Player Watch #36 Jeff Garlett - 2017 AA Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

That's right. He's known as an ex-Carlton player until he's played a full season with us...
Not if you read printed media. If any are involved in scandals, reports or general mistermeaners, former players at other clubs are referred to as former Melbourne players, while any players we've picked up from other clubs are referred to as Melbourne recruits.

I simply can’t understand why so many sports athletes have to do drunk driving. If they are so rich that they can absorb a DUI charge then why they can’t simply hire a driver to bring them home. My sister joined a Los Angeles DUI attorney and I know how devastating a DUI can be.

I simply can’t understand why so many sports athletes have to do drunk driving. If they are so rich that they can absorb a DUI charge then why they can’t simply hire a driver to bring them home. My sister joined a Los Angeles DUI attorney and I know how devastating a DUI can be.

Money, ego, and youth.

Also being drunk tends to lead to less than brilliant decisions on occasion

This is sarcasm but I've never regretted a decision to get a kebab at 4am on the way home.

In other words, souvlaki = tasty, kebab = armpit.

Also, souvlakis don't have pork, they use lamb traditionally.
In Greece where Souvlaki's originated Pork is what is most common traditionally. Here in Aus we all have lamb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne AFL forward Jeff Garlett has avoided a conviction for his role in a street brawl in which he and then teammate Mitch Robinson suffered head injuries.

Garlett on Monday in Melbourne Magistrates Court pleaded guilty to one count of behaving in a riotous manner over the brawl between two groups of men in Melbourne's central business district in the early hours of August 3 last year.

But magistrate Franz Holzer decided against imposing a conviction, and ruled Garlett would be a suitable candidate for the court's diversion program, where first-time offenders avoid having a criminal record provided they are of good behaviour and accept responsibility for their offending.

Good that this is now behind him.

I'm very pleased with what his lawyer said on his behalf, that he is a different person and working hard to be a role model for aboriginal youth.

Now wether you think it is BS or not it's good to have moved on and lets all get behind jeffy

'behaving in a riotous manner' - the usual early season behaviour of a Melbourne supporter towards losses.

'behaving in a apathetic manner' - the usual mid to late season behaviour of a Melbourne supporter towards losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back