January Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very surprising move from him. He kept on repeating that he wanted to move to a big league, a big club, namely the PL and Liverpool to enhance his chances of playing for Brazil. Instead he goes to China?

Very strange, goes against everything he has said but hey, money talks. It always has and it always will.

Good luck to him. I knew once we didnt sign him that we wouldnt be going back in for him in the summer anyways, our targets will be much different I expect come the summer.

Tex confirmed to China. So much for that move 'never happening'.

Bizarre decision for a player in his position.

He would've had his choice of half a dozen clubs in top leagues all over Europe in the summer, and I'm sure they wouldn't have been offering him pennies!

Obviously the wages he has been offered by this Chinese club were significant, but to be honest he could've had the money and the chance to play for his national team (which he stated over and over again was his key motivation for leaving Shakhtar) had he knocked back this offer.

Tex on his move....

"Let's put it like this: everyone always knew that I wanted to stay in Europe and move to the English Premier League club. But, unfortunately, all the proposals that came from them, were somewhat hot air and did not contain anything concrete.

"Now I have received a serious offer from China. Of course, I'm moving there. At this stage, the Brazil national team will move away from me a little further. But let's see what happens in the future."

Of course there is, I never said there isn't, I was referring to the Erev right now...

Is a 35 year old Dirk Kyut (who is second in the scoring there) and de Jong (who failed in Germany and England, and top atm) that much better than:

Teixeira has 39 in 37 in the past 2 seasons, Gyan (who's succeeded in France/Italy and England), Martinez (who went at almost a goal a game in the Portuguese league), Ba (succeeded in Germany/England and Turkey).

I wouldn't of thought so. All 4 of them would be the top scorer in the Erev if they were playing in it.

Alfonso Alves scored at better then a goal a game for Herenveen. Boro broke our transfer record for him. He scored 10 in 42 appearances and spent the rest of his career in Qatar.

Mateja Kezman is another

We've knocked back Juve the last few windows too. We don't want to sell him and he doesn't want to leave. I like Oscar so I'm happy for him to hang around.

They might come back at you with an offer of £70m in the summer. Oscar is a good player but at that money you take it and run, provided he wants to go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might come back at you with an offer of £70m in the summer. Oscar is a good player but at that money you take it and run, provided he wants to go there.

I don't see the point of selling him if he's a required player and he doesnt want to leave.

Its not like we need the money.

Apparently coming up against a few well paid decent foreign players in amongst bog average locals is the place to be for development according to some :drunk:
According to who?

70m though is a lot of money, and you could get more than good replacement for him.
It is a lot of money, but he's a required player who's happy where he is.

I don't like the idea of selling players just because you get a great offer for them.

I don't see the point of selling him if he's a required player and he doesnt want to leave.

Its not like we need the money.

Depends on the player really. Oscar is a good player but easily replaceable. Hazard would be a much more difficult player to replace if you sold him.

I think you'd be crazy to knock back £70m for Oscar, it's double his market value.

Read the past couple of pages someone on here thinks Sainsbury is better off there than in Holland
Apparently coming up against a few well paid decent foreign players in amongst bog average locals is the place to be for development according to some :drunk:

Most of the attacking players are foreigners or Asian passport players like Cahill etc in the league, Sainsbury will be playing on them week in week out, I didn't say every position now did I? Spiranovic is in the same boat.

Everyone is getting so defensive about it, it's only going to be a good thing for our region with increased tv rights, sponsorship and prize money for the ACL.

Rumors that Mourinho is being targeted by a few clubs in the CSL next year.

Depends on the player really. Oscar is a good player but easily replaceable. Hazard would be a much more difficult player to replace if you sold him.

I think you'd be crazy to knock back £70m for Oscar, it's double his market value.

We dont need to sell to buy, so i dont see the point.

It is a lot of money, but he's a required player who's happy where he is.

I don't like the idea of selling players just because you get a great offer for them.
Easily replaceable. He isn't a unique player IMO.

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back