Transfer discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always reckon when it starts getting talked about in the press it's not going to happen.

Ours came totally out of the blue despite it being known we were looking for investors. First I heard even a hint something was up was on the morning it was announced.

Still would be funny, if only to see a bit of flipflopping in opinion on a few issues from a few in North London. Poor Arsene would probably have a coronary if Spurs got took over by "new money" too.
Anyone but the Qatari's and I'd be happy. I'm massively in the anti-Levy camp but the goings on with the slave labour and bribery with the WC bid has even him looking him competent

Cooldude had a family tragedy and contacted me saying he would no longer be posting here because posting on a forum was the last thing on his mind.

Don't try and make me feel bad you jerk.

it's directly linked to the collapse of the russian economy overnight. these clubs won't be able to afford the players like hulk, witsel, garcia, etc, if it continues to go on such a trend. the world cup would also likely be brought into question.

Russia has struggled with low oil prices which seemingly are only going to keep dropping. Sanctions against them because of their activities in Ukraine are also beginning to bite.

Do any of the Chelsea fans on here think this will affect Chelsea / Abramovich?

Terrible response mate. Doubt Cruyff would talk s**t about something like that. Get a grip.

Well duh.

Maybe you should learn to sarcasm. I'm certain Cruyff understood my response in the way it was meant.

Thanks for the precious response though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wishing Cooldude all the best.

Did he explain why he cancelled his account, as opposed to keeping it active but just not using it for a while?

I doubt he will return. Seems pretty serious/close to home.

I was actually reading through the last 10 pages in this thread from the last few days lining up post after post of his to give him a serve. I do hope my sparring partner is ok.

No. Roman got a lot of fingers in a lot of pies, has already made his wealth and we've turned a profit without him propping us up in 2 of the last 3 seasons.

I'd say Abramovich is diverse enough while we have reached the point of self sustainability.

Last edited:
Russia has struggled with low oil prices which seemingly are only going to keep dropping. Sanctions against them because of their activities in Ukraine are also beginning to bite.

The Ruble is killing them. The owners earn in rubles but pay wages/costs in usd. Anyone in debt is extremely stuffed. I thought Roman had liquidated most of his oil interests when he took over Chelsea. Hard to think a man that rich would be long rubles and oil. Chelsea are breaking even now so it's not an issue.

Witsel would be a good pick up for a lot of clubs. Dombia and Hulk would also be other players that would attract attention.

I find Hulk to be incredibly overrated.

We need a keeper badly, some rumours Alnwick injured his shoulder against Spurs this morning so we may finally be able to get an emergency loan in. Seeing everyone from Schwarzer, Given, Harper, Al Habsi and Kuszczak being thrown around.

I wonder if Valdes fancies a 1 month holiday in the north east of England? Probably a slightly different climate to he was used to getting back at Barcelona. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back