Past Jamie Charman (2001-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Link ....

Brisbane Lions premiership ruckman Jamie Charman has accepted a new position but this time with a rugby league club, coming on board as the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys’ kicking and catching coach.

Charman, who retired from the AFL this year, will periodically visit Cowboys training and keep track of the performance of the team each week in his new part-time role which has the blessing of the Lions, who employ the 29-year-old as a ruck coach and in their corporate business department.

Parr approached AFL great Leigh Matthews for advice on who may be available to help the Cowboys with expert tuition and he suggested Charman, who played under Matthews in the Lions’ 2003 premiership team.

jamiecharman.jpg

I find it amusing that a ruckman, generally the worse kick in a team goes to teach kicking in RL. These kinds of positions don't need a lot of hours, it won't collide with his role with us at all. Don't have any problem with Charmo doing this.

I haven't really commented yet, but I really like charmo in the business position we have him in. He is a great bloke to talk to, and will be a good face for our club.

Helped out at Academy under 18's preseason training this week. Highlight for some of the talls was him doing one on one marking drills with them - good way to provide extra motivation - see if anyone can outmark Charmo!

Bump75000.jpg

The sun has set on your magnificent career Charmo, but those loyal fans like me are still missing you. I sit alone in your bandwagon every night and wonder what might have been if you could have got your busted body fit and had one last campaign with the seniors.:(

The sun has set on your magnificent career Charmo, but those loyal fans like me are still missing you. I sit alone in your bandwagon every night and wonder what might have been if you could have got your busted body fit and had one last campaign with the seniors.:(
A couple of weeks ago, [3] I forgot to post a link comparing both Charmo and Rog at 129 games… interesting stats. [from stats.rleague.com/afl/afl_index.html]

3KZ, when I saw you had posted in this thread, I thought you may be calling for him to come out of retirement, such is your love for the man.:p
O.K. Dylan, you are right. There is still a glimmer of hope. Do you think I should dust off the bandwagon and rebadge it as the Jamie Come Back - Official Return From Retirement Bandwagon? I'm happy to drive, but do you think we would have any passengers?

I'm sure he would force his way back into the seniors if he was fit!

Charmo come back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O.K. Dylan, you are right. There is still a glimmer of hope. Do you think I should dust off the bandwagon and rebadge it as the Jamie Come Back - Official Return From Retirement Bandwagon? I'm happy to drive, but do you think we would have any passengers?

I'm sure he would force his way back into the seniors if he was fit!

Charmo come back!

Deserves an "Operation Bring Back from Retirement Jami Charman” thread.

Deserves an "Operation Bring Back from Retirement Jami Charman” thread.
"Operation" being the operative word as far as Charmo goes. :(

Cant we just rebadge this thread as the "Operation Bring Jamie Charman Back From Retirement Provided He Doesn't Need Any More Operations" Official Bandwagon Thread?

One of my enduring memories of Charman is him giving it to, who was that log of a ruckman we traded to Carltank?, in a practise game at Coorparoo.

I thought at the time, mate, if you can't handle a bit of aggro from one of your own teammates then what hope have you got in the real world. And so it proved.

One of my enduring memories of Charman is him giving it to, who was that log of a ruckman we traded to Carltank?, in a practise game at Coorparoo.

I thought at the time, mate, if you can't handle a bit of aggro from one of your own teammates then what hope have you got in the real world. And so it proved.
Dylan McLaren?

Love Charmo, massive man crush.:thumbsu:

Yep, McLaren it was.

I actually asked Charman at Mt. Gravatt last season whether he was making a comeback as he is so obviously in great nick. Just got a grin in reply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back