Rumour Jobe Watson's "injury"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to throw it out here. I am of the opinion that Watson isn't really injured, he is either:

a) Taking a voluntary suspension in case CAS finds the players guilty.

b) Protesting Hird's position as coach and is clearly sick of him.

c) Mentally fried, cannot take it any more.

Now, let me explain why I don't think he's actually injured. See this video here. Essendon is claiming this to be the cause. Doesn't seem much in such a bump at all, he doesn't even clutch his shoulder in pain, it doesn't seem to be dislocated or anything, he plays on like nothing's happened. What adds to the intrigue is the circumstances surrounding this - his form, his obvious mental anguish, the fact he has publicly stated he really isn't enjoying his football, etc.

I don't think a) is too far fetched if he has spilled his guts to Richard Young hoping for the players to get a lighter penalty, or he knows something about the case that we don't. People might think b) is an impossibility, but the players have pretty much stopped playing for Hird and we must remember that Essendon actually tried to sack him earlier but didn't go through with it for legal reasons. The powers that be would be supporting a protest/player revolt for sure because Hird seems to have them over a barrel and they'd need a legitimate excuse to sack him. And finally, c) is self explanatory and I think the most likely option.

What do you guys think?

:$

You've posted this embarrassing garbage in at least 3 different places already.

People were saying the same stupid things last year when Jobe was out injured - that he had taken a voluntary suspension, that he had played his last game, etc. Amazingly, Essendon players (like players from every other club) can get injured sometimes. Anyone who watched the Saints game would've known he was playing hurt, and has been playing hurt for most of the season carrying a groin injury that was suffered in the pre-season. The only reason he was out on the pitch was because it was game 200. And if you honestly think Jobe has taken a WADA deal and left his players behind then you are a moron.

Is Jobe not enjoying his footy? Probably. We probably have 25 guys not enjoying football at the moment. But he is clearly injured.

In response to your options:

1) Laughable
2) Ridiculous
3) Possible

This isn't a rumour or a scandal - it's just you making up wild conspiracies in order to tip some more s**t on Essendon.

This isn't really a rumour. It's a guess. It's speculation. By that logic it doesn't fit the criteria of this board.
rumour
ˈruːmə/
noun
noun: rumour; plural noun: rumours; noun: rumor; plural noun: rumors
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumours of a massacre"
synonyms: gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle

rumour
ˈruːmə/
noun
noun: rumour; plural noun: rumours; noun: rumor; plural noun: rumors
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumours of a massacre"
synonyms: gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle;More
Yes but it's not a story going around. There's no basis. You admit you've come up with it yourself. So it's a guess.

How do you think rumours are started in the first place?

You are naive to think that other people are not speculating about his sudden and convenient injury.
Yes. I'm one of them. But given we're just guessing it's hardly worthy of it's own thread.

C).

Don't blame him - if they'd handled this properly, it would've been over a long time ago, instead, he's had to try and carry them through this; and now there is no end in sight, and, after all the stress to do, they'll probably still get suspended.

They could've copped a suspension when it came out, served probably six months, and resumed their careers. Now, sadly, this could be the last time Jobe plays.

The poor bastard must be absolutely exhausted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The majority of EFC fans are beyond reasoning.

Would disagree.

In fact I would suggest the majority (who aren't always the most vocal) understand this whole sorry saga far better than others.

I'm going to throw it out here. I am of the opinion that Watson isn't really injured, he is either:

Now, let me explain why I don't think he's actually injured. See this video here. Essendon is claiming this to be the cause. Doesn't seem much in such a bump at all, he doesn't even clutch his shoulder in pain, it doesn't seem to be dislocated or anything, he plays on like nothing's happened. What adds to the intrigue is the circumstances surrounding this - his form, his obvious mental anguish, the fact he has publicly stated he really isn't enjoying his football, etc.

I don't think a) is too far fetched if he has spilled his guts to Richard Young hoping for the players to get a lighter penalty, or he knows something about the case that we don't. People might think b) is an impossibility, but the players have pretty much stopped playing for Hird and we must remember that Essendon actually tried to sack him earlier but didn't go through with it for legal reasons. The powers that be would be supporting a protest/player revolt for sure because Hird seems to have them over a barrel and they'd need a legitimate excuse to sack him. And finally, c) is self explanatory and I think the most likely option.

What do you guys think?

I think the players know they are screwed because they know or suspect (if I'm being generous) what they took is banned and that now the AFL have no power to simply wave a wet lettuce leaf at them then two year bans loom

This would be most depressing for a older players who might be forced into early retirement

BJ didn't sign up for this either

What do you guys think?
If (a) is the case shouldn't the other Essendon players be 'injured' too? Why should Watson be the only one?

Watson is shot mentally and physically. Fried.

He will now do what most ageing AFL footballers do post season and go in and get some cleanup surgery done.

But the reason he has quit the season is he is fried. It has been obvious to all for at least a month. They carried him to his 200 because that is a better number to maybe be stuck on than 198.

If (a) is the case shouldn't the other Essendon players be 'injured' too? Why should Watson be the only one?
Because then their guilt would be a little too obvious. Perhaps he is the only one out of them all who realises that volunteering might be a good thing? Or perhaps as captain, he is simply making a statement? I would not be surprised if other players start getting strange injuries as the weeks go by... whether that's tanking or a player revolt is open to speculation.

I was laying by a pool in Thailand today and I half expected Jobe to be lying on a recliner in the sun next to me!

Wouldn't blame him getting offshore that quickly ;):cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back