Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

It actually does, especially when you have casuals trying to educate you on a game they don't know the first thing about

If you're letting that affect you, you really need to grow a thicker skin. You can still follow the game the same as you did last year and the year before that.

I
Just enjoy it for what it is. It doesn't affect your ability to enjoy the NFL at all.

Want to bet?

If you're letting that affect you, you really need to grow a thicker skin. You can still follow the game the same as you did last year and the year before that.

So by that logic you have no complaints over broadcast standards of football here? I'm guessing you're not a contributor to the infamous 'the media' thread on the Port board either.

You wouldn't have the faintest clue
I do though. I've been through the same thing.

But seriously.

Let's be real here for a minute.

There is an increased casual interest in the NFL and you're upset to the point where you want an Australian cross code athlete to fail so that you stop getting bothered by people.

#carn

Every avid follower of every sport everywhere has to deal with casual supporters who have absolutely no idea but want to talk about the sport.

It happens with Aussie rules footy as well.

It's part and parcel of knowing a sport well.

I do though. I've been through the same thing.

But seriously.

Let's be real here for a minute.

There is an increased casual interest in the NFL and you're upset to the point where you want an Australian cross code athlete to fail so that you stop getting bothered by people.

#carn

Every avid follower of every sport everywhere has to deal with casual supporters who have absolutely no idea but want to talk about the sport.

It happens with Aussie rules footy as well.

It's part and parcel of knowing a sport well.

It's different. Not many casual footy fans have the ridiculous arrogance that Tigernova gave us earlier. There's a difference between casual observer showing an interest and casual observer masquerading as an absolute expert, which is what we're seeing a lot of currently.

I'm not sure how doing something that literally every other marketable athlete would do in the most showy league in the world is a red flag.

It's like now that he's performed reasonably well, NFL snobs over here are looking for a reason to talk him down. It's incredibly unbecoming.
What nonsense.

There's been a more balanced discussion in this thread than the entire Oz media combined. No hating on the bloke just people giving their own opinions and observations. Most of it informed too.

What people are hating on is the braindead sports media we have in this country. It's embarrassingly bad.

So bad in fact that the recent AFL/Newscorp deal didn't raise any eyebrows when they were open about the fact it would sway editorial content in the non-AFL states.

So yeah, some of us are hating on that nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What nonsense.

There's been a more balanced discussion in this thread than the entire Oz media combined. No hating on the bloke just people giving their own opinions and observations. Most of it informed too.

What people are hating on is the braindead sports media we have in this country. It's embarrassingly bad.

So bad in fact that the recent AFL/Newscorp deal didn't raise any eyebrows when they were open about the fact it would sway editorial content in the non-AFL states.

So yeah, some of us are hating on that nonsense.
I don't disagree with any of that at all, but some of the reaction to it in this thread has crossed the line to Hayne bagging, or hoping for him to fail, which is a bit embarrassing really unless you disliked him from his league days or hate the niners.

What nonsense.

This 100%

I love it when there is more people looking to get into the NFL. However when I hear how good Haynes is compared to everyone else I just feel it's disrespectful to the rest of the NFL that has dedicated at least 5 years to get where they are. Haynes is doing really well in the preseason but please don't s**t over our game like it's some toy for bored NRL players.

I don't disagree with any of that at all, but some of the reaction to it in this thread has crossed the line to Hayne bagging, or hoping for him to fail, which is a bit embarrassing really unless you disliked him from his league days or hate the niners.
Some of the reaction has also come across like he is playing at an elite level, taking the league by storm, which he is not

Some of the reaction has also come across like he is playing at an elite level, taking the league by storm, which he is not
Some comments i heard on the radio by a league person, and Vautin on Footy show.....it's like no one has ever sidestepped before, they just run straight, they have no agility compared to RL players, and that Hayne will revolutionize the NFL, theyve never seen anything like him before in terms of athletic ability. Like seriously those kinds of comments were made by RL people. Not fans, but RL former players and media.

And fans, saying stuff like....Hayne's success there is justification of what we've always thought, that RL players are better than NFL players, more agility, not pussies in pads, etc.

Some comments i heard on the radio by a league person, and Vautin on Footy show.....it's like no one has ever sidestepped before, they just run straight, they have no agility compared to RL players, and that Hayne will revolutionize the NFL, theyve never seen anything like him before in terms of athletic ability. Like seriously those kinds of comments were made by RL people. Not fans, but RL former players and media.

And fans, saying stuff like....Hayne's success there is justification of what we've always thought, that RL players are better than NFL players, more agility, not pussies in pads, etc.

That's your first mistake.

It's ridiculous. The best player in rugby league might make the roster of a terrible NFL team because his skill set matches that of a minor role in an NFL team, and the RL media are gushing.

But fmd if I'm going to let something Fatty ******* Vautin says have any impact on my enjoyment of the the NFL.

Unfortunately, it happens a lot in Australia even with your own codes. How many times have you read in Bigfooty main board people putting down league for being a meathead game with no skills compared to the purity of the AFL game. And how many times have you heard AFL heads going on about how s**t, boring, NFL is. And how many times have you/I heard RL heads going on about how AFL players cant tackle and are pussies. There doesnt seem to be that kind of attitude towards Soccer, as everyone seems to appreciate it at least. And not towards Union probably because it's considered an ugly step-child or insignificant code to RL/AR. It's like RL/AFL/Union/NFL....all being mostly related codes, off-shoots of Rugby, or all competing against each other directly outside of Soccer which no code can touch.

It's ridiculous. The best player in rugby league might make the roster of a terrible NFL team because his skill set matches that of a minor role in an NFL team, and the RL media are gushing.

But fmd if I'm going to let something Fatty ******* Vautin says have any impact on my enjoyment of the the NFL.

Even Fatty himself doesn't listen to Fatty.

Unfortunately, it happens a lot in Australia even with your own codes. How many times have you read in Bigfooty main board people putting down league for being a meathead game with no skills compared to the purity of the AFL game. And how many times have you heard AFL heads going on about how s**t, boring, NFL is. And how many times have you/I heard RL heads going on about how AFL players cant tackle and are pussies. There doesnt seem to be that kind of attitude towards Soccer, as everyone seems to appreciate it at least. And not towards Union probably because it's considered an ugly step-child or insignificant code to RL/AR. It's like RL/AFL/Union/NFL....all being mostly related codes, off-shoots of Rugby, or all competing against each other directly outside of Soccer which no code can touch.

It's joyful when you love all sports.

That's your first mistake.

True. But it wasnt just Vautin. There were other former/current players on radio i heard saying that kind of stuff. I think it's LESS current players, who DO have an appreciation of gridiron, probably have met a bunch of them overseas, and are cooler, tho there ARE still current players who think this way, but former players are worse.

True. But it wasnt just Vautin. There were other former/current players on radio i heard saying that kind of stuff. I think it's LESS current players, who DO have an appreciation of gridiron, probably have met a bunch of them overseas, and are cooler, tho there ARE still current players who think this way, but former players are worse.
You should have called in and educated them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back