FTA-TV Jessica Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

This is pretty darn good. After 3 episodes I'm enjoying it a lot more than Daredevil.

Characters are more fleshed out and interesting, and the flashes of comedy are great. Also like that they aren't overly reliant on graphic violence in order to create compelling tension and dark storylines.

That Luke cage is a beast of a man lol

Really enjoying it as its a lot darker and mature than DD

Still like DD but feels like a very different show, which is what I'm appreciating Marvel is doing with the shows.

Luke cage show is meant to very very violent which will again be a very different show.

That Luke cage is a beast of a man lol

Really enjoying it as its a lot darker and mature than DD

Still like DD but feels like a very different show, which is what I'm appreciating Marvel is doing with the shows.

Luke cage show is meant to very very violent which will again be a very different show.

Since they are apparently canning the iron fist series i hope they go full heros for hire for the luke cage one.

Im 3 eps in and i think i like dd better just seemed more polished. Jj has super strength but she seems to be struggling to beat people when she gets attacked the way powerman handled it in the bar should be how she is just nonchalantly shrugging off people and continuing on her way

Since they are apparently canning the iron fist series i hope they go full heros for hire for the luke cage one.

Im 3 eps in and i think i like dd better just seemed more polished. Jj has super strength but she seems to be struggling to beat people when she gets attacked the way powerman handled it in the bar should be how she is just nonchalantly shrugging off people and continuing on her way
I'm guessing she's holding back tbh using one hand to throw a guy around ect

She wouldn't be going full strength and she's not invicible like Luke.

I'm guessing she's holding back tbh using one hand to throw a guy around ect

She wouldn't be going full strength and she's not invicible like Luke.

She has some improved endurance but surely thats even more reason to go all out and end it before they hurt you. Especially in the house its not like someone else is going to see you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without giving anything away, I just wanted to say so far half way through the season that it is so refreshing seeing a villain with such different motivations to what we normally get and a protagonist feeling so helpless and lost and completely without any sort of super genius support network to get her out of s**t.

It is also very refreshing getting adult, mature content rather then the sappy teenage drama bullshit that is the worst part of the CW superhero shows. This and DD are so far ahead of any other comic book material on the small screen that it is ridiculous.

I'd have Daredevil ahead of this on a points decision but both are very very good.

How exactly was it misogynistic
The female characters in DD were all boring as batshit, and mostly existed as plot devices to be abused, misused and put in danger to fuel the main characters' arcs.

Jessica Jones is pretty much the diametric opposite, and is a much better show for it. All the characters are nuanced and multidimensional.

The female characters in DD were all boring as batshit, and mostly existed as plot devices to be abused, misused and put in danger to fuel the main characters' arcs.

I agree in part but Karen wasn't too bad towards the end of the season.

Jessica Jones is pretty much the diametric opposite, and is a much better show for it. All the characters are nuanced and multidimensional.
Oh god more femanazi bullshit

When half the characters in your show are boring and one-dimensional, that's not a feminism problem. It's a storytelling problem.

Yeah, but EVERY character in Daredevil was pretty one dimensional, except for Kingpin and Daredevil himslef - the main hero and villian.

And Karen, considering she was a support character, was pretty well done too - much better than Froggy. She had drive, initiative and the courage to stand up to the crime lords, despite having no powers of her own.

If you wanted to argue that DD was fairly racist in its portarayal of the different gangs stereotypes, then I'd tend to agree with you.

As for Jessica Jones, I quite enjoyed it. I thought as a whole the characters were better than DD, or at least more developed. The action not quite as good, but still better than your average show. I liked that there were still a few plot threads left to continue into season two, or the Defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back