Transfer discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes, he's been successful from a team achievement standpoint and has definitely been well remunerated. I don't think anyone is denying that.

But in terms of an individual declining in status from one of the best players in the world to just an ordinary player in almost the click of a finger, I think it's one of the biggest falls from grace.

how is that funny and my comment isn't?

seems a little bias

Because you're not funny. Your comment was stupid.

he hasnt performed at the top level for the past 5yrs, maybe he shouldve trained harder

Why would that matter? He still gets paid.

You know what though he does actually train hard. I bet he trains super hard and gives his all but after that injury he can't use what was his best asset, speed.

Yep, his body is shot.

Without a doubt but he won't retire and he also wants to prove he can still play. (nor should he retire with the money he is on).

I could go to Chelsea and win European cups too, from an individual perspective it was a massive fall from grace.

could you win 2 international tournament golden shoes and make the confeds cup team of the tournament?

it's clearly been a fall in ability but not even close to the biggest. that's just overkill. he's had an injury, lost his pace and most importantly lost his confidence. right now he's either at one of the biggest clubs in italy or he goes back to one of the biggest clubs in england. people have had it far worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul McShane retweeted about ten City supporters begging for him not to be sold then tweeted something along the lines of "Overwhelmed by the support and could keep tweeting all night, but have to be up early for U21 Training!"

Seems to have been frozen out and definitely off in January, which is a shame, as he's been at the club about 6 years, and was with us the first time we were up.

West Ham are signing Doniel Henry from Toronto FC for about $1.5M pounds if a Work Permit gets the green light on Monday.

He's a raw 21 year old Central Defender who's played 14 times for the Canadians already.

Very similar signing to when we got Winston Reid after the 2010 World Cup, raw but with a lot of potential and ability.

Fat Sam's always been pretty good when it comes to training up quality defenders, so he might end up being pretty good 2-3 years from now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back