Bumped Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls's time for a change

Remove this Banner Ad

labelled? dude get with the program its not labelled its more just has NFI.

Jackson's improved out of sight California and he'd be a solid AFL footballer for many years to come regardless of what club he was at. You called for his delisting for years, so no matter how many times your mates wheel you through the car wash in a shopping trolley, you still have egg on your face.

For us, he's a downright godsend, as Tuck was when he emerged.

Jackson's had to shoulder much of the load in the centre all year in his first season as an AFL midfielder and done an admirable job (as you'll find out when they do the Brownlow count). At this stage of the year he's tired, battered, and no doubt looking forward to reloading with a bit more support next year.

Roos played Kirk head to head on Jackson on the weekend (not Jackson tagging Kirk) because Roos knows without Jackson winning the ball and crashing bodies (and with Tuck in the VFL for reasons you'd never get your head around) our current midfield is absolutely toothless.

Newman and McMahon starting in the centre square...muster a couple of brain cells (a fork in the power point with your goon bag hat on ought to do the trick) and think about it.

Just dont forget our debates over the stretch on the virtues of Tuck yeah?

How could I forget?

There was the 'debate' which ended abruptly when you belatedly woke up to the fact that he played almost all of 2007 kicking with his left foot...because you were so wine soaked/braindead/dudeified you hadn't noticed he was kicking with his wrong foot, or didn't even know which foot was his natural foot.

Then there was the two month period where he was in such outstanding form at the end of 2008 and you were so embarrassed about your previous slaughterings of him that you mysteriously (LMAO) took your first hiatus from the board in the time I've been here.

Tuck is playing VFL ATM for a number of reasons which I'm not willing to divulge (more for lack of wanting a 12 page discussion on it than secrecy, because the real reasons aren't a big secret), but I can guarantee you he'll be in our starting midfield in 2010 and he'll make you 'disappear' or blatantly avoid the topic a few times yet before his time is up.

I am convinvced that you are an expert in building outer suburban 3rd division footy team.

You're right, I'll find the workable clay in any pile of s**t rather than pretending cubic zirconia's are diamonds, or pretending if we'd just dug deeper for longer we'd have struck pay dirt instead of just having to build an extra few levels of scaffolding to climb out again, then discovering all our investors had deserted us when we resurfaced.

Meyer (4), Hughes (4), JON (4), Schulz (6 or 7), Fiora (God knows how many), Pettifer (longer), Casserley (3), Moore (4 or 5). How many did Hartigan, Roach get.

Jackson's in his six - fair chance he would have been gone by now at most clubs.

But for every Jackson who eventually comes good, there's a dozen JONs, Hughes' or Roach.

Most of the two/one year guys ... Gilmore, Peterson disappeared more through attitude than talent!!!

Would you have de-listed Meyer before last season?. No one in their right mind would have de-listed Hughes after last year, Schulz hasn't been a complete flop he hasn't had the effect we'd like and its over now but he tried we tried.

Pettifer had 3 season in a row with 30+ goals... maybe kept on 1 season to long. Casserly deserved the chance to get himself right 3 years was fine. Moore some say was AA chance not IMO but...

You're right, I'll find the workable clay in any pile of s**t rather than pretending cubic zirconia's are diamonds, or pretending if we'd just dug deeper for longer we'd have struck pay dirt instead of just having to build an extra few levels of scaffolding to climb out again, then discovering all our investors had deserted us when we resurfaced.

yeah but the problem you are not understanding is that you really dont know s**t from clay....we have had ****ing clay finders like you coaching the club for the last 2 decades dude.
As for your super deluxe appraisal of Jacko. Ok so after trying him here there and everywhere, we have arrived at the conclusion that all he is good for is to tag players. ****ing A dude....the last post, the one that says on the top of the door, exit this way, ask Hyde and co what that means.
I will repeat it for "talent spotters" like you and the other fool, richoatthedisco. You plod when you have plodders tagging. You make waves when you have talent tagging. For every possession Jacko stops his opponent getting, i.e. say his opponent has 15 they are still quality possesions....its cancelled out by Jackos 20 of which 16 are ****ing pure comedy. But you stick to your clay man. ;)

As for your super deluxe appraisal of Jacko. Ok so after trying him here there and everywhere, we have arrived at the conclusion that all he is good for is to tag players.

You've never played football have you California? (it's a rhetorical question because I've seen you dodge it numerous times)

You don't understand the first thing about the difference fierce attack on the football and raw hardness makes to a midfield setup and overall team morale.

You don't understand that midfielders get tried all over the place until they develop the engine required to play midfield. The experience they gain elsewhere gives them a fallback position if they're playing hurt, or the depth of a side's midfield talent squeezes them out. Jackson has shown he can be quite effective forward and back - now he has the engine he'll play in the guts until the highly unlikely time that our depth of midfield talent squeezes him out.

You don't understand that if a 'tagger' can win a heap of his own clearances AND keep his opponent below normal performance (in our case, that 'normal' average is sourced from games against better clubs) , that's a considerable victory. In case you missed it, we don't have too many consistent matchup victories - Jackson has given us plenty this year and been a downright revelation.

Even the clueless commentators and the average sceptical punter has woken up to Jackson's worth California...it's priceless comedy for you to be pretending you are some sort of football genius guru who knows better.

Take Tuck and Jackson out of our full strength midfield setup and blokes like Deledio, Cotchin and Foley would play hurt for the rest of the season after the first encounter, but you're far too football stupid to even concede that much.

I will repeat it for "talent spotters" like you and the other fool, richoatthedisco. You plod when you have plodders tagging. You make waves when you have talent tagging.

Stop making a fool of yourself - you clearly don't even understand what tagging means.

Top midfielders don't 'tag' each other, they play head to head.

The 'plodders' you refer to are negating taggers who sacrifice their own game to nullify an opponent as much as possible - some of them do it well consistently and all the top sides have one or two, or even three now tagging rebounding defenders has become commonplace. The debatable exception is Ling, but IMO he doesn't hurt opposition sides often enough to be in a tagging class of his own, as some media pundits would suggest.

Jackson has managed - in his first season as an AFL midfielder - to nullify his opponent way more often than not and win plenty of quality clearances in his own right (many of these would be the 'worthless' disposals people like you who've never played football at a decent level think are easy to pull off under the fiercest of pressure).

His critics draw the majority of their ammunition from the fact that he goes way beyond his role as a tagging hard nut ball winner at clearances and runs himself way beyond the pain barrier also doing a heap of link work around the ground on top of all his grunt work at stoppages - effectively taking on the workload which should be done by the super fit flanker and winger 'playmakers' we don't have.

As a result his disposal suffers...but I defy anyone (I know you won't be able to California McRumsfeld) to name me a player who can nullify his opponent to below his average disposals and effectiveness, win a stack of crucial clearances in ther own right, average 25+ disposals a match, and has superb disposal.

Such a player doesn't exist - stop expecting a bloke in his first season with very little support from his teammates to become the first.

Cross, Sewell, Kirk, Jackson...they're all similar players which a quality midfield needs and you'd have to have rocks in your head to think that any of the first three possess more skill and overall effectiveness than Jackson will have developed in a couple of years once he's reached his prime playing age and has 100 games under his belt.

resurrect his career?? had he even started one?? worst player on an afl list for a long time. how he managed to stay on our list for 3 years staggers me.

JON is bad, but surely Kepler Bradley takes that cake, the man is a morish medalist and has lived of it since he was drafted. seriously he is the worst player i have ever seen and yet hes still getting payed. it baffles me

I think he's one who has been found out by the pace of the game - I agree he might have all the skills in U16s and U18s, but playing against men at their pace, he doesn't react fast enough. (I was a champ in the U8's, and that was my level).

He's also had 4 years to get used to it - and he can't. His decision making is awful, and his positioning just seems wrong at times.
But if the club coaches are willing ot give him another go, so will I. Can't see it, though.

i know he is one of the top draft picks at rfc but i think its about time the club seriously considers trading him to another club.
To who? Yarraville?
He will be one of the first delisted within a fortnight.

I still think he could make a career for himself. Has never really had a proper pre-season, was only 17 when drafted and his body type was always going to need time to fill out. Plus he seems the shy type and has reportedly struggled to adapt to his new life. I think at least one more year with the new coach before giving up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing in his favour even for a skinny bloke is his fearlessness and hardness in packs Hope Hardwick gives him an extended go. I reckon he will make it.

Now now, JON would be a great player at Scotch under 16's. Give the kid a go, sheesh! ;)

I'm not sure about individual leagues but in most isn't U14's like the cut off year for girls to play in boys teams?:p

Quite seriously though, whenever JON played I always started flicking through an IKEA catalogue and picking out items like bookshelves, desks, cupboards, dressers.....you know....the sort of items that would provide more run, contest and presence than our young Jarrod.:thumbsu:

The kid was no good. There was no upside to anything he ever showed us. Ever. That pretty much lays out why he won't be picked up by anyone else.

please please take me out of the misery of having to subject myself and richmond fans to another year of JON. Those "supporters", that keep praising him really need to consider the fact, that in a shyt house team, JoN looks to be one of the worst. After so many years of trying....put him down.

Our clubs ability to develop players has been probably the worst in the competition. Jon was a long term project. We need to learn to develop players... JON should be given more time.

Our clubs ability to develop players has been probably the worst in the competition. Jon was a long term project. We need to learn to develop players... JON should be given more time.

With some proper development he would be a solid contributer by now.

Wasn't JON the player who didn't even have a development guy helping him at all adjust when he first came to the club?

It was probably mentioned somewhere in this post that our "part-time" recruitment person didn't even see him play. RFC drafted him on the say so of some local people...

Pretty happy we have three fulltime staff recruiting now. Hopefully this won't happen again. I hope the guy gets a go elsewhere.

It was probably mentioned somewhere in this post that our "part-time" recruitment person didn't even see him play. RFC drafted him on the say so of some local people...

Pretty happy we have three fulltime staff recruiting now. Hopefully this won't happen again. I hope the guy gets a go elsewhere.
That is apparanetly correct. We drafted him on video evidence. And people wonder why we are shtyte.

I reckon Sydney might be good club for him...if they can't make something of him , then no-one can...

Wow talk about serendipity. Just then on our board one of our guys mentioned him as a possible target. Got me to thinking. What does he do well and badly? Can't say ive seen a whole lot of him, ive just heard everyone taking shots at him (deserved maybe). If we rookied him i reckon we could do some good with him. Force him to follow Goodesy around for a year and lock him in the gym for the rest of the time to get some meat on his bones.

Roosy has said he will be looking for quick, skillful outside runners for next year. Possibility. I would only want to rookie list him so he is forced to work and work hard to make something of himself. So what can he do and what doesn't he do? (dont really wanna read through the whole thread). Brief overview?

Wow talk about serendipity. Just then on our board one of our guys mentioned him as a possible target. Got me to thinking. What does he do well and badly? Can't say ive seen a whole lot of him, ive just heard everyone taking shots at him (deserved maybe). If we rookied him i reckon we could do some good with him. Force him to follow Goodesy around for a year and lock him in the gym for the rest of the time to get some meat on his bones.

Roosy has said he will be looking for quick, skillful outside runners for next year. Possibility. I would only want to rookie list him so he is forced to work and work hard to make something of himself. So what can he do and what doesn't he do? (dont really wanna read through the whole thread). Brief overview?
If he is eligible to be rookied, I reckon he'd be a bloody good rookie choice for you guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back