Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking more along these lines

aniston-fit-tips_0.jpg

Welcome Jarrod Waite:

I just get the feeling he's really looking forward to getting stuck in at his new club. Like, really looking forward to it.

Any chance of the club getting a mike which picks up the questions being asked?

What Waite does give is a bloody scary pair of hands.

Averages over 6 marks a game I believe and when he gets hands to it he doesn't often need multiple grabs.
Pure mark of the footy, discipline and injury have cost him dearly.

Welcome Jarrod Waite:

I just get the feeling he's really looking forward to getting stuck in at his new club. Like, really looking forward to it.

Stoked to have this guy in the Blue and White and thinking he'll play a huge part in determining how far we can go in 2015.

Genuine gun when on and if we can solve the enigma that Jarrad is we'll push hard for top 4.

Good pick up by you guys, always wanted a two year deal with no trigger and you guys gave him it. Given we got no compensation, he obviously isn't on much money. Despite his age he can still play as a tall winger as well, which could be an option if another of your forwards comes on during this year or next.

Really disappointed to lose him, if he can sort out his on field antics and play finals footy he could easily be the difference in a finals match. Good luck next year to Waite and your boys.

Good pick up by you guys, always wanted a two year deal with no trigger and you guys gave him it. Given we got no compensation, he obviously isn't on much money. Despite his age he can still play as a tall winger as well, which could be an option if another of your forwards comes on during this year or next.

Really disappointed to lose him, if he can sort out his on field antics and play finals footy he could easily be the difference in a finals match. Good luck next year to Waite and your boys.
I feel its unfair to you guys to get bugger all compo, Waite was saying in his interview that he got indications that you guys were going to go through a re-build which was interesting.

Hope you guys can get more than 10 games out of him... I would be dead set pissed off if we picked him up on that coin though with his record.

In saying that, if he plays 22 games next year you guys are laughing. Just can't see if happening though, considering he hasn't played close to a full season in 6 years. Best of luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on picking up Waites guys, looking great in the royal blue! Next season I really expect to see him challenge for an equal share of the goal tally with Petrie making it that little bit harder for opposition defenders. Want to him stay on the park injury-free to really see what he's capable of at a new club/new environment. I believe your club's culture and work ethic will have a positive effect on Waite, and I hope he can now return the faith youve shown in him. Exciting times at Arden Street with a big season coming up in 2015.

I didn't realise we had no other key forwards at the club.

It's the other end that we should be looking to patch up.

Capable of playing a second tall role down back and on the wing, so provides a lot of options for you guys depending on how other prospects develop. At least he won't be taking away any game time for those who prove themselves.

I feel its unfair to you guys to get bugger all compo, Waite was saying in his interview that he got indications that you guys were going to go through a re-build which was interesting.

I don't think we deserved compo to be honest, he got a two year contract on limited money (I think he'd be on 300k/yr before performance bonuses which is nothing for a KPF). I don't think we're going through a rebuild at all, we're not going to be competitive during Waite's career though and I think Waite was expecting to get a real shot at a premiership especially after 2011.

Will be rooting for him to do well at the Kangas, I do think he stabbed the club in the back a bit after all we've put up in regards to injury and suspension but you can't hold it against a guy chasing success, money and a guaranteed two year contract.

I was originally against bringing Waite to the club, but after I've come around. It will be exciting to see he and Drew in the same forward line, and if Drew was to get injured, it really helps us out. If we get deep in September again, a forward line of Waite, Petrie and Brown gives us genuine firepower.

The club needs to be very careful in how they manage Wood and Black though, a year of Waite is not worth either not getting opportunity, and looking elsewhere for it.

Mentioned several pages back that Waite isn't depth, he's covering a glaring gap that can't be patched up by a player under 30 unless we part with an early pick or pay up bigtime.

Have always mentioned to Carlton supporters that I thought he was a gun and has underperformed over his career for his level of ability.

Hopefully he can bloom late at Arden Street.

Mentioned several pages back that Waite isn't depth, he's covering a glaring gap that can't be patched up by a player under 30 unless we part with an early pick or pay up bigtime.

Have always mentioned to Carlton supporters that I thought he was a gun and has underperformed over his career for his level of ability.

Hopefully he can bloom late at Arden Street.
hope so.....while he's a big unit, he doesn't look particularly physically imposing. Maybe Majak and Robbie can show him around the gym, getting him working on his beach muscles.

Hope you guys can get more than 10 games out of him... I would be dead set pissed off if we picked him up on that coin though with his record.

In saying that, if he plays 22 games next year you guys are laughing. Just can't see if happening though, considering he hasn't played close to a full season in 6 years. Best of luck.
What coin? His contract is so short and modest that Carlton aren't receiving a compensatory pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back