Joffa on the big screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets, Cleveland Browns
For anyone who was at the game Friday night, Joffa was shown on the scoreboard during the last quarter, igniting a bronx cheer from the Carlton fans.

This is the first time I have seen this done at a game, and I never miss one. What is everyone's thoughts on it?

I saw it as a bit of a low blow, and want whoever is responsible hung and stoned to death. :p Seriously, I see no need for it. The operator was probably a Carlton supporter, and was looking to get a cheap one in..

I just hope if we are beating this mob later in the year, we get that old, saggy hag, Barb on the screen and maybe, just maybe, she'll s**t herself on camera.

Joffa has to take the good with the bad if he wants to be a minor celebrity. He is obviously happy to draw attention to himself with the gold jacket and whatnot, he can't cry foul when they show him on screen in one of the five games we've lost since 2010.

It's more done with Eddie, than Joffa when another team has won. I suppose the wooden spoon incident made Joffa more relevant to ignite cheers.

But stuff like that also in another sense shows how much we mean to the rest of them, it doesn't happen at our games when we are winning.

I don't like the ultra closeups of joffa, eddie and buckley when we're losing. It's just rubbing it in and pandering to an audience who likes to see us suffer. They know what they're doing and I reckon there's enough emotion on the field for the networks to exploit to resort to showing stuff like people in the crowd.

To my knowledge, Joffa is the only supporter in the AFL that is focused on by the cameras so often.

The only other supporter I can think of who is shown on a regular basis is the old bloke in Sydney who moved up there when the South did.

It shows the fascination the AFL media have with Collingwood, that we not only have the most watched games, both on TV and at the ground, but we also have the most shown supporter.

Keep it up Joffa, it just pisses the opposition off more when we win.:thumbsu:

I seem to recall this happening before when we have lost??? Or maybe I am just remembering something that never happened.

I felt sorry for Joffa but you can't act like a flog and expect not to cop some back, I'm he doesn't mind though - as has been said take the good with the bad. I actually had a chuckle when it was shown as I think I was sitting the same way - sitting back, arms folded and visibly pissed at what I was watching :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pic from this thread

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579490&page=5

al1dva.png

Pfft, not a big deal.

I mean it sucks to see it and hear the chant as it only reinforces how low we were at at that point in time. Having said that, what can you honestly expect? I wouldn't complain about it with the intention of changing anything; as probably the most vocal supporters in the competition we thrive off demoralising the opposition. Chants, booing, and sarcastic cheers amongst other things are fantastic when things are running for us.

I'm one-eyed as anyone but putting aside my personal bias, objectively I think it's fine.

It seems theres a cameraman that has his camera fixed on Eddie every week. Pretty sure the camera would be better used focused on the play, but anywho.
We seem to have our supporters (including Eddie) filmed more than any other teams supporters.
The only other person who seems to get any attention is Jeff Kennett at Hawks games.
But i cant recall ever watching a kangas game and seeing Brayshaw being zoomed in on.
The opposition just love to kick us while were down, simple as that.

Personally i prefer the days of 2010-2011 where they had nothing on us :eek:

He's Collingwood-related so he will get publicised when we are losing, that's how the world works.

Seriously, it's just rubbing it in when they show Eddie and Joffa when we're losing, it's not very "sportsmanlike" - you don't stick the boots in when someone is down, you don't find pleasure in someone's pain, especially if you are a professional like the media or the cameraman. I don't really mind supporters doing it, as it is a part of following a footy team, but officials are supposed to be neutral and unbiased.

And yes, I was at the game.

I thought it was Pathetic and what makes Joffa the Face of Collingwood Fans?

Simple...
Joffa has become a person who people have become fascinated with. A Collingwood person who wears heart on sleeve. An Aussie Larrikin is Joffa, a kind and caring person who is at most times misunderstood. Much loved and despised. Im sure you would never hear joffa say he is the face of collingwood. Although when you look at joffa and study what the bloke is all about he is very much indeed the face of Collingwood. I saw Joffa in Spring st one Sunday morning 2am last year on foot patrol with the Salvation Army taking care of people who had become drunk or had been beaten up in a fight or in need of food and water, it was then i understood what joffa was all about. But what makes joffa bigger than the normal type of person is the fact he is able to rise above all the bullshit that is said about him with a laugh and simply move on. Not just a hit with his own supporters, joffa has become something of a hit with all supporters from all clubs.Yep this joffa guy we all love to mock and laugh at most probably because of his collingwood association is actually a decent hard working loveable aussie larrikin..Lets not destroy thes people they are a dying breed!

Simple...
Joffa has become a person who people have become fascinated with. A Collingwood person who wears heart on sleeve. An Aussie Larrikin is Joffa, a kind and caring person who is at most times misunderstood. Much loved and despised. Im sure you would never hear joffa say he is the face of collingwood. Although when you look at joffa and study what the bloke is all about he is very much indeed the face of Collingwood. I saw Joffa in Spring st one Sunday morning 2am last year on foot patrol with the Salvation Army taking care of people who had become drunk or had been beaten up in a fight or in need of food and water, it was then i understood what joffa was all about. But what makes joffa bigger than the normal type of person is the fact he is able to rise above all the bullshit that is said about him with a laugh and simply move on. Not just a hit with his own supporters, joffa has become something of a hit with all supporters from all clubs.Yep this joffa guy we all love to mock and laugh at most probably because of his collingwood association is actually a decent hard working loveable aussie larrikin..Lets not destroy thes people they are a dying breed!

Kind and caring unless you happen to be homosexual. Which according to his wiki article he views as disgusting and claims they are "responsible for more deaths than any other single group of people".

Secondly,that is his paid job. He works night shift for the salvation army.

Secondly,that is his paid job. He works night shift for the salvation army.
Is it also his paid job to attend various events around Australia promoting the Epilepsy foundation? NO.

A few weeks ago I was at a Melbourne Storm game, and Joffa was there promoting the Epilepsy Foundation, as his young daughter has Epilepsy.

So please, don't criticise someone unless you know the man, and please, wikipedia, you do know anyone can edit that, don't you?:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back