Opinion Our coaches, leadership, game style, and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

So watching the game last night, it has been proven beyond any doubt that a strong disciplined team defence is what wins finals like matches.

So David King has once again shown what a clueless twit he is when it comes to what it takes to win a p'ship.
He says that you cant win the flag unless you can kick 100 points consistently.
Well f . . k me!
The Hawks only managed 7 goals last night, goalless in two of the quarters, gifted another 3 goals in front plus a few gifts that they missed, & low & behold, there is no better team in the comp than Hawthorn at not scoring enough goals. Lets face it ! Listening to the commentary about the Hawks last night & today, it was the best crap goal scoring performance by a team in the history of the game. Geez the Hawks are unbeatable at not scoring enough now!:confused:

So basically what I am saying, Horse has a defensive mindset that when instructions are played out by all the players, then we have the gameplan to beat the Hawks.
No Hodge & no Mitchell, say goodbye to the Hawks!

Just looking at highlights of past years and I think me personally we need to swap the roles of Jetta and Rohan.

Rohan brings great pressure in the forward line but Jetta is improving his defense and just has a better knack for crumbing and getting goals on the run than Rohan.

Excluding AJ of course whats Horses best 22 if fit

I presume changes for today would be

In : non cripple buddy, Pyke, Rohan, Goodes

Out injury free buddy, nankervis, b jack, maybe cunningham?

Would probably like bird in for mitchell if he could

Excluding AJ of course whats Horses best 22 if fit

I presume changes for today would be

In : non cripple buddy, Pyke, Rohan, Goodes

Out injury free buddy, nankervis, b jack, maybe cunningham?

Would probably like bird in for mitchell if he could

imo longmire would go

smith richards rampe
laidler grundy shaw

jetta jack hanners
tippett jkennedy mitchell

reid franklin mcveigh
heeney goodes parker

pyke cunningham lloyd mcglynn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe people are calling for Longmire's head. Good teams have slumps. It's how they get themselves out of it that matters. If, by this time next year, we're not out of it, then yes, you can call for his head. But you need to give him time to actually fix us, Jesus.
Give him time, he's been here for over 10 years

Does anybody know what our training load has been in recent weeks? I can't help but think we seemed flat and un Swans like in recent weeks much as we were in last year grand final. Yet this weekagainst the crows we seemec to have our leg speed back. Perhaps they have had harder training sessions leading into those games in order to be fresher at the end of the season?

Does anybody know what our training load has been in recent weeks? I can't help but think we seemed flat and un Swans like in recent weeks much as we were in last year grand final. Yet this weekagainst the crows we seemec to have our leg speed back. Perhaps they have had harder training sessions leading into those games in order to be fresher at the end of the season?
Maybe we were playing a team that wasn't in the same class as Hawthorn or WC. Where do we find them !

I thought Longmire was responsible for the skills of our players? If they don't have the skills it's his responsibility to teach them or trade them.
So a player is standing right in front of goal, misses and it's Horse's fault ? Get real.

Oh thank god for that.

I thought the team was playing s**t and couldn't score. I thought the game plan was putrid and denied us opportunities to goal. I thought the STATS showed that. You know stats. Stats man stats.

Now I see it is simply we oopsied a bit in the first quarter of the Cokers game and since we are a professional football side we had every right to chuck a tanty and say bugger it all this one is too hard. The playas were all like, I haz lost mah confidunce so i iz not playin anymoar today......or something like that.

Add to that our whopping injury list of 5 or so players from our best 22 clearly puts us behind any other team in the competition that don't have to struggle through the vicissitudes of outrageous fortune like us, so ...well s**t...it is allllllllll ok. It is not like the Cokers had any injuries at all. Or the Hawks. Or any other team we have played this year.

Glad you cleared that up for me.

Looking forward to playing the Hawks at the MCG in the finals. Or the Eagles maybe, perhaps Freo over there.

Don't matter. All is well.

Sarcasm is like salad dressing. It's best applied sparingly.

I don't buy into the training load theory either, but it was still our best performance in a month, so it's something to hang our hats on going into next week's game at least. At least we attacked more in the first half.

I have to say I thought the Crows' pressure wasn't quite there on the weekend, think they are still not mentally right and that's understandable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back