pretty good there too. For a player of his type, he has good agility - which is often an area that lets these 185-190cm forwards down. And endurance wise, he certainly looks to have improved and if past results are anything to go by, he should be pushing for a beep test of around level 14 come draft screenings.

Seems he is a hard nut

longmire won't play a small forward, and we have two teenage KPD.

It would be irrational

They better be right because there were some very highly regarded players still on the board!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back