Joe Russo wants on the board

Remove this Banner Ad

But will her board?

I don't want to discourage someone with new ideas. Only to realise that without Joe, there is a spill anyway. It would be good to have greater Board transparency. It seems we (Me I Mean) are only privy to bits and pieces of info. Can anyone else in the know shed further light on the Board situation ? It's a bit confusing TBH....:confused:

Speed should have been in from the start. :oops:

I was actually in favour of speed stepping up when he joined given his experience

I'll be off him however if it does turn out he's trying to stage a coup via stealth

As you know, incumbents are banned from commenting publicly outside their statement

Sure. I just don't think Joe engaging with members should be regarded so cynically as Caro does. She probably knows a lot more than me, but Joe has been out there and on here, spruiking but reminding all and sundry that he's not planning a takeover

But conspiracy hat on, Walsh was a Speed supporter. He's gone. If Russo supports Maurice (Speed has denied supporting Russo, Maurice has not) and Joe & Maurice win (and Dowd seems to be playing dead) then ceteris paribus Maurice has at least 5 votes, possibly 6 depending on who Rex backed last time... enough to topple Peggy

I don't want to discourage someone with new ideas. Only to realise that without Joe, there is a spill anyway. It would be good to have greater Board transparency. It seems we (Me I Mean) are only privy to bits and pieces of info. Can anyone else in the know shed further light on the Board situation ? It's a bit confusing TBH....:confused:

Fwiw I don't think any of us know, and that's the issue

Caro has played games for and against our board in the past, so you can't treat her words on this as gospel

That being said, I'd love speed to have come out and slammed this allegation as false, but he hasn't

Truth is, whatever is happening is behind closed doors, and even though they are all supposed to be representing us (and I mean the entire lot of them), we will be the last to know

One side alleged to be plotting a coup, one side leaking it to the press. Both sides are behaving poorly

Sure. I just don't think Joe engaging with members should be regarded so cynically as Caro does. She probably knows a lot more than me, but Joe has been out there and on here, spruiking but reminding all and sundry that he's not planning a takeover

But conspiracy hat on, Walsh was a Speed supporter. He's gone. If Russo supports Maurice (Speed has denied supporting Russo, Maurice has not) and Joe & Maurice win (and Dowd seems to be playing dead) then ceteris paribus Maurice has at least 5 votes, possibly 6 depending on who Rex backed last time... enough to topple Peggy

On the first, I don't. Rex came to big footy, Phil came to big footy. I pretty much expect all new candidates to reach out, and I'd have been disappointed if he didn't

On the second, could be, as I said before Caro has campaigned in the press with false info previously. Wouldn't stun me if true again

Fwiw I won't be voting until I know more about this crap. Don't want to support any candidate mounting a coup

We can delay voting to the AGM, yeah?
Maybe it will be fiery

Don't know the ASIC rules on that tbh

As I said before, if it could be done I'd love them to spill the board, and get the challenge out in the open

I think once the agm vote is underway it can't happen through

I find the jumping up and down in regards to not landing Treloar funny.
And I've read nothing in here to outline just how it could've been done.
Just vague discussion.
I also find the notion that the current board is complacent unbelievably offensive.
Careful,Cautious ?? perhaps so.
Certainly not complacent.
I'm all for influential supporters putting their hands up, but I'd much prefer less focus on what allegedly isn't being done and more clear examples of exactly what would change.
Saying how much you love the club as a way of selling yourself implies that these 'complacents" don't.

This should happen next year if we don't improve. I won't be voting for this cashed up bloke, it's not the right time IMO.
I find the jumping up and down in regards to not landing Treloar funny.
And I've read nothing in here to outline just how it could've been done.
Just vague discussion.
I also find the notion that the current board is complacent unbelievably offensive.
Careful,Cautious ?? perhaps so.
Certainly not complacent.
I'm all for influential supporters putting their hands up, but I'd much prefer less focus on what allegedly isn't being done and more clear examples of exactly what would change.
Saying how much you love the club as a way of selling yourself implies that these 'complacents" don't.
Good post.

Geez some of the posts on here are a bit rough on Joe Russo. I dont know him and I probably wont vote for him but he is still a very passionate Richmond supporter who has done a lot of good for the club.
Agree.Absolutely no need for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson has utterly blown this out of proportion in trying to get a headline story for herself. Caroline did not attempt to contact me in any way to obtain my objectives for running for the board and has made statements that are simply untrue. To clear things up once and for all, I have nominated myself for one board seat and that is all I am interested in. The opportunity to have my opinion heard and to ask the hard questions. Our football club needs someone independent like me that only has the football club’s performance at heart – no hidden agenda here. Joe
Hi Joe,
Appreciate your efforts here and your support of the tigers, but something here really got my attention.
You say that you only have the clubs performance at heart, and that's great.
But It sort of implies that its a major point of difference between yourself and current board members.
Are you saying that there are board members who don't have the clubs interests at heart, and those with hidden agendas?
Because that's how it comes across, and if so please tell us more because it's pretty important.

Caroline Wilson has utterly blown this out of proportion in trying to get a headline story for herself. Caroline did not attempt to contact me in any way to obtain my objectives for running for the board and has made statements that are simply untrue. To clear things up once and for all, I have nominated myself for one board seat and that is all I am interested in. The opportunity to have my opinion heard and to ask the hard questions. Our football club needs someone independent like me that only has the football club’s performance at heart – no hidden agenda here. Joe

This guy Joe should be in parliament during question time.

The stuff he posted above is just a regurgitation and summary of what he provided earlier in the day.

The question I want answered here is quit simple and requires only a one word answer.

Do you have any agreement with any existing or nominated board member to challenge the present President if you are elected as a Director.

I'm not the only one to have asked this question so it must be on other members minds as well.

To date it hasn't been answered.

Last edited:
One key question I think we would all appreciate and answer on

Have you made an agreement with Malcolm speed or those representing him to support his replacement of Peggy as our current prez

That's the key point that is causing the concern here, that speed is arranging a coup, and you are a key part of that

Dude your question suggests that the board is already unstable and only needs one more leg to topple over, perhaps change us needed to get a stable board

I'm sure Tabacco and Alcohol companies had similar thoughts about their respective industries and we can see where they are heading

Ethically I'm not sure how I feel that we rely so heavily on gambling as a revenue source - it could conceivably go the way of tobacco and if it does, then what?

And if you want to weigh up conflict of interest vs "harmless" pokies then I'm sure the toss could be argued
I would also say the alcohol companies are doing well, but agree with the tobacco industry. The gambling industry wont go anywhere as the government rely so much on the tax it brings. Unless there is a massive turn around by government, it is here to stay, rightly or wrongly.

Dude your question suggests that the board is already unstable and only needs one more leg to topple over, perhaps change us needed to get a stable board

do you actually read anything I write?

Ive said several times if every member is not prepared to stand behind the pres, they should stand down and recontest as a challenge ticket. If its more than 1, spill the entire board

not sure how much more clear I can be

I would also say the alcohol companies are doing well, but agree with the tobacco industry. The gambling industry wont go anywhere as the government rely so much on the tax it brings. Unless there is a massive turn around by government, it is here to stay, rightly or wrongly.

its their ownly growth revenue source, so they will never give it up

Ask the club for an operational profit or loss figure

They take out one off events like infrastructure spend and govt grants, so that you can look solely at operational costs and incomes

The club has done this in past years when the grants from the Feds we're throwing out numbers all over the place
Yeah im not sure I would get an answer, but as you point out, why didn't they do that this time? May as well try I guess. RFC_Official?

Yeah im not sure I would get an answer, but as you point out, why didn't they do that this time? May as well try I guess. RFC_Official?

My guess is because the distortion is less - remember we have been receiving a lot from grants and large AFL contributions. JDF is essentially internal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back