Rumour Jezza Cameron on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could someone pleas explain why he would head to the crows. Surely another club could offer a lot more money?

I posted this in the Crows sub-forum but I'm not sure why they are throwing huge money at Cameron when their two biggest players (Tex and Danger) become free agents next year. Perhaps they are trying to recruit JC so that they have an easier time holding onto Tex and Danger? Dangerfield has said in the past that he is more concerned with success than money so that would back the theory up.

You'd wonder if they'd both take a pay cut to get someone like Cameron at the club... both are pretty success driven so.

Could someone pleas explain why he would head to the crows. Surely another club could offer a lot more money?

We still can offer a fair bit quite easily, could be lifestyle, wants to be closer to home, security, he rates our list (whether that is foolishly or not is to be seen)... who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond, but he doesn't like to talk about it .

Well that settles it then. JC to Richmond for Hampson and a third rounder. Heard it here first.

Don't forget Giants have to trade or he'll walk when he's a free agent so the Giants will trade now for whatever they can get.

Good point

JC for just the 3rd rounder

We've got quite a bit in reserve.
Remembering we had 800 saved for tippett, signed eddie on 500 and the cap goes up by another 500 or so next year.
Plus we would have front loaded a lot of contracts to make the minimum after Tippett left.

I'd say we easily have 1m a year to offer Cameron and still have enough to sign Danger, Sloane and Tex.
If sydney can fit them in, I'm sure we can

We've got quite a bit in reserve.
Remembering we had 800 saved for tippett, signed eddie on 500 and the cap goes up by another 500 or so next year.
Plus we would have front loaded a lot of contracts to make the minimum after Tippett left.

I'd say we easily have 1m a year to offer Cameron and still have enough to sign Danger, Sloane and Tex.
If sydney can fit them in, I'm sure we can

can-of-worms.jpg

Dafuq is this. Cameron to the Crows? Laughable

Whats laughable is Goddard coming out and saying approaching essendon players is unethical...

Does he realise unethical behaviour is the exact reason this is all happening?

Anyway Cameron to crows is not as far fetched as you think, both parties have been in discussions since mid-season.

Not far-fetched at all. If you had told me a couple of years ago a team could win the flag and after that still afford to poach one of the top players in the league to be full-forward, then the following season poach one of the game's iconic players to sit alongside said full-forward, I would have laughed in disbelief.

It happened .... so now anything seems possible. I would like to see the Crows get a break like that. They have paid a high price in recent years losing players like TIppett, Bock, Phil Davis, etc.

And yes I know they got done for the Tippett dealings but can you really blame the common Crows fan for that?

Don't forget Giants have to trade or he'll walk when he's a free agent so the Giants will trade now for whatever they can get.

Of course you do realise it's another five years before he's a free agent. Thread is a little premature if that's the case. And if you are thinking he'll walk when his contract is up at the end of next year then the preseason draft is going to be stacked because supposedly that's where Tom Boyd and Dylan Sheil and half a dozen others from our list are walking to when their contract expires as well.:rolleyes:

Why are GWS fans so consistently bemused the possibility of player's leaving?

Sure, I think the hyperbole of GWS being unattractive is pretty false. Just because you play for a side with that name, you could probably live in the pretty cool inner West. You also get a game every weekend. All the players are around your age, meaning instead of half a dozen guys to potentially have as mates, you have 45 blokes and a higher chance of having close friends. You get that lifestyle of hedonism and youth and you can enjoy yourself in a non-footy city. It'd be a great lifestyle.

But players have and will leave. Of that many high draft picks, how many will play all their games for the Giants? Half? Maybe 75%? Cameron, Boyd, Patton won't all leave, but one probably will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back