Rumour Jezza Cameron on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crows will probably make a long term deal. Wouldnt be surprised if it was an 8 year 6-7mil deal. We have Truck, McKernan, Graham gone and probably Porps ontop of that, then next year Reilly, Thompson. With these outs we should be able to clear some nice salary cap space so long as we have been smart.

That's when other things start to come into play. Perhaps Jeremy wants to play finals next year. Which club is more likely to play finals in 2015? Probably the Crows (with Cameron) at this point in time. I'm not saying that will be the reason he leaves but players have to assess their situation when huge offers come their way.

I posted this in the Crows sub-forum but I'm not sure why they are throwing huge money at Cameron when their two biggest players (Tex and Danger) become free agents next year. Perhaps they are trying to recruit JC so that they have an easier time holding onto Tex and Danger? Dangerfield has said in the past that he is more concerned with success than money so that would back the theory up.

There are strong rumors going around that crows are heavily into JC. Idk if it is a rumor or speculation but it has been said that Danger, Tex, Sloane are waiting to after the trade period to do their contracts so we can make a big deal to an interstate player.

I was told about 6 weeks ago he was heading to the crows. Seems to be gaining momentum

Who from?

Why are GWS fans so consistently bemused the possibility of player's leaving?

Sure, I think the hyperbole of GWS being unattractive is pretty false. Just because you play for a side with that name, you could probably live in the pretty cool inner West. You also get a game every weekend. All the players are around your age, meaning instead of half a dozen guys to potentially have as mates, you have 45 blokes and a higher chance of having close friends. You get that lifestyle of hedonism and youth and you can enjoy yourself in a non-footy city. It'd be a great lifestyle.

But players have and will leave. Of that many high draft picks, how many will play all their games for the Giants? Half? Maybe 75%? Cameron, Boyd, Patton won't all leave, but one probably will.
Not bemused at all. We expect players to go. But i wonder if threads were created for freos best players leaving would you be bemused or annoyed.

Yeh, it was Alex. I saw you.
Did he re-enact his specky over me.

I had really sore shoulders the next day
Come on mate.
It was me that you were talking to.
And I said I was going to Sydney on a 10 year, 10 million dollar deal.
Get your facts straight
Sounds like we had a good night
Me, Cotch, Jezza & Jezza.
But i thought it was Buddy tell me about his deal

Of course you do realise it's another five years before he's a free agent. Thread is a little premature if that's the case. And if you are thinking he'll walk when his contract is up at the end of next year then the preseason draft is going to be stacked because supposedly that's where Tom Boyd and Dylan Sheil and half a dozen others from our list are walking to when their contract expires as well.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking you need to read between the lines.

Crows will probably make a long term deal. Wouldnt be surprised if it was an 8 year 6-7mil deal. We have Truck, McKernan, Graham gone and probably Porps ontop of that, then next year Reilly, Thompson. With these outs we should be able to clear some nice salary cap space so long as we have been smart.

There are strong rumors going around that crows are heavily into JC. Idk if it is a rumor or speculation but it has been said that Danger, Tex, Sloane are waiting to after the trade period to do their contracts so we can make a big deal to an interstate player.

Who from?

To be honest i couldnt even tell you what position the guy holds who told my mate other than hes is heavily connected somewhere along the line.

My mate was pretty adament and like i mentioned this was in late July.

Who from?

To be honest i couldnt even tell you what position the guy holds who told my mate other than hes is heavily connected somewhere along the line.

My mate was pretty adament and like i mentioned this was in late July.

Not far-fetched at all. If you had told me a couple of years ago a team could win the flag and after that still afford to poach one of the top players in the league to be full-forward, then the following season poach one of the game's iconic players to sit alongside said full-forward, I would have laughed in disbelief.

It happened .... so now anything seems possible. I would like to see the Crows get a break like that. They have paid a high price in recent years losing players like TIppett, Bock, Phil Davis, etc.

And yes I know they got done for the Tippett dealings but can you really blame the common Crows fan for that?

I am generally amazed that a Collingwood supporter could be so considerate of the Adelaide Crows, haha. I agree with everyone you stated here and hope we catch a break with a decent young gun in through trade, its been fine getting your Betts and Podsiadly (not complaining with either), but gaining JC would be a huge step in the right direction for Adelaide to become a genuine threat in the competition for the next few years. Still think we should prioritize better in the trade period, seriously need a senior defender to help Talia down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS you can breath a sigh of relief, crows have no coach so cameron won't be going there

If we are sacking Sando now we probably have someone lined up for the job and he will be in before the trade period. Should make no difference and I assume any talks with JC would have been going for 6months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back