Traded Jared Polec (2011-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Always nervous when player managers say things like that. Hack journo's I can handle but managers tend to actually know the ins and outs. :thumbsdown:

Velocity manages neither player though. Not too worried.

Does Lynchy even write those articles or does Hammo ghost for him like he did for Browny.

Velocity manages neither player though. Not too worried.

Does Lynchy even write those articles or does Hammo ghost for him like he did for Browny.

Yes but I imagine the world of player managers are all closely intertwined wrt info on possible player movements. Anyway, I hope I am wrong but time will tell I guess. My thoughts tend to fluctuate between confident and not confident by the week.

Yes but I imagine the world of player managers are all closely intertwined wrt info on possible player movements. Anyway, I hope I am wrong but time will tell I guess. My thoughts tend to fluctuate between confident and not confident by the week.

Polec a lot more important to keep than Karnezis...adds a different style / quality to the team when fit :thumbsu:

Yeah, J Pol is about 6th in line a best I reckon, behind Black, Moloney, Lisle, Yeo and Doc.

The club does tend to bring him in relatively quickly though. That in mind wouldn't be all that surprised to see him get a run before Yeo and Doc.

The club does tend to bring him in relatively quickly though. That in mind wouldn't be all that surprised to see him get a run before Yeo and Doc.

That is a testimony of how highly he is rated at the club. Unfortunately we fans haven't seen to much of him. I would put him in front of Doc and Yeo. When Polec plays well I'm sure everyone here will agree he is on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, J Pol is about 6th in line a best I reckon, behind Black, Moloney, Lisle, Yeo and Doc.
Just on this, my thoughts around his standing in terms of senior selection are really more global than anything, in that I'm not taking positional or role factors into account. Those 5 players in my opinion would be ahead of him irrespective of position.

Taking the excellent points from POBT 's thread into account, I would say that Golby and Mayes are currently ahead of him, and that he is maybe level with or slightly behind Karnezis, all 4 of which I think are in line for those dual wing roles in the senior side. This is mind, Polec is just as likely to be selected as Karnezis, I would think.

Just on this, my thoughts around his standing in terms of senior selection are really more global than anything, in that I'm not taking positional or role factors into account. Those 5 players in my opinion would be ahead of him irrespective of position.

Taking the excellent points from POBT 's thread into account, I would say that Golby and Mayes are currently ahead of him, and that he is maybe level with or slightly behind Karnezis, all 4 of which I think are in line for those dual wing roles in the senior side. This is mind, Polec is just as likely to be selected as Karnezis, I would think.

Someone like Hanley also spends time as that wide midfielder and a guy like Bewick probably performs two roles.

Lions sack Voss to stop player walkout
August 13 2013
Andrew Hamilton

The Lions were facing a player crisis with Billy Longer, Sam Docherty, Jared Polec, James Polkinghorne and Patrick Karnezis all expressing a desire to be traded. There had been strong murmurs that senior players such as Tom Rockliff had also become frustrated with Voss.

As a team who really needs another quality ball user in the midfield, I'd be surprised if they traded Polec at the end of the year. Would love to see him play in these last few rounds.

As a team who really needs another quality ball user in the midfield, I'd be surprised if they traded Polec at the end of the year. Would love to see him play in these last few rounds.

its not a question of whether they want to keep him or not, its whether he wants to stay or go home

Great mark at the end. I know GWS are a young team but the Poleman makes them look like an under 13s team and not a good under 13s team

You can tell he's only going at about 50% though. Big step up to the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back