Joe Daniher vs Ben Brown

Who would you prefer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Brown i think he will end up quite a good forward. Definitely a better kick at goal than Daniher. In fact i can see many similarities in how they play. This is a good comparison in terms of height, build and playstyle.

However right now Joe is a fair way ahead. Joe Daniher is our #1 forward, Ben Brown is #3 at North right now, he's been playing on 3rd talls. Don't get me wrong when your #1 forward you get the ball kicked to you more often, but you also get a much worse opponent. All up though you'd prefer the guy that has proven he can handle the #1 mantle. The best defenders of most teams are a mile better than the 3rd tall - i think we can all agree on that.

In terms of attributes Joe is much stronger in marking ability, he jumps higher and is a much stronger mark than Brown. Brown is also a year older, has kicked less goals, his best games haven't been as good and in my opinion Daniher has a much bigger scope for improvement. Daniher's advantage in the marking contests is only going to get larger as he develops more physically and i am confident he will get more consistent in goal kicking as well.

I like Brown i think he will end up quite a good forward. Definitely a better kick at goal than Daniher. In fact i can see many similarities in how they play. This is a good comparison in terms of height, build and playstyle.

However right now Joe is a fair way ahead. Joe Daniher is our #1 forward, Ben Brown is #3 at North right now, he's been playing on 3rd talls. Don't get me wrong when your #1 forward you get the ball kicked to you more often, but you also get a much worse opponent. All up though you'd prefer the guy that has proven he can handle the #1 mantle. The best defenders of most teams are a mile better than the 3rd tall - i think we can all agree on that.

In terms of attributes Joe is much stronger in marking ability, he jumps higher and is a much stronger mark than Brown. Brown is also a year older, has kicked less goals, his best games haven't been as good and in my opinion Daniher has a much bigger scope for improvement. Daniher's advantage in the marking contests is only going to get larger as he develops more physically and i am confident he will get more consistent in goal kicking as well.
Wait until Daniher develops some strength. Once he has the ability to stand his ground, he will be unstoppable.

You'd expect so when he has played 18 less games than Daniher. Averages more per game.

You'd expect so when he has played 18 less games than Daniher. Averages more per game.
Think he's talking about this year :p Which Daniher averages 1.9 and Brown 1.8 not much difference however Daniher gets the Best defender where Brown gets the 3rd.

Daniher is way ahead at this stage.

I'd take Big Boner Brown.

Dont know about Daniher being "way ahead" clinging at straws some of you..... He is a great prospect though...

I think Daniher will end up the better player; he is more athletically gifted than Brown however, I disagree with suggestions that Joe is a better mark - I reckon Ben is one in the best at the competition at marking the ball at its highest height.

Last edited:
He'll only get the #1 mantle when Petrie isn't in the team. That's happened once in half a decade and it was the other week against your mob where he kicked 4. Should have been 5, he was being gangbanged in the goal square and no free kick???

I can see both being among the best in the league in a few years. Very tall and can clunk it at it's highest point. Very very hard to defend against.

This thread will be similar to the Ziebell, Marton, Shuey Hartlett thread. All performing and bumped when player your team has a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll only get the #1 mantle when Petrie isn't in the team. That's happened once in half a decade and it was the other week against your mob where he kicked 4. Should have been 5, he was being gangbanged in the goal square and no free kick???

I can see both being among the best in the league in a few years. Very tall and can clunk it at it's highest point. Very very hard to defend against.

This thread will be similar to the Ziebell, Marton, Shuey Hartlett thread. All performing and bumped when player your team has a good game.
Ariel Steinberg and James Gwilt were on him, not Hurley.

ok so it's Brown's fault you decided to play those 2 on him?

Didn't learn from the EF??

Personally think both have it in them to be elite.
No, just that he didn't get the #1 defender.

I would love to see them play together actually. I think they would be a good pairing in the forward line.

Brown has wowed me with his mobility. He looks like a plodder but he is quick and quite agile.

Daniher will always be the better marker because of his jump but Brown will be a great leadup forward throughout his career.

At the moment I think they are even.

I would love to see them play together actually. I think they would be a good pairing in the forward line.

Brown has wowed me with his mobility. He looks like a plodder but he is quick and quite agile.

Daniher will always be the better marker because of his jump but Brown will be a great leadup forward throughout his career.

8th in running vertical jump at his combine (82cm). Bloke has hops.

1437394840623.jpg

I think Daniher's the better mark because he is more explosive off the mark, hits it harder. Brown is gold above his head but isn't the contested mark Joe is.

8th in running vertical jump at his combine (82cm). Bloke has hops.

1437394840623.jpg

Brown has a high jump but does not get up quickly or with any ki8nd of explosion. The picture here shows him going up and over Jason Ashby. (below 185cm)

How quickly people jump and how they can control their body in the air is far more important than how high they get.

Back