Nostradamus Lives John Worsfold to coach Essendon from 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Why hasn't anyone suggested this:

Woosha coaches Adelaide for 2 seasons with Campo as his apprentice. Campo takes over and Woosha back to Coaching director.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Campo has already got them to the finals, so why take it off him to give to Woosha for 2 seasons, then give it back to him.

That's a step backwards to me.

Shhhh. Let them keep thinking Adelaide is like Sierra Leone. Whatever it takes to stop these idiots from moving over here.

Seriously though I like cheap real estate, clean air and no traffic.
How cheap are we talking?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Campo has already got them to the finals, so why take it off him to give to Woosha for 2 seasons, then give it back to him.

That's a step backwards to me.
Most of the talk with Campo not applying for the head coaching job has been due to his business and family commitments preventing him from having the time to take the role. Maybe that'll change in a couple of years? Anyway, unless Campo can prove that he can run his own ship, rather than steering the one that Walsh built I'm not sure if he's the man for the job or not. It's a massive thing for him to have stepped up like his has, but that shouldn't automatically mean he's handed the job from here on.

Woosha ain't staying in Adelaide beyond this season. His wife hates Adelaide and refuses to live there, hence why she has stayed in Perth since he went there a few months ago. She is happy to relocate to Melbourne though, having liked the city during their 2 yrs here when Woosh was at Carlton.

His wife hates Adelaide and refuses to live there, hence why she has stayed in Perth since he went there a few months ago.

Of course her staying in Perth would have nothing to do with relocating and disturbing a family from one city to another for a relatively short period of time.

Woosha's initial commitment to Adelaide was to help them 'finish the season' and then move on. It was only when he got there that his batteries got recharged and now a return to coaching is on the cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course her staying in Perth would have nothing to do with relocating and disturbing a family from one city to another for a relatively short period of time.

Woosha's initial commitment to Adelaide was to help them 'finish the season' and then move on. It was only when he got there that his batteries got recharged and now a return to coaching is on the cards.

Will he be a good fit for EFC?

Will he be a good fit for EFC?

To be perfectly honest I don't know.

I am not sure Woosha is a 'developer' of players and if I look at your list from afar (I just watch the game - I don't study it) I think your lists is a little shallow and in need of development.

When he first arrived Woosha took a list that was playing 'without passion' and turned them into a passionate side. At the end of Woosha's time the passion seemed to disappear, almost as if the players were not getting the Woosha message. Mind you it appeared as if Woosha lost the passion too - rumours of his private life, if true, may have been a contributing factor. Certainly it did appear as if the 'fire in the belly' was missing from everyone - players and Woosha alike.

With his record & reputation he will provide the club with some bounce and a surge. Whether or not it is dead cat bounce, or something else, only time will tell.

Unlike Simmo I don't think Woosha is a great media performer - I suspect there would be a need to a fair bit of media work involved in coaching Essendon.

I only hope your club uses a good process to make a realistic selection.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-wants-to-coach-essendon-20150923-gjthsy.html

The AFL Coaches Association has confirmed that John Worsfold is interested in coaching Essendon.

The news comes a day after Adelaide announced Worsfold would soon leave the club.

Worsfold, who coached West Coast to the 2006 premiership, had been temporary football director at the Crows since the July 3 death of their coach Phil Walsh.

After saying he was not interested in a return to senior coaching, Worsfold revealed late last month that he had changed his mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back