List Mgmt. Jeff Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

True, Armstrong has been not bad in the forward line.

Also, I feel like I am alone in this regard, but many times I have seen Caolan Mooney look quick and dangerous at ground level in the forward line, his finishing sometimes lacks polish but his speed and crumbing skills have amazed me. He is contracted for next year so if we can keep him as an international rookie I would love to see him take the next step and be the crumbing forward we need - sit at Cloke's feet, Mooney, like White did in the NAB Cup Geelong game!

I have never seen him use his pace to any advantage. Plenty of times I have seen him attempt to break lines only to end up tackled and holding the ball. The greatest myth in our side is that Mooney is lightening quick.

I have never seen him use his pace to any advantage. Plenty of times I have seen him attempt to break lines only to end up tackled and holding the ball. The greatest myth in our side is that Mooney is lightening quick.
I beg to differ, he is lightning quick.
He doesn't know how to use his pace and he doesn't know the fundamentals of the game.
I saw him grab the ball on Saturday and he could've streamed into an open goal, but stuffed up bouncing the ball.
Another time he could've laid a tackle in front of goal and it probably would've been holding the ball - he missed the tackle.
These are basics we grow up with and he hasn't perfected them.
If he's only costing $$ and not a spot, he'll probably get to finish the contract and then they'll make a call.

What would we prefer in our forward line - Jarryd Blair, who works hard, tackles, but doesn't kick goals, or Jeff Garlett, who doesn't work hard, doesn't tackle, but sometimes kicks goals?
I'd prefer someone that kick goals in our case. if he kicks goals then he doesn't need to tackle because by definition it means the ball is in his hands and the ball will go back to the centre.

I recon he will go to the WCE.
He grew up with Nic Nat and would be very dangerous around the feet of Kennedy and Co.

My Centre/Forward line for next year would hopefully be:

C: Sidebottom Adams Swan
HF: Fasolo Cloke Broomhead
FF: Elliott Reid Kennedy.

Sinclair isnt a defender, a forward pocket that couldn't kick. Not up to making us a top four team. Needs to go.

Eventually yes but if you accept that as your criteria we would only have about six players left on our list. That is not practical from a list management position.

Yes we need to weed out the marginal players but that cannot happen all at one time. The draft and trade processes do not allow for this. I am not saying he is going to be best 22 in a premiership year but I think he is useful over the next few years while our recent early picks build experience. I would rather see Blair and Maccafer go before Sinclair. At least Sinclair has some pace about him.

I recon he will go to the WCE.
He grew up with Nic Nat and would be very dangerous around the feet of Kennedy and Co.

My Centre/Forward line for next year would hopefully be:

C: Sidebottom Adams Swan
HF: Fasolo Cloke Broomhead
FF: Elliott Reid Kennedy.
I would not have Fasolo in their. for mine he had two chances in the last couple of games to show what his got in the fwd line and for an " Elite " kick turned the ball over way to many times.

I would not have Fasolo in their. for mine he had two chances in the last couple of games to show what his got in the fwd line and for an " Elite " kick turned the ball over way to many times.

Each to their own.
Coming off and injury interrupted year and a half,
I still see him as a vital cog to our ball movement going forward.

Each to their own.
Coming off and injury interrupted year and a half,
I still see him as a vital cog to our ball movement going forward.
I can understand that he can't make it to every contest etc re: injury interruption. but twice against hawthorn he kicked into the man on the mark. even you and I wouldn't make that mistake.. albeit my kick will probably go out on the full lol.

Bump.

End of the year and Jeffy kicked 38 goals, higher than both Cloke and Elliott.

Also for TradeDraft his kick to Hogan when running into an open goal was so selfish wasn't it?
Selective stats Mike.
Cloke averaged 2 goals a game.
Elliott & Jeffy both averaged 1.8 goals a game.
That said, I would love to have in our team with Elliott & Cloke.

Selective stats Mike.
Cloke averaged 2 goals a game.
Elliott & Jeffy both averaged 1.8 goals a game.
That said, I would love to have in our team with Elliott & Cloke.
Not to mention he laid 5 tackles a game also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thank you but no thank you

Dont care how many goals he kicked, hes a squibb and wouldnt improve our side in any way.

Yeah, its not like we need another scoring option or a genuine crumber...

Bennell will probably be dirt cheap now also and a much much better player than Garlett.
Too bad we are not interested in him because of the no d1ckhe@d policy.
Has the X Factor we are begging for.

I rate Garlett and was shocked that he was traded for basically free, but don't think that he would excel in our forward line. I view him as a flahy outsider who relishes a bit of space so that he can utilise his pace and agility to ubrn his guy off. With our congested forward half, we need a crumber with clean hands who can win the ball in congestion and snap a goal off half a step - think Andy Krakouer or Walters.

Still amazed that Malthouse got rid of Garlett and Betts to fit a crock like Daisy. ..
No wonder they are the laughing stock they are