Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Admittedly I didn't watch the second drill clip thinking it was going to be a 'run of the mill clip' then read your post >>> beeline to the clip and calamity central..

hehheh.gif
that SCREAMS C'MON MAN!!! :D:D

I reckon I can run faster between the cones than beefcake Hayne.. :p
He's really up against it after seeing that. Doubt he'll make it past the initial mini-camp stages.

Read an article that said he wants to try as PR and/or WR!! No chance either one of those. Think this time next year he'll be getting ready for rugby season.

Could be the Mascot!! :D

lions-mascot_display_image.jpg

Drills or not, Hayne's fighting against stiff hips, a poor change of direction and piss poor acceleration.

I've said it from the outset that he should be commended for trying but the NFL isn't the AFL and NRL where you bring in international players and give them contracts to grow the game.

This guy lasted just from January to May on a futures contract, and then got cut.

And he's got world record type speed and agility.

Says he only recently (months) learned to play Rugby. Moving fwd about our lil' Aussie battler.. At the end of the day.. it's going to all come crashing down on Hayne as predicted… it was a trip worth the promotion of somewhat exposure for the NFL but really.. 'No dice' as the great late Don Lane would say.

Still snickering about that calamity training piece.. :D:D:D I can't help but hear the voice of the Seahawks broadcast commentator…(Steve Raible) "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"

Last edited:
Says he only recently (months) learned to play Rugby. Moving fwd about our lil' Aussie battler.. At the end of the day.. it's going to all come crashing down on Hayne as predicted… it was a trip worth the promotion of somewhat exposure for the NFL but really.. 'No dice' as the great late Don Lane would say.

Still snickering about that calamity training piece.. :D:D:D I can't help but hear the voice of the Seahawks broadcast commentator…(Steve Raible) "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"
Imagine how many more lol fails there were in that training session that fox sports didn't air :D

It's funny reading some of the NFL facebook page's comments when they post about Jarryd Hayne.

Just turns into a crapfight over which sport is better/worse.
I had an argument today with a guy who reckons Hayne is gonna be a star NFL player and that it'll open the door to a whole bunch of NRL players lining up to join the NFL etc, and how they're more talented than NFL players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions cut Reggie Bush today. Opens an opportunity for Hayne to seize at least some playing time behind (or ahead of) Joique Bell, if Hayne is good enough.

Lions cut Reggie Bush today. Opens an opportunity for Hayne to seize at least some playing time behind (or ahead of) Joique Bell, if Hayne is good enough.

If he signs with the Lions that is the end of any chance of playing NFL, I think we all know the Lions record with International prospects who bring self made hype with them. If so can we start calling him Kickalicious 2.0?

In all seriousness if the lions sign him, it will be just another screw up in a long line of them for the franchise, and he will end up on the practice squad keeping a deserving prospect out of the league.

Lol at the terrible throw and guy falling over...fck me. My bloody son and i can do better than that over at the park. He is 8 and can throw a perfect spiral (smaller ball admittedly) and I am yet to see him face plant when running a route.

Lions are reported to be interested in taking one of the top RBs either late 1st or 2nd round this year.

Theres more training videos in both links below, havent watched yet as i have to crash....also further details about Hayne poised to be signed by one of three teams (lions, niners or seahawks)....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...former-nfl-stars/story-fnp542pi-1227239036548

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...hayne-expected-to-sign-with-an-nfl-team-soon/

Looks a lot better in those clips than the previous ones, & if that 2nd article is correct, almost half the league is looking at him.

Finally watched those pro day videos.

He's still awful at the cone drill. He's way too cumbersome. Too top heavy, stiff, and leads with his head. As in, when he wants to laterally move he has to point his head in the direction he wants his body to go. Terrible. His feet still aren't nimble, lacks explosiveness in his cuts and won't be able to fake out defenders due to all that.

He'll never be a ball carrier. He looked good catching punts, but again when running with the ball after catching a punt he will have trouble with lateral movement. Instead if he has any good returns 11 on 11, it will be those carries where they just skive straight thru a good block.

He looks good catching the ball when running a route. Tho it was all body catches. Would like to see how he goes catching with his hands.

Pass blocking skills will obviously be something he has to learn from the ground up.

I think he'll look to make it on special teams. Both ways. As a gunner, and as a returner. Tho I still think he'll be up against better more naturally gifted returners in mini camp and may not make it past them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back