Past Jared Brennan (2003-2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have any insight into the Suns inner sanctum, but from the outside it looks like the Suns coaching staff just horribly misuse Brennan. They seem to play him as a 3rd tall in the backline. Did they not see him absolutely destroy us in QClash 1? He was becoming a clearance machine for us but is rarely sighted through the middle anymore.

Brennan almost gave it away
Fri 30 Nov, 2012
Michael Whiting

JARED Brennan has admitted he almost gave the game away after a disappointing 2012 season.

The Gold Coast utility was dropped twice by coach Guy McKenna and finished the year playing in the Suns' reserves team.

At the age of 28 and after 158 games for the Suns and Brisbane Lions, he'd simply lost the passion.

Brennan admits he became reclusive from his teammates and gave only "30 to 40 per cent" of the required effort to be an AFL player.

Brennan admits he became reclusive from his teammates and gave only "30 to 40 per cent" of the required effort to be an AFL player.
:confused:

I wonder if he offers to give back 60 to 70% of his earnings back to The Suns.

Extremely talented player that was happy to coast along rather than develop his skills. Could have been so much more.

A bit of an embarrassing end to his career, being paid huge amounts of money to play in the NEAFL. Don't think he ever had much attachment to either the Lions or the Suns.

Brennan just tweeted re: McKenna's sacking:

So I just heard bluey got the flick....damn, a year late!!! In all seriousness though, 1/2
feel for the players that didn't get the chance to develop and excel because of his stubbornness and one minded ways. 2/2.

Good riddance he left. To say that about a former coach in such a public forum portrays a major lack of compassion and class.

Brennan just tweeted re: McKenna's sacking:

So I just heard bluey got the flick....damn, a year late!!! In all seriousness though, 1/2
feel for the players that didn't get the chance to develop and excel because of his stubbornness and one minded ways. 2/2.

Good riddance he left. To say that about a former coach in such a public forum portrays a major lack of compassion and class.

https://twitter.com/JJ_Brennan

We sure this is genuine? First tweet for over a year and a half.

It's going to be a story if so.

As you say Bert, pretty bloody nasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i ran into claye cameron at the gym couple of years ago, he had the nicest things to say about everyone, except brennan, had a poor work ethic, bad attitude and general s**t bloke all round not much appreciated by the boys, good riddance to a wasted talent

That was the 93 point unexpected flogging at the MCG if I recall correctly. One of the most fun and unexpected results in the last 10 years.

We weren't even meant to get close to them in that game, let alone destroy them by that amount.

One thing you can say for Jared, he loved playing the Pies. His debut was special. Especially because Eddie was commentating and spent the whole last quarter whinging that the AFL had created a monster and that we were going to win the next 37 flags.

His debut was special. Especially because Eddie was commentating and spent the whole last quarter whinging that the AFL had created a monster and that we were going to win the next 37 flags.

Easter 2003. One of the rare times I've happened to be in Brisbane when we were playing. He turned that game around when Leigh put him on Tarrant. Tarrant was the most important player on the field in the first half, hardly sighted in the second. One of the best debuts I've ever seen.

Wouldn't it be great if all footballers were nice chaps- suppose managing diverse personalities and often inflated egos comes within the ambit of coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back