Scandal Jeff Garlett belted in nightclub incident

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all good. No one cares.
Clubs don't care.
AFL doesn't care.
Everything can be cleaned and bleached and shoved under the carpet.

People do care, but I suspect they think he acted in self defence (which is my position).
And don't forget, the incident contributed to both him and Robinson being booted from the blues, a sign that his club cares.
In this case I don't think there is much that actually could be "cleaned and bleached and shoved under the carpet", after all the case is going to court.

While historically there have been a multitude of incidents which appear to have been quashed in one form or another, I don't think this one fits the bill.

Trio plead guilty to AFL player brawl
Acting Sergeant Jacqueline Steiger said the early-morning brawl began after an argument over a taxi.

Traffic bollards were used as weapons, with Garlett's then-Carlton teammate Mitch Robinson suffering a fractured eye socket and nerve damage when he was punched and kicked.

A fourth co-accused, Samuel Gai, will go before the court on January 30, while Garlett is to appear in March.
Trio plead guilty to AFL player brawl

So the court has ruled that Garlett and Robinson were the victims with no charges laid against them. Yet because they didn't report the incident to Blues management they were booted from the club. Interesting.
Their careers might actually prosper not being at Carlton anymore anyway.

So the court has ruled that Garlett and Robinson were the victims with no charges laid against them. Yet because they didn't report the incident to Blues management they were booted from the club. Interesting.

I assume they were still breaking curfew and that was why they didn't report it?

Garlett was charged.

These guys were on about their 100th warning. A bit like waite except off field.

They also lied to management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back