List Mgmt. Jarrad Jansen - Traded to BL for Future 3Rd pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious as to why you guys are asking for close to your money back on Jansen? Mid 30s pick who hasn't played a game in his first two years and is uncontracted, surely a late pick does it (e.g. pick in the 50s or later)?

For comparison someone like Nathan Freeman, a top 10 pick and uncontracted who hasn't played a game is likely to net Collingwood a pick in the late 20s.

Is there a less obvious reason you're expecting something decent for a trade? E.g. maybe we will give you something decent as you let Christensen come to us without any sort of a fight trade wise.

Zac Smith is an uncontracted player, who has had a knee reconstruction and played the majority of 2015 in the reserves (ie. he couldn't get a game in one of the worst teams in the league) - some think he is worth a top 20 pick.

Valuing players is subjective and usually bogus.

What is the Lions likely to give for him? A 3rd round pick probably? He would have little trade currency and not worth trading for a 3rd rounder IMO.

What is the Lions likely to give for him? A 3rd round pick probably? He would have little trade currency and not worth trading for a 3rd rounder IMO.

Why not use him to upgrade our 2nd round pick? Jansen and our 2nd rounder in return for Brisbane's 2nd rounder, which could be pretty valuable currency to on-trade for Henderson or Smith.

Very keen on Dan McStay. Would be perfect for our future. Far better prospect that Henderson.
How could we structure a deal to get him?
Obviously we can't.
Anyway, my wish list.

Very keen on Dan McStay. Would be perfect for our future. Far better prospect that Henderson.
Obviously we can't.
Anyway, my wish list.
Don't think Brisbane could stomach a player with the word stay in his name leaving them.

Obviously we can't.
Anyway, my wish list.

McStay the one that got away. Tall defender needs ignored again, but the guy's a switchman as well and can go forward, Wells missed a good one there.

McStay the one that got away. Tall defender needs ignored again, but the guy's a switchman as well and can go forward, Wells missed a good one there.

but we got Rivers who is now retired and we are going to get Henderson who will be solid for four years at best.
We don't need to look at drafting in anymore young key defenders or forwards. That's not how you create a winning formula.
It's all about now and not 2018 & beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but we got Rivers who is now retired and we are going to get Henderson who will be solid for four years at best.
We don't need to look at drafting in anymore young key defenders or forwards. That's not how you create a winning formula.
It's all about now and not 2018 & beyond.

Wait I'm confused.
Re Henderson - At BEST he will be solid for about 6 years, but likely the 4 year mark.

Just on the last bit, I thought you wanted us to build a premiership team by drafting players & stop trying to fill gaps for a few years with Free Agents & Trades?...But now you're saying it's all about the here & now which either means an incredible draft pick who is ready to step in from Day 1 or way more likely bringing recruits in from other clubs. Which would you prefer? Perhaps a mixture of both?

Wait I'm confused.
Re Henderson - At BEST he will be solid for about 6 years, but likely the 4 year mark.

Just on the last bit, I thought you wanted us to build a premiership team by drafting players & stop trying to fill gaps for a few years with Free Agents & Trades?...But now you're saying it's all about the here & now which either means an incredible draft pick who is ready to step in from Day 1 or way more likely bringing recruits in from other clubs. Which would you prefer? Perhaps a mixture of both?
sarcasm_detector.jpg

They were very keen on him, but went for Darcy

I got a lot of love to give! :D
There is another word for people like that. :p

But to uphold my weekly check-in...are you still doing OK mate?

There is another word for people like that. :p

But to uphold my weekly check-in...are you still doing OK mate?

I'm taken though mate sorry ;)
I'm okay I'm okay, I'm back eating now, think I've lost 100kgs since hearing the news... :p

Uh not sure to be honest aha can you tell me? :)
Not in top 10.
Cripps just from Murphy, then Tuohy
Strange voting system.
20 votes for each game to be shared and distributed to as many players as each voter decides.
Cripps 68-- 1st
Carazzo 23-- 10th
Can't see LH polling too many there.

Has anyone considered that Walker could be a straight trade for Smith? R/F option they require. Can see Walker opting to go there ahead of Carlton.

One of the guys on Trade Radio sort of echoed what others have said here. That Geelong would've liked to keep Jansen, good on the inside, but they would question how well he would be able to spread from a contest.

Wait I'm confused.

I like a mixture. To go down the aggressive rebuild now when we've been doing it differently for the last 3 years wouldn't be good for Selwood and Hawkins. Go down that path now and we might as well trade them.

One of the guys on Trade Radio sort of echoed what others have said here. That Geelong would've liked to keep Jansen, good on the inside, but they would question how well he would be able to spread from a contest.

That's a point of interest for me - at East Fremantle JJ and Cripps were viewed as strong inside mids with similar strengths except JJ was viewed as having more outside speed.
Here we are 2 years later and Cripps wins a B&F and JJ is yet to be tried - I hope he stays and gets a chance but it seems likely another Club will get a chance to unlock the potential he no doubt possesses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back