Rumour GFC 2016 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

catman54

Senior List
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Herald sun says he ( JOM @ GCS) may want to come to Melbourne next year. Would we have any interest? Would we have the salary Cap room?

Herald sun says he may want to come to Melbourne next year. Would we have any interest? Would we have the salary Cap room?
I'd be waiting to see how the knee recovers before forming any opinion one way or another.

There was a rumour mid way through 2015 that Hawthorn were into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be down our list of priorities.

He's good but midfield depth isn't an issue at the moment in the medium term. We would be much more interested in his brother as Defensive depth is going to become an issue as taylor, mackie, longergan come to an end. Sure we already got Henderson but he's only one piece of the medium term puzzle.

He might accept a low salary to join a premiership club ;)
Former Melbourne forward David Schwarz believes young Gold Coast midfielder Jaeger O'Meara wants to move to Victoria, and any potential success the Suns might have won't play a role in his decision to stay or leave.
http://www.sen.com.au/news/02-16/omeara-wants-to-be-in-victoria-schwarz#tztAdP4MzJYYTJSM.97

I don't think he cares for success (I don't believe the Suns will have any success but O'Meara may believe otherwise)

With the abundance of trading, FA and player movement options around these days, this thread should be the destination for all such gossip, reports and non GFC related player discussion…

GO Catters

So long as his injuries are bad enough I'm sure the club will offer kolo and a first rounder.
Can't offer a first rounder. Don't have our 2016 one and can't trade away future R1's in successive years.

Reckon Hawks will snare J'OM and a few banned Essendon players. Probably one of Hurley, Hibberd & Hooker for starters
Nah Hawks are done. Older players will go there but young guys won't. Hawks will be in full scale rebuild in 3 years. Hence, why Carlisle didn't nominate them. This year I assume they will be good again but their long term prospects won't be good. They have possibly the worst collection of young players in the league.

The Hawks ability to recruit players is greatly overstated.

I wonder if this was the mystery mid. The only problem will be how much the GC want. I assume his knee is probably a big issue so the value of contract offers could be extremely different. One club will be scared off and not enough anything substantial while another club will throw the bank at him.

Nah Hawks are done. Older players will go there but young guys won't. Hawks will be in full scale rebuild in 3 years. Hence, why Carlisle didn't nominate them. This year I assume they will be good again but their long term prospects won't be good. They have possibly the worst collection of young players in the league.

The Hawks ability to recruit players is greatly overstated.

I wonder if this was the mystery mid. The only problem will be how much the GC want. I assume his knee is probably a big issue so the value of contract offers could be extremely different. One club will be scared off and not enough anything substantial while another club will throw the bank at him.

This year will tell. Their Golden Girls (Roughy, Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis) wont be getting any better ( they are still plenty good don't get me wrong) but the hill goes down from here not up.
Their next breed will get their chances this year. How they fare will be very interesting.

Go Catters

This year will tell. Their Golden Girls (Roughy, Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis) wont be getting any better ( they are still plenty good don't get me wrong) but the hill goes down from here not up.
Their next breed will get their chances this year. How they fare will be very interesting.

Go Catters
I think that they recruiting has been based on guys that can fit their system well. The problem is that they have no cover for the Golden Girls as you call them. I am a genuine believer that guys like Smith, Hill and alot of their other 10-20 players benefit greatly by playing with their top line players. Even Gunston and Breust, lets see how good they are when the equivalent of David Clarke Jnr is delivering the ball to them. Its easy to look great when your surrounded by great players like the Golden Girls. Time will tell I suppose.

Can't see that we would be in any position to bid for him after this last pre-season. Wouldn't have either the cash nor picks to get him.
Lonergan is on 1.25 a year. Had to keep him away from the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back