Traded Jed Anderson [traded w/ picks 38 and 40 to NM for picks 15 and 54]

Remove this Banner Ad

going on current form it will take 2016,17 and 18 for him to play 10 games

So you reckon Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and Lewis will all be running around in 2018 and playing elite level football?

We can only hope !!

He was expected to play that many this year though. A fresh start somewhere will do him a world of good but I think anybody expecting a top 15 pick will be disappointed.

True enough. He played 4 in a row before getting injured. I wonder what Patton would go for after his injuries...

So you reckon Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and Lewis will all be running around in 2018 and playing elite level football?

I would imagine you would try do draft some players with some talent over the next few years and then play them, still leaving your VFL quality players in the VFL

He's just about the only one out of Langford, Hartung, Howe and O'Rourke that can play as a small forward.

He would get a minimum of 15+ games next year, and I'd back him in to displace Puopolo by round 10.
He's a fantastic tackler, great mark, kicks flukey goals out of his arse, can get 30+ disposals and is 6 years Puopolos junior.

I'd be gutted if he left, without a doubt our best young talent.
I think you have just called it! Poppy will be the one to go out for Jed. It makes perfect sense... Exactly the same role! Nice

I think that at the end of the day Jed got a 1 year deal to manage the cap. He's been unlucky not to have the opportunity to cement himself in the best 22 for whatever reason & a strong preseason I believe will get that done before the byes. I also believe that by mid season he will extend his contract a further 2-3 years on a front ended contract to lock him away with the, better judgement, knowledge of who is going to retire to get that cap space. Hawthorn can ask for overs for the kid because they can! He's worth it to them. Jed might have other reasons other than more On field opportunity... He will get his chance when he isn't injured ( unlucky ) or suffering from pneumonia ( unlucky ) with the recuperation involved ( long way back ). I'm looking forward to watching this kid go BANG at afl level & every person that's selling this kid short for "banters" sake understand why he is rated so high.

Last edited:
You Hawks fans like the taste of your own urine don't you?

He's behind Hartung and Langford for a game. He's miles outside your best 22. Late 2nd or early 3rd rounder at best.

I'd say Dan Howe, Jonathan O'Rourke and even James Sicily are all ahead of him in the pecking order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Hawks fans like the taste of your own urine don't you?

He's behind Hartung and Langford for a game. He's miles outside your best 22. Late 2nd or early 3rd rounder at best.

You pulled that card with Kennedy. You ain't doing it again moite.

Further, unlike Aish, Jed still has a year on his contract. That gives us bargaining power. You don't meet our asking price, well, we'll just hold onto him. Your loss ;)

You pulled that card with Kennedy. You ain't doing it again moite.

Further, unlike Aish, Jed still has a year on his contract. That gives us bargaining power. You don't meet our asking price, well, we'll just hold onto him. Your loss ;)
We don't care
He's a spud that can't hit a target

Fans like to delude themselves that this is actually the case.
In the real world how often has a player requested a trade and been forced to stay? Happens very rarely.

Kid wants to go and a suitable trade will be found. I'm hoping he ends up with the eagles (who have always been fair traders anyway).

Would be sad to see him go. Realistically he'd probably fetch a mid-second round pick or equivalent with upgrades and the like. Seems like there are quite a few clubs interested and he mainly wants game time so they could bid the price up.

Anderson may well have talent but 10 games in 3 years has not done a lot to inflate his value, which in any case is hard to peg because he was a straight up trade for Stephen Gilham who was a plodder by the time the Hawks turfed him.

So no high draft order to peg him with, 10 games in 3 years and a history of injury. The Hawks are bloody lucky he's contracted because otherwise they wouldn't get anything for him at all. As it is, and given this isn't a deep draft, a late 2nd rounder is the best case scenario for them.

I beg the differ...
youre so misguided
When we beat you in 2012 we never wrote rubbish like this
Pick 30-40 he's done nothing

He may be misguided but your poor attempt at trolling in this thread is a clear sign that you're pained.

It'll sting a whole lot less if you keep those salty tears away from those deep cuts.

Would be sad to see him go. Realistically he'd probably fetch a mid-second round pick or equivalent with upgrades and the like. Seems like there are quite a few clubs interested and he mainly wants game time so they could bid the price up.
Yeah nah
Il offer you a Zinger Burger combo and I'll upgrade it to large, do you like wicked wings? I might chuck a few of them in

He may be misguided but your poor attempt at trolling in this thread is a clear sign that you're pained.

It'll sting a whole lot less if you keep those salty tears away from those deep cuts.
I'm pained watching him trying to hit a target

Remove this Banner Ad

Back