News John Wardrop joins Coaching Panel

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-10-08/wardrop-heads-west

Respected football analyst John Wardrop will join the West Coast Eagles as Head of Game Analysis and Opposition Strategy for the 2016 season.

Wardrop, who was a forward scout with the club in the 1990s and spent eight years at Collingwood, is better known for his role as opposition analyst at Hawthorn, where he played an important role in four premierships at the club.

Initial response was "who" but getting one of the strategists from the side that has just won 3 flags in a row can only be a good thing

1425925092169.jpg

Some Futurama style alternate universe version of Woosh?

In other news I just realised that Futurama is done again on the absolute top of their game.

200_s.gif

Why they're continuing to make shitty Simpsons eps still I'll never know. Futurama had infinite possibilities for stories and jokes.

I've always been known to say the more Wardop's the merrier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe this is to offset the potential loss of Pyke?

Appears a different role or at least a re-structuring. Pyke is listed as 'stoppages and structures'. Wardrop is 'game analysis and opposition strategy'. Some lap over but also differences.

Good to see that in true eagles BF board fashion out welcome thread misspells his name;)

In an industry that receives so much media coverage and has fans scrutinising what clubs do, it's surprising that a man can be involved in footy for 20+ years at AFL and remain virtually anonymous.

Have to admit I've never heard of him but he has an impressive resume. Also Simpson would have spent 4 years working with this guy at hawthorn so would be keenly aware of his capabilities

Seems like a very good addition to our still inexperienced coaching group given his background especially in light of the likely departure of Pyke to the crows

Good, need to get intellectual property and weaken the Hawks at all costs. We will never claw them back for half a lifetime if they get 4 flags in a row and 5 in the last decade...use that rumoured 60 million in the bank West Coast!

I always like poaching moves that simultaneously strengthen us and weaken one of our major opponents.

A good get and I do like the way we have targeted the best .
Hell what's the point of having all that money and resources if you don't use it to trump the opposition.

Now let's get ourselves an even better replacement for Don Pyke.

Some signs of the Eagles of Old that were renowned for being ahead of the pack in the scouting and poaching games .

About time we got our mojo back on these types of appointments.

Can't wait until Duggan & Brown return next season.

We'd have the Liam, the Mitch and the Wardop.

I'll join bombard's exodus from this thread now.

I just vomited in my mouth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back