John Cena

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my cousin's absolutely loved him 7 years ago when he was 12 and absolutely hates him today :D.

In wrestling i tend to like the heels more than the good guys, i loved Cena's heel run and the early portion when he turned face. I started to dislike him over time when his promos became more kid friendly.

I actually don't find much fault with his matches, i mean once you make it as a main eventer you basically stick with a basic move set. The Rock survived with the people's elbow for so long :p.

He is one of the cog's continuing to pump out $$$$ for the company, keeping it afloat, so more power to him.

Yet people in the 15-25 bracket still tune in every week to bag Cena if nothing else.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm 30 now so grew up watching wrestling from the late 80's until about 98-00. Since then I don't watch regularly but tune in for a few weeks once every six months or so when something interesting happens. I usually lose my interest after a couple of weeks though due to the staleness and immaturity of the product. Now that I have Foxtel iQ I record most weeks on series link and then end up fast forwarding through most of it if I even bother to watch at all. The lead up to WrestleMania got very boring particularly both Cena and the Rock's promos.

I downloaded and watched Mania and was impressed with the show (that is I wasn't bored shitless after the first match like other PPV's I've watched recently). So I watched the next night's Raw and it was very good despite Cena's pretty horrible monologue. The return of Brock was awesome as was most of the rest of show. The next week I tuned in and was happy to see Cena get belted in the mouth however his stupid grin ruined the moment again. Who acts like that in real life? No-one. The rest of the show was pretty horrid so not sure how long I'll hang around for this time but I am enjoying Punk, Bryan, Lesnar, Henry at the moment.

Cena's not the only one I dislike either - Orton is horrible. He has everything to make it work - he should be an all time great - but he is horrible on the mike and his character is one dimensional and stale.

So what I am getting at is although the people in that age bracket might "tune in to watch and then bag Cena" I can say from my experience that if I watch it is in spite of Cena and often fast forward through most of the rubbish (Funkasaurus WTF???) and this often includes Cena. It is hard to though when he is involved in the mian angles with guys I like to watch (Lesnar this time around, Punk previously).

He hasn't been as bad the last 12 months as previously but I still can't get over that stupid smirk he refuses to wipe from his face. Show us it means something to you for chrissakes.

Yeah. That seems to be most people's major problem with him. I've posted about it ad nauseum on this board. Case in point, Lesnar's return. Cena's standing there smirking and clapping at Lesnar like he's a damn diva or something.

He's one of the baddest dudes on the planet! At least sell his return and act like you're scared of him or at least surprised to see him. Not just that you knew it was his turn to hit the music and come out.

Look at how Rocky reacted to Goldberg, how Triple H reacted to Mick Foley bringing out Cactus Jack for the street fight. Their reactions made those returns seem unbelievable. Luckily for me, Cena didn't ruin Lesnar's return, but he certainly did nothing to try and sell it.

Yeah. That seems to be most people's major problem with him. I've posted about it ad nauseum on this board. Case in point, Lesnar's return. Cena's standing there smirking and clapping at Lesnar like he's a damn diva or something.

He's one of the baddest dudes on the planet! At least sell his return and act like you're scared of him or at least surprised to see him. Not just that you knew it was his turn to hit the music and come out.

Look at how Rocky reacted to Goldberg, how Triple H reacted to Mick Foley bringing out Cactus Jack for the street fight. Their reactions made those returns seem unbelievable. Luckily for me, Cena didn't ruin Lesnar's return, but he certainly did nothing to try and sell it.

Why would Cena be concerned about lesnar? Brock isn't fit to shine his shoes

He is a NCAA champion, Former UFC champion. Moves quicker than Cena, stronger than Cena. Ever seen Cena perform a move like the SSP? Go back to trolling the Bay.

Cena is a 10 time WWE Champion 2 time WHC and has a further 7 minor titles...of what benefit to the WWE would him acting scared be?

This is a wrestling subject it was worthy of its own thread on the wrestling board

Cena is a 10x WWE champion and 2x WHC champion for one reason and one reason only.

Brock Lesnar left, all that remained was HHH who wanted to fade out, Randy Orton and Batista. Whilst Cena held one title Orton or Batista normally held the other. Not much competition there. Rub his back and compliment him all you want, he got big in the company at the right time.

Cena is a 10x WWE champion and 2x WHC champion for one reason and one reason only.

Brock Lesnar left, all that remained was HHH who wanted to fade out, Randy Orton and Batista. Whilst Cena held one title Orton or Batista normally held the other. Not much competition there. Rub his back and compliment him all you want, he got big in the company at the right time.

Massage it anyway you want....IN the time he has been big he has had Taker, HHH, Michaels, Orton, Batista, RVD, Hardy, Edge, Jericho, Lesnar, Angle, Booker, Benoit, JBL, Carlito....do you want me to go on?

He has been big coz he has been the best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massage it anyway you want....IN the time he has been big he has had Taker, HHH, Michaels, Orton, Batista, RVD, Hardy, Edge, Jericho, Lesnar, Angle, Booker, Benoit, JBL, Carlito....do you want me to go on?

He has been big coz he has been the best!

To quote the MIZ............"REALLY?????"

daily_gifdump_46_10.gif

Cena is a 10 time WWE Champion 2 time WHC and has a further 7 minor titles...of what benefit to the WWE would him acting scared be?

This is a wrestling subject it was worthy of its own thread on the wrestling board

Haha you're comparing NCAA and UFC titles (you know real athletic titles) with WWE belts (where champions are chosen by the marketing department)?

Classic troll, good work.

Haha you're comparing NCAA and UFC titles (you know real athletic titles) with WWE belts (where champions are chosen by the marketing department)?

Classic troll, good work.

Coz they are meeting in the NCAA or UFC and WWE titles have no relevance to the WWE :eek::eek::eek:

Jade's seriously mate, do you believe the crap you talk sometimes.

John Cena will and always will be a mid carder acting as a Main Eventer.

As much as i hate to say it, he is a main eventer. His in ring ability isn't worthy of it but he has been around a long time and has good promo/mic skills which is the big ticket in the E.

Plugg3r seriously mate, do you believe the crap you talk sometimes :eek::eek::eek:

How can you argue with a straight face that he isnt a legit main event star

Believe my emotions don't even alter when talking about Cena's main event status. Sure you wouldn't be able to go back to a mid card now. But he still shouldn't be the face of the company.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back