Joel Patfull Trade Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know how you feel Kezzstar. If we 'lose' Merrett during trade week I won't have a whipping boy at Brisbane and I might seriously consider barracking for Collingwood. At least that way I will have more players to complain about.

We should be asking for Clinton Young in the Beams trade, in that case. Nothing makes for a better whipping boy than an outside midfielder who kicks floating 50m punts directly to opponents every time he gets the ball.

Before trade period began, Patfull leaving of his own volition or ours (Lions) would've been a shocking proposition for almost all of us.

Just how quickly we've come to accept his potential departure, welcome it, and in some cases will it, is kinda shocking.

I wish him all the very best, and thank him for always being a classy player and individual. Our club has benefited from his arrival and from his leaving, positive all the way.

hard to get an informed opinion, but if it is as it seems and joel is wishing an early exit to NSW to not only set up his work interests after footy but put a full stop to his great career and we can arrange a trade to help him i am all for it,

not for an instant do i think the club is treating him badly , infact he may be throwing himself into the mix to assist one of these mega trades for his lions

great man i wish him all the best

Its positive all round and I admire the club and Patfull and the way they have gone about it - BUT wouldn't it be good if he was there one more year while the young guys developed
I have to agree. The dogs, pies and dons all said they'd make Griffin/ryder/beams stay. Patfull is of equal importance to those three at our club, yet we've been more than accommodating in helping the individual despite him being contracted. Patfull is a huge loss but at least we don't have our head up our ass

I would have loved for Joel to have reached the big 200 game milestone with the club. Alas it is not meant to be. I have no ill feelings towards him as he is a top bloke and has given his all for the club during a tough 10 year period. He is a fantastic player who should be a dual AA and I wish him well in all of his future endeavours (Except on the field against the Lions:D).

This trade reminds me of Hawthorn trading Thompson or Hay. Short term pain for long term gain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have loved to give Joel a big farewell game in the maroon, blue and gold when he retired. He deserves nothing less for all his devotion to the club. Someone get in Gill Mclachlan's ear and tell him to make Lions vs Giants play at the Gabba for round 23 2016/17!!!!

Albeit not knowing his reasons for wanting to go live in Shytney, I'm disappointed, he's a key defender, something we're lacking.

Doggies supporters are livid with Griffen & Cooney wanting to move on...both possibly to GWS as well

Doggies supporters are livid with Griffen & Cooney wanting to move on...both possibly to GWS as well
It's what happens when you have a coach that players can't relate to. Bit of a Scott Watters revisit there at the kennel.

Nice straightforward deal, bit of value for you guys getting 21 I'd say. Patfull steps straight into a KPD role for us as Mohr will miss most of 2015 after tearing his ACL near the end of this season. Looking forward to getting a good couple of years out of him while our younger guys develop!

Nice straightforward deal, bit of value for you guys getting 21 I'd say. Patfull steps straight into a KPD role for us as Mohr will miss most of 2015 after tearing his ACL near the end of this season. Looking forward to getting a good couple of years out of him while our younger guys develop!
Unlikely you will be disappointed

Highly underrated - will provide a great service while they develop. All the best - except against us!

Without considering either player's situation, if Geelong came to us asking to swap Christensen for Patfull .... I probably wouldn't take it.

If that's eventually what happens, it's a big win for both GWS and us. Fulfils the needs of both clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back