jamie T - Panic Prevention

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my most successful threads!

Thanks for the bump silent alarm

For what it's worth, I personally went on to love that album.
No worries. And it's good you enjoyed it. It's a novel of an album, not perfect or a classic, but one of the great signposts of the zeitgeist. Sonically and texturally interesting, with some lyrical nous, too.

JT is back too. I'm excited even if he ruins a teenagehood full of memories. I mean it'll be his first new music since 2009 – big news.

1526304_678499842190289_1389238203_n.jpg

http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/jamie-t-isnt-dead-hes-in-the-studio-2014-new-album

Oh yes!

Wed 21st Jan – Metro Theatre, Sydney
Fri 23rd Jan – Hi Fi Bar and Ballroom, Brisbane
Sat 24th Jan –Forum Theatre, Melbourne
Mon 26th Jan – Astor Theatre, Perth

Long time coming for me. It'll be pretty special being able to see JT with one of my best high school mates. I think the Astor's a seated venue but whatever, good luck getting kids not on their feet for So Lonely Was the Ballad and Sticks N Stones...

What does everyone think of the new LP, too?

I've only heard Zombie and that was very different to his old stuff, is that a reflection on the album as a whole?
No, not at all. There's two more songs at a speed like that (and they're the worst songs on it). Zombie sounds like it could've been on Kings & Queens when you sit down and listen to the new album. It's mostly just ballads and showcases of melody. Yeah, it's almost all about melody and mood and it's about lyrics (but more fictional feeling storytelling? No mentions of going out on this album). It's a massive departure really. There's none of that hip hop influence, not a single rap, just typical singer-songwriter stuff. It's a good album but it's not the album I want from JT.

Worth sussin though

yeah agree. its def alot more mellow, ballad-y and song-y
zombie sounds like the weakest track.. and i can't really get into peter & trouble.. sorta breaks the mood
there is some great stuff on here though and i think it will take more listens to get into it more.

reminds me a little of suck it and see.. a possible transition album, leading to something else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back