News Jimmy Toumpas signs with Swan Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes , but those you mentioned had some or a lot of toughness about them , JVC wouldn't have picked them anyway . With Toumpas im not sure , watched him at u18/Sanfl level , talented , not what id call tough though , typical of one of Brendan Phillips's seagulling hbf or outside outside outside types .

Nothing wrong with seagulls. They won the VFL premiership by 9 goals.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Posted in the list management thread but the theoretical trade put forward was
Moore to bombers
Melksham to dees
Toumpas to port

Essentially its moore for toumpas. I would do that deal.

This is a no win no loss for all involved IMO!!!

ALL of the players are stagnating first rounders that need a fresh start for their own good!!!

Hopefully this can be done, but as we all know - as soon as the Bumbers are involved with ANY trade it will be dragged out to the last day!!!

Wargreymon90

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To half time, does not really like to use his body, but did get into three contests with one good tackle. Seemed to be minding a player, whoever number 11 for the Saints is. Sharks a goal (first of two for the game). Different player to Polec. Nowhere near the same pace (from what I can tell), nowhere near as explosive off the mark, but does get to contests... bit one paced I suppose. Anyway, the game is too boring to continue even if he gets nine disposals in the third.. FF to second goal. Reads the play in advance, makes space and gets ball receive to goal. Smart play.
If you are going to watch ONE game and make snap judgments on that. Why not watch his rd 11 game against st Kilda where he got 26 disposals, 2 goals and laid 3 tackles?

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
For pick 29 I can't see why we wouldn't do it

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
My only question on Toumpas is what does he bring to the table?

Polec brought line breaking run and elite disposal. Ryder brought hit outs to advantage and flexibility. White brought blistering pace and running goals.

What is Toumpas' weapon of choice?

Really not sure myself, but I'm going to trust Hinkley on this one. If Hinkley is getting him in it means he sees something in Toumpas that we don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Polec brought line breaking run and elite disposal. Ryder brought hit outs to advantage and flexibility. White brought blistering pace and running goals.

We haven't seen his weapons at AFL level. I don't know if that's because he doesn't have any or because he has yet to display them in the environment he's been in.

The point is that Moore also doesn't have any weapons and we've had six years to find out about them.

It's a no loss trade scenario as long as it involves Melksham for Toumpas for Moore.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets

Potential quality. List depth

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
We haven't seen his weapons at AFL level. I don't know if that's because he doesn't have any or because he has yet to display them in the environment he's been in.

The point is that Moore also doesn't have any weapons and we've had six years to find out about them.

It's a no loss trade scenario as long as it involves Melksham for Toumpas for Moore.
Bang on! As a Junior his work ethic and work rate were second to none, his leadership was rewarded and his personality presented a VERY well put together young man. He wasn't blistering quick but was a good outside runner, who kicked a long goal. I was a little young for honest Stewart Dew comparisons, maybe more so David Rodan? If he could become a 30 goal Wing/Half Forward player for us, it's a win compared to what we will ever get out of Moore. Back in his character? I would.

Revan11

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last years prelim there was one player who stood out in that last quarter in terms of his lack of desperation - Polec. I mentioned this at least twice to people I was with and they agreed. It was like he hadn't done the hard yards yet so it didn't mean enough.

So Id like to see Polec back on the field first and then a tougher, more desperate Polec
Didn't he slot a goal from 55m in the last quarter after desperately lunging to mark the ball?!?

Didn't he slot a goal from 55m in the last quarter after desperately lunging to mark the ball?!?

Yeah, nailed the clutchiest of long goals as part of our late comeback, had 6 tackles overall and of his 20 possessions half were contested.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BIG MATTY WHITE

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2013
sydney2newzealand
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Mamas home cooked meals....

He is a bard....his morale boosting traits are a god send

Remove this Banner Ad

Back