Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

The latest from Foxsports is he's adamant he's not going back to the NRL.

I'm sick of posting links to their bullshit.

Why would he? He's hardly starving on the practice squad.

He gets to train ever week with elite athletes while learning the game. F*** me, he's no martyr. He's living the dream.

The other aspect is he isn't taking a lot of hits. Even if he waits 2-3 years before going back to league he'll still walk back into the league. Chances are with what's he picked up training as a RB he'll be an even better league player than he is now.

RL is a sport that's treated with contempt for a reason. RL fans might get angry at that statement but even it's top players treat it with contempt.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The latest from Foxsports is he's adamant he's not going back to the NRL.

I'm sick of posting links to their bullshit.

Why would he? He's hardly starving on the practice squad.

He gets to train ever week with elite athletes while learning the game. F*** me, he's no martyr. He's living the dream.

The other aspect is he isn't taking a lot of hits. Even if he waits 2-3 years before going back to league he'll still walk back into the league. Chances are with what's he picked up training as a RB he'll be an even better league player than he is now.

RL is a sport that's treated with contempt for a reason. RL fans might get angry at that statement but even it's top players treat it with contempt.
Muscle-memory tho.
He won't ever truly adopt the innate techniques of running the ball in the NFL, will always still have that NRL style.
But if he went back to the NRL, say, 3 years later, he MIGHT have a muddled up muscle-memory technique in running the ball.
Still, the NFL technique of running with the ball is significantly better than the NRL one, so it should still serve him well in the NRL if his muscle-memory did change a bit.

I hear he was playing safety in practice.

He's clearly being used as a camp body by the 49ers. Good luck to him & that's probably the only way he gets onto an NFL roster. But seriously, he'd take that over playing at the elite level of the sport that made him?

Maybe he'll try the AFL next? :)

Muscle-memory tho.
He won't ever truly adopt the innate techniques of running the ball in the NFL, will always still have that NRL style.
But if he went back to the NRL, say, 3 years later, he MIGHT have a muddled up muscle-memory technique in running the ball.
Still, the NFL technique of running with the ball is significantly better than the NRL one, so it should still serve him well in the NRL if his muscle-memory did change a bit.
Most import thing he'll learn is how to run through tacklers.

Most league players have no idea.

royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
I hear he was playing safety in practice.

He's clearly being used as a camp body by the 49ers. Good luck to him & that's probably the only way he gets onto an NFL roster. But seriously, he'd take that over playing at the elite level of the sport that made him?

Maybe he'll try the AFL next? :)
As an international rookie for shits and giggles and we then get to piss the NRL meatheads off to boot as well:D

Win win win

royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
Muscle-memory tho.
Purpose of carrying the ball in the NRL and NFL is different.

In the NFL it is largely to gain yardage, in the NRL it is to gain yardage and lay off the ball when the time is right, leading to more play and more capacity to fumble.

There's a good chance he'd stink at both sports:D

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
haha, I can just imagine league meatheads foaming at their keyboards reading this when deep down they know it is true :thumbsu:

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The bolded part below assures him he can continue his NFL try-out for a year or two more and STILL be GUARANTEED a million dollar contract at Parramatta.

---------

Jarryd Hayne's decision on NRL future is made

Date: November 20, 2015

Jarryd Hayne will be staying put in the NFL and won't be making a return to the NRL, according to the superstar's Australian agent.

NRL clubs have contacted Hayne's manager Wayne Beavis in recent weeks stating their interest in his star client, but the agent says he has contacted Hayne and the 27-year-old is staying put.

"I spoke to him (Hayne) this afternoon (Thursday)," Beavis told Rugby League Week.

"The conversation about him coming home has never taken place.

"He told me he's definitely staying. That's it, end of story. There isn't a decision to make, that's what he's telling me.

"Every club is ringing me up saying if he comes home, we're interested. That's only natural. It doesn't mean he's coming back."

Hayne has been absent from the San Francisco 49ers' playing side for the past month, and is currently training with the franchise's practice squad after the other 31 NFL clubs opted not to sign him when he became a free agent earlier in November.

Reports emerged this week that Sydney Roosters supremo Nick Politis and Penrith general manager Phil Gould were engaged in a bidding war for Hayne's services.

Hayne is also reported to have signed a lifetime deal with Parramatta, guaranteeing his return to the club if he does head back to the NRL.

----------------------

By the way, from the article linked above, I found this far more interesting than the entire Jarryd Hayne story.....

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...ormer_rugby_star_jarryd_hayne/s1_127_19809886

But unfortunately, the warts in Hayne’s game became apparent once the regular season came around when he was no longer able to rely purely on pure athleticism and rugby experience. He carried the ball only eight times in six games, fumbled three times, muffed punts, and generally had a hard time adjusting to NFL-level instincts, speed, and gameplay. Hayne often found himself on the inactive list for the Niners as a result.

A cult hero in his native Australia, Hayne could foreseeably land a gig with another team in the near future. But as for the dream of emerging as San Francisco’s biggest impact playmaker, trucking dudes left and right every single play? Well, it’s probably time to wake up.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I'm going hot say this Fred doesn't make the AF board look good to outsiders who potentially might take a further interest in the nfl. You guys just gotta tone it down a bit.
Conversely it's what actually brought me here and gave us an interest in starting to have a proper look at the sport for the first time :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm talking about the way Hayne gets smashed on here over and over again. Not Hayne participating.
Is Hayne not allowed to have critics? Rabid critics? How much do players like Brady, Manning, Cutler, etc etc get hammered day in day out. But that's ok but not Hayne....who is actually not even a good player that one could defend his poor play at least.

I'm talking about the way Hayne gets smashed on here over and over again. Not Hayne participating.

Didn't see you stick up for Tebow or Manziel ....RGIII. ....TRich. ...heaps have copped it on here. Maybe u should stick to car racing if it upsets you so much.

I'm going hot say this Fred doesn't make the AF board look good to outsiders who potentially might take a further interest in the nfl. You guys just gotta tone it down a bit.

What Kram said is far more accurate, this thread is the substantive and informative discussion that balances against the irresponsibly goo chugging media. It only becomes hostile when an idiot like Tigernova comes in and starts dribbling all over the place.

People are far more likely to be intrigued by why Hayne isn't actually setting the world on fire than 'NRL star dominates other sport that on the surface seems kind of similar'.

Cutler playin good, leave him alone!

Just wait until the next time he looks sulky or disinterested in a game. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back