Toast Jeremy 'Balls of Steel' McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

this guy comes to play...and boy can he PLAY!
the King has been disappointing of late (the king is dead, long live the king?) but we need to cut him some slack, he's being double/triple ganged..lets see how the Gov handles that when the time comes, and it will!!...but then the King will slip out, or Lecca or JK.

As was shown when we had lynch.... You can't hold all three - one gets off the leash

Can't wait for Karpany and Newman to develop and break into the team as they will have a field day sweeping up the crumbs of McGovern, Kennedy, Darling, Lycett and NicNat!

I always preffered "Shooter" McGovern.
click

Still not sure about his height though, but doing well with the disability!:p

Looks like he's still carrying some puppy fat, but he's got very good presence and composure.

one of those players who just looks better at afl level and at worst is he plays utility and takes the third man up on either darling or kennedy out of the way. Love his composure and how he just flies at the ball. Most impressive thing from this game for me even though he kicked 3.3 is that he took 10 marks from 14 possessions. Is a genuine top line mark of the ball. Even if he is the somewhere in between the size of frodo and Yao Ming.

Looks like an old fashioned natural forward.

Funny watching people on fanfooty and on here give him nicknames.

His nickname has been Turbo at the club since he got there, it's definitely not new.
Errr, his nickname here was Shooter ever since he was drafted. Clubs need to respect these things... sheesh.
:p

I mean who would you rather be, this guy:
WGSW4ED.jpg

Or THIS GUY:
l_f4197dcc681bea3d5eda3055f66b2101.jpg

Go Shooter!

We've backed him saying we'll keep him on the list next year.

He obviously very talented and highly rated by the club for them to do that.

He would have played this year if he didn't go to jail.

Errr, his nickname here was Shooter ever since he was drafted. Clubs need to respect these things... sheesh.
:p

I mean who would you rather be, this guy:
WGSW4ED.jpg

Or THIS GUY:
l_f4197dcc681bea3d5eda3055f66b2101.jpg

Go Shooter!

The thing about Shooter, is that he eats pieces of s**t for breakfast.

Sorry for the intrusion guys... I heard McGovern missed training today. Anyone know if he's alright? Want to bring him into my dreamteam as he looks like an absolute gun. Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've backed him saying we'll keep him on the list next year.

He obviously very talented and highly rated by the club for them to do that.

He would have played this year if he didn't go to jail.

Eh? Wrong thread?

And assuming you mean Murray, source?

edit - im an idiot, didnt read post above that

Last edited:
Sorry for the intrusion guys... I heard McGovern missed training today. Anyone know if he's alright? Want to bring him into my dreamteam as he looks like an absolute gun. Thanks

During the GC game he was getting work on what looked like a hip flexor muscle. I don't know if that's the reason he (apparently) didn't train today. Have to wait and see on this one.

Prem87, at the risk of de-railing the thread slightly, when did we say we'd keep Newman on the list next year?

I was also thinking about this. when would his rough release date be and is he still with us etc?

Quick derailment - best I've seen is this: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/23257463/newman-thrown-west-coast-lifeline/

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett says the club intends to give jailed forward Murray Newman a second chance by retaining him on its rookie list next year.

Nisbett had previously guaranteed Newman would remain as a rookie-listed player with the club this year, but has now given a strong indication that lifeline will be extended into 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back