Jesse 'Hulk' Hogan, Melbourne's biggest superstar since Barassi ?

Remove this Banner Ad

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
I respect the feats and aura of the Robbie Flower, Jimmy Stynes and other MFC champions of the past few decades, but lets be honest there hasn't been a legendary figure the Melbourne Football could hold their hats on as a bums on seat superstar till now, Jesse 'The Hulk' Hogan ..

I know Brisbane fans feel robbed of Hogan, but lets be honest, you guys enjoyed three flags in a row not so long ago, and the Dees zilch, for a club berefit of anything remotely successful in the past 50 years, Hogan is a vital lynchpin to a once proud club that's lost its way.

I have no doubt Hogan will win a premiership or two with the Dees (he's a loyal lad) and I think its great he'll reignite a proud, stagnate club that's been stagnate for 50 years

shane_woewodin_2000_169e1el-169e1h7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Jones says hi, who stuck by the club in dark times and helped bring the club to where it is now.

Why do people always say this as though Jones was really "in demand" and repeatedly turning down lucrative offers to go to other clubs?

He probably is as he is a very good player.

He's had one year (2014) where he approached "star/elite" level, and he's gone backwards on that greatly this season. Outside of that, he's merely been a "good" player. Wouldn't get nearly the midfield time and opportunity at the coalface in a good side, and therefore wouldn't nearly have as much exposure or value.

He's had one year (2014) where he approached "star/elite" level, and he's gone backwards on that greatly this season. Outside of that, he's merely been a "good" player. Wouldn't get nearly the midfield time and opportunity at the coalface in a good side, and therefore wouldn't nearly have as much exposure or value.

I'm sorry what?

I'm sorry what?

Nathan Jones, 2014 - 27.7 disposals per game (73.4% disposal efficiency, 41.80% contested possessions), 6.2 clearances, 5.2 tackles per game, 108.1 Champion Data Player Ranking Points average

Nathan Jones, 2015 - 24.6 disposals per game (68.8% disposal efficiency, 42.31% contested possessions), 4.7 clearances, 4.5 tackles per game, 94.7 Champion Data Player Ranking Points average

Looks like a fair drop in overall output to me.

Nathan Jones, 2014 - 27.7 disposals per game (73.4% disposal efficiency, 41.80% contested possessions), 6.2 clearances, 5.2 tackles per game, 108.1 Champion Data Player Ranking Points average

Nathan Jones, 2015 - 24.6 disposals per game (68.8% disposal efficiency, 42.31% contested possessions), 4.7 clearances, 4.5 tackles per game, 94.7 Champion Data Player Ranking Points average

Looks like a fair drop in overall output to me.

That's not going backwards "greatly".

The step up in output from Viney, Vince, Tyson plus the additions of Brayshaw and vandenBerg has reduced the workload on Nathan Jones.

Stats don't tell the entire story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back