Jayden Pitt - Pick 20

Remove this Banner Ad

He needs to hit the gym in the off-season though. Looks smaller than Fyfe/Hill when they started.

He is intact a good 4 cm taller than both, but is 10 kgs less (as of the start or the year). He has put on weight as far as I can tell, would be close to 75 kgs now I would say. Put on another 5 kgs in the off season and he'll be primed to make an impact next year.

He is intact a good 4 cm taller than both, but is 10 kgs less (as of the start or the year). He has put on weight as far as I can tell, would be close to 75 kgs now I would say. Put on another 5 kgs in the off season and he'll be primed to make an impact next year.

I meant he looks smaller weight wise not height wise.

Another 5kg this year and 5kg next year and he should be able to handle the physical pressure a lot better. From what I saw of him during the year he gets pushed off the ball a lot and that is prob just him not having the strength to fight back.

I meant he looks smaller weight wise not height wise.

Another 5kg this year and 5kg next year and he should be able to handle the physical pressure a lot better. From what I saw of him during the year he gets pushed off the ball a lot and that is prob just him not having the strength to fight back.

I think part of it is strength and weight (simple physics).

I think part of it is mental as well... he's probably still a bit intimidated (understandably!). He'll develop more confidence in himself as his frame builds as well.

Jayden Pitt on twitter now. SOS said "If he's got time to tweet, he's got time to eat." Lol

there was a 3 ways twitter conversation (pitt, barlow, and silvani) talking about 150kg weights. I am assuming it wasnt Pitt. Given this i googled:

-----
Article on the real footy website says that Gehrig has the AFL record of bench pressing 172.5kg

ADELAIDE - Mark Ricciuto 160kg

BRISBANE - Alastair Lynch Chris Scott 155kg

CARLTON - Anthony Koutoufides 142.5kg

COLLINGWOOD - Nathan Buckley James Clement 160kg

ESSENDON - Damien Peverill 130kg

FREMANTLE - Does not use bench press. Troy Simmonds has lifted 135kg in "power clean" (Olympic weightlifting clean and jerk, minus the jerk)

GEELONG - Stephen King 145kg

HAWTHORN - Richie Vandenberg 155kg

KANGAROOS - Saverio Rocca 140kg

MELBOURNE - Unavailable

PORT ADELAIDE - Bench press used only to monitor progress of developing players. Uses a combination of tests, including medicine ball throwing and trolley pushing, to ascertain strength, with Chad Cornes and Warren Tredrea the strongest.

RICHMOND - Ty Zantuck Luke Weller 155kg

ST KILDA - Fraser Gehrig 172.5kg

SYDNEY - Barry Hall Craig Bolton 140kg

WESTERN BULLDOGS - Daniel Bandy (figure unavailable)

WEST COAST - Has not used bench press as a strength test for several seasons. When testing ceased, the club record was held by Fraser Gehrig at 170kg.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't you use the bench? That's laughable.

You use the action to push over defenders when you're starting a lead.

For the record, Kingsley Hunter was an exceptional power lifter I'm told. I'm led to believe he got close to 200kg after football.

Why wouldn't you use the bench? That's laughable.

You use the action to push over defenders when you're starting a lead.

For the record, Kingsley Hunter was an exceptional power lifter I'm told. I'm led to believe he got close to 200kg after football.

Shame he couldn't kick straight.

If anyone has any doubts about Pitt's potential, have a look at his 1st quarter against Adelaide at AAMI. I watched it again the other night.

If anyone has any doubts about Pitt's potential, have a look at his 1st quarter against Adelaide at AAMI. I watched it again the other night.

I remember he had like 10 touches in the first quarter and did some really classy things. Too bad he fell out of the game though.

Seen Jayden in the supermarket in Geelong yesterday and then as i was driving home seen him out on his old local oval doing some work.
Still looks thin but has filled out a little bit, good to see him back on the horse straight away after xmas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back