Scandal Jeff Garlett belted in nightclub incident

Remove this Banner Ad

dont like this, and its not just because its a CFC sanction (Ive said the same about people wanting to restrict the lives of RFC players, so I'd be a hypocrite to congratulate)

players are entitled to a life, and as long as they were not the ones creating the trouble, WGAF?

We can do without the comments on team boards and moderation, thanks.

If you have an issue of such nature to be discussed, take it up privately with the moderators concerned, or a Super or Admin.

See the above club statement whereby he sought and obtained full club support for going out and celebrating his birthday.

Im still perplexed at some of these 'recovery sessions' too by the way. It seems to me as if the players just get tortured by having to swim in the bay in like 5 degree morning chill.

Screw that.
I see they are fully supporting him right out of seniors contention.

What?
The club allowed him out and the fight was unavoidable, but we are going to suspend him anyway?
They didn't give him permission to be gallivanting around @ 5am. He's not punished because he got assaulted. He's punished because he took advantage of the club allowing him to go out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garlett and Mitch getting snotted. Which one of them was chirping the loudest?

Maybe Carlton will look at their policies now - I know it's 'unfortunate'* that footy is this way now, but I wonder how many players (especially those going through quite serious issues) in top teams are told they can go out. Yes, some top players go out anyway. Yes, some party all night. But they are in the ones (Garlett), not injured (Robinson) and probably not going through some serious off-field stuff (Garlett).

25th birthday...not sure you need to be out quite literally all night at that age. Don't these people do enough partying for the 5 years following their 18th?

*When googling Ben Johnson assault for the link in my above post, I did find an interview with him where he said that he doesn't like how professional the game has become, but then later on says players should be getting paid like American sports stars. Lol. So while I say 'unfortunate', I mean in that everyone is afraid to hurt the brand, not that players aren't allowed to get pissed and punched.

jimmy35 please continue to be the thread police and tell FuManchu that this is off topic..unless of course we want to bring up http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/magpies-behaving-badly/story-e6frf9if-1111112320376 + Didak + Williams.
Bit precious. Given the protestations earlier in the thread about how garletts night out was sanctioned. How you've got another on charges for assault, you've had Scotland just retire with a track record of assaults and the Carlton faithful carried on about Marley Williams like he was a mass murderer.

Precious much ?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back