Rumour Johnathan Patton, Seen at the Whitten oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh remind me the list of clubs lining up to get hall or akermanis? crameria is hardly a player of note either.

players you mentioned are hardly players of note either. but they did have other clubs chasing them. even TDL

Essendon were right into Akermanis. Crameri was a leading goalkicker at another club who came to us. Hall a premiership captain. Regardless of your attempt to shift the goalposts, all are players of note.

And noteable players will want to come to us in the future. We've got a great up and coming midfield and cap space to spend on players to supplement that.

Not sure the rumor of him being offered a 5 year deal at 1 mil per year is true but if he did knock it back he would be crazy especially being so injury prone.

Essendon were right into Akermanis. Crameri was a leading goalkicker at another club who came to us. Hall a premiership captain. Regardless of your attempt to shift the goalposts, all are players of note.

And noteable players will want to come to us in the future. We've got a great up and coming midfield and cap space to spend on players to supplement that.

rofl no one wanted them
aker was past it. hall was past it and was seen as a ticking time bomb. cameri meh

do you seriously believe they are players of note? if so i feel sad for you

rofl no one wanted them
aker was past it. hall was past it and was seen as a ticking time bomb. cameri meh

do you seriously believe they are players of note? if so i feel sad for you

You're not seriously claiming aker and hall weren't players of note? Past their best sure, but clearly 2 of the bigger names in the game at the time.

yeh remind me the list of clubs lining up to get hall or akermanis? crameria is hardly a player of note either.

players you mentioned are hardly players of note either. but they did have other clubs chasing them. even TDL
Aker had the Bombers and the pies for starters, Hall and Cramers didn't as they stated early that they wanted to go to the dogs so no point.

You're not seriously claiming aker and hall weren't players of note? Past their best sure, but clearly 2 of the bigger names in the game at the time.

big names but well and truly past it. big effing meh. no ones going to be kept up at night going "boy i wish we got them over the line"

big names but well and truly past it. big effing meh. no ones going to be kept up at night going "boy i wish we got them over the line"

Past it? Hall kicked 73 goals in 2010. And 55 in 2011. Stop making a fool of yourself.

If you had Hall instead of Kosi you would be polishing that 2010 cup right now.

Eddie McGuire was talking as if it's common knowledge Patton would be going to the Bulldogs next year.

Said the injury means they might not go through with the 900k deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now absolutely crucial for GWS to get Boyd to put pen to paper.

There would have to be some starting to wonder if they will ever see the full potential of Patton. 3 years in 2 knee recos and most of his 4th year gone. Once injuries are established at such a young age it is highly likely that he will have injury problems throughout his career.

For mine, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

They were both past their prime on field, and damaged goods off field. Certainly not players of note (in the positive sense of the word) when the Dogs picked them up.

Now absolutely crucial for GWS to get Boyd to put pen to paper.

There would have to be some starting to wonder if they will ever see the full potential of Patton. 3 years in 2 knee recos and most of his 4th year gone. Once injuries are established at such a young age it is highly likely that he will have injury problems throughout his career.

For mine, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole
Not necessarily. I can remember benji being out for the tiges in 3 of his first 4 years (NRL) then hardly missed a match again

Not necessarily. I can remember benji being out for the tiges in 3 of his first 4 years (NRL) then hardly missed a match again
The physical demands of League are very different to AFL. AFL has a lot of twisting and turning where as League is far more straight line running, which means ACL injuries don't have the same impact on a career.

Completely different sport. Those blokes rarely need to jump (with the exception of wingers/full back), and a lot of the time they run in straight lines. An AFL player, and a forward in particular would have a lot more wear and tear on the joints and knees.

Patton will hopefully recover but they need to take their time with him. I doubt he will be playing into his 30s.

To GIANTS fans and the AFL world,

First, I want to thank everyone for their well wishes. The support I have received over the past few days from other AFL players, coaches and, of course, the unbelievable GIANTS supporters has been overwhelming.

There's no doubt this is a very challenging and confronting time in my life. I'm three years into my career and have had more injuries than most people have endured for their whole career. There is nothing I can do about any of this. I can't rewind the past or think about what could've been.

When I first heard the news about my knee I couldn’t stop crying for 20 minutes. But with the support of GIANTS Welfare Manager Craig Lambert, my manager Paul Connors, my brother Chris and mum Belinda, I quickly realized that life goes on and I had to deal with what has been thrown at me.

Not to mention my best friend and teammate Stephen Coniglio who was about to board a flight to Sydney and instead caught a cab to my house to spend the night and be there for me.

I have been through this rehab before so I know what is in front of me. It's going to be a tough, long road but I guarantee everyone that I will be back. I’m not sure when but I will be back and I will show everyone what persistence and hard work can lead to.

I could not ask for a better club to be a part of as I go through this. From our CEO Dave Matthews, who has always been amazing to me, to our General Manager of Football Graeme Allan, who has never doubted me as a person or player.

Then there are my teammates who have been incredibly supportive. The worst thing about this whole process is not being able to train and play with all my best mates for a long time.

I now need to move on and deal with this situation. After all, this is only a 9-10 month rehab. There are people out there fighting for their lives and going through a lot tougher things than I am.

I will get my surgery done early next week and recover to the best of my ability to make sure I am there with my teammates for the next 10 years.

Once again thank you everyone!!

Jonny Patton

He's not going anywhere.

Thread closed/

All good, we will go for Cameron instead ;)

Jokes aside it's good to see him down to earth about it, it's still devastating news because this season he was showing what he is hopefully going to be capable of in the future. Hopefully he can be one of those that can come back & be a Hayes/Malceski & not a Bailey/Menzel

Thread will close when he re-signs, so stop whinging about rumours, they swirl around every club at this time of year.

But fantastic attitude from JP, and can't wait to see him back out there in the orange and charcoal. He's one of my favourites to watch, and doesn't deserve the wretched run of luck that he's endured.

Hopefully the club plays the long game, gives him the next 18 months to recover and build up strength (no footy next year) and we see him back, ready to fire in 2016. It's not like you're bereft of forward options in his absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back