Toast Joel Selwood - 150 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Hawthorn for taking Mitch Thorp! Lol :D

Haha, you beat me to it. :p

Been a gun ever since he arrived at the club. Will never forget him being the only Cat to stand up against North in just his 4th game, nor will I forget his game over in Perth against Freo in 2008 when he basically dragged the guys over the line by himself.

I'm sure once he hangs his boots up in another half a dozen years or so, he'll go down not only as a great of the Geelong Football Club, but an AFL great.

BTW, what is the Tom Harley Award? Never heard of that one.

It's by Swiss, also known as the "Golden Vitamin" and it's for the sports person with the most yellow piss. He wins it every year because he takes a vitamin pill for basically everything if you've ever seen the TV ads.

Congrats to Captain Joel on 150. Seems like he's played 300 already. Pity they can't take that milestone into a better match so here's hoping for a record breaker against the Demons.

Haha, you beat me to it. :p

Been a gun ever since he arrived at the club. Will never forget him being the only Cat to stand up against North in just his 4th game, nor will I forget his game over in Perth against Freo in 2008 when he basically dragged the guys over the line by himself.

I'm sure once he hangs his boots up in another half a dozen years or so, he'll go down not only as a great of the Geelong Football Club, but an AFL great.

Really he could retire tomorrow and I would consider him a Geelong great.

Not so sure. Just checked Lids stats and he clocked up 150 games in final round of 2011, i.e, it took him 7 full seasons to reach the milestone.

Its taken Joel 6 seasons + 14 games of season 2013.

Maybe my maths is wrong, but looks like Joel is ahead.
I'm guessing that's because Joel plays roughly 24 games a year as opposed to Richmonds 21

Love how Joelly goes about it. When the chips are down, which is not often,this bloke takes the game by the neck and the others often follow. You only have to hear how his team mates talk about him to work out how important he is to the Cats. Happy 150 legend.

Loved him from the moment he arrived and my opinion of him has only increased in his time at the club. Couldn't be happier than with our captain. Congratulations Joel. Thank you.

Wow how fast has that come up, my favourite player in the afl. Would give up just about anyone to get him to the swans( hey a guy can wish). Curious as to if anyone knows where his 150 games compare to the fastest in history, wouldn't be too far off

A week before his 150th game Geelong’s skipper, Joel Selwood, performed an absolute thriller against the Hawks, earning himself full points from senior coach Chris Scott and Alastair Clarkson.

Selwood led his team to a 10-point victory on Saturday night in a number of key areas. He had the most disposals and clearances by far, with 34 touches, eight clearances and seven tackles.

For Selwood’s fearless performance both coaches agreed he deserved to add 10 votes to his tally for this year’s AFL Coaches Association Award.

Cats vs Hawthorn
10 Selwood (Geel)
7 Mitchell (Haw)
5 Lonergan (Geel)
4 Mackie (Geel)
2 Duncan (Geel)
1 Hill (Haw)
1 Lake (Haw)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with all of the above posters (except the Hawthorn players in Fred's CAA Awards)
Nice to see an opposition supporter pay his respects, more should be so honest and less
jealous by quoting the ducking tag - gives me furious ulcers.
Well done Joel, you are an absolute beloved Cats champion.

Future 350 gamer? 1 club player?

Certainly a great career so far. I can remember him gunning it in 2007. I think he's been a little down this year possibly under a hard tag. The best rising star of the decade.

Don't forget about Cyril, Surely he is the most delicious & exciting player in the last 10 years according to Bruce & the dawks fans :D.

Congrats to our Captain Fantastic on 150 of the best games ever played in the blue and white hoops and the scary bit is he is only going to get better, has there ever been been a better 150 games for our great club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back