Other Johnny Manziel - Outlaw Bloodlines ©

Remove this Banner Ad

Leave aside the possibility he is an a.....e, if that was the criteria there would hardly be a player left in the nfl.

What has he done that has been so offensive

Leave aside the possibility he is an a.....e, if that was the criteria there would hardly be a player left in the nfl.

What has he done that has been so offensive

Because he is a living and breathing version of an internet troll. You don't have to go on a Charlie Manson style rampage to be disliked, sometimes acting like the things many people work hard to accomplish in life are some sort of entitlement to him is enough.

Can he play football? Well, yes at the college level anyway and it will take a while for that to be proven in the NFL, if ever. He wouldn't be ranked in the top 500 players in the NFL today but acts like beating Alabama in college means something today.

Right now, he is the NFL representative to the Paris Hilton/Kim Kardashian famous for being famous club.

This story reeks of "selective wording"

For starters. The "Entourage" included his mother, this immediately changes the outside view of this. Secondly it was at the Hotel that he is living at.. This wasn't at a nightclub or out the front of the local taco bell.

And mainly. The amount of charges and issues the "apparent victim" has is through the roof!

If anything in my eyes this screams of a drunk guy who came up to Manziel and in a drunken way engaged in contact with Manziel who really wasn't interested / put off and then because he was put off this drunk dude took offence and probably started this whole apparent scuffle himself.

Its fortunate that Manziel was not on his own or else this could be much worse but I seriously think the wording chosen in the media relating to this issue is very dramatic! Yes most likely because he is Mr Football.

Oh and on a side note. The report to the police was lodged in the 2am timeframe. That wasn't when this incident happening so for all we know this could of occurred hours earlier.

Don't get the dislike for manziel. I don't particularly like him and he is unproven but having a bit of braggart is no bad thing.

There is no whiff of sexual impropriety about him (as Peyton manning or Winston had in college) nor has he belted his girlfriend into next week. He has an opinion about most things. Anyone with a teenage child will recognize this.

Don't get the dislike for manziel. I don't particularly like him and he is unproven but having a bit of braggart is no bad thing.

There is no whiff of sexual impropriety about him (as Peyton manning or Winston had in college) nor has he belted his girlfriend into next week. He has an opinion about most things. Anyone with a teenage child will recognize this.

Agreed,

Manziel I am not sure if he will get his truly best opportunity in Cleveland. But i definitely believe he has potential to shine when given an opportunity elsewhere.

I think you will find most of the dislike comes from people who have no idea about college football and all they see is this glamour boy dubbed Mr Football role into the NFL all of a sudden.

An assertion I am happy to not have substantiated one way or the other.;)

Agreed,

Manziel I am not sure if he will get his truly best opportunity in Cleveland. But i definitely believe he has potential to shine when given an opportunity elsewhere.

I think you will find most of the dislike comes from people who have no idea about college football and all they see is this glamour boy dubbed Mr Football role into the NFL all of a sudden.

See this is the Manziel affect right there. Seriously, the guy has been drafted in the first round, is being outplayed by a journeyman QB, has barely lasted half a season so far and the Manziel backers are already suggesting a new environment for him to shine. No other rookie in the league gets this sort of conversation being made about them.

If he is so damn good he will be a star in Cleveland, no one has thrown him to the wolves making him start day one, he has a chance to learn and develop into a starting NFL calibre QB if he truly wants it.

See this is the Manziel affect right there. Seriously, the guy has been drafted in the first round, is being outplayed by a journeyman QB, has barely lasted half a season so far and the Manziel backers are already suggesting a new environment for him to shine. No other rookie in the league gets this sort of conversation being made about them.

If he is so damn good he will be a star in Cleveland, no one has thrown him to the wolves making him start day one, he has a chance to learn and develop into a starting NFL calibre QB if he truly wants it.

You need to quote the whole sentence if your going to reply about that.

I am not sure if he will get his full opportunity in Cleveland. Whether its now or in 5 years after he has developed some more... Cleveland is not the most stable organisation unlike the big boys.

And what i mean buy opportunity is giving him the starting gig and not this yoyo rubbish happeningwith him and hoyer at the start of the year.

Oh and if you are going to talk about nobody ever getting similar conversations made about him you clearly forget about Tim Tebow in his first year at Denver before he had the starting job after the horrible start to the year and fan outcry for him to start.

P.S - I will say if he succeeds in Cleveland then congratulations, well deserved.

You need to quote the whole sentence if your going to reply about that.

I am not sure if he will get his full opportunity in Cleveland. Whether its now or in 5 years after he has developed some more... Cleveland is not the most stable organisation unlike the big boys.

And what i mean buy opportunity is giving him the starting gig and not this yoyo rubbish happeningwith him and hoyer at the start of the year.

Oh and if you are going to talk about nobody ever getting similar conversations made about him you clearly forget about Tim Tebow in his first year at Denver before he had the starting job after the horrible start to the year and fan outcry for him to start.

P.S - I will say if he succeeds in Cleveland then congratulations, well deserved.

I did quote your entire post, specifically not to be accused of being selective.

I guess it is all interpretation in the end, you call it yoyo, others, including me, might call it being given every opportunity to win the starting job in a training camp QB battle, probably with the Browns coaching staff having to deal with team ownership and media pressure to boot.

On Tebow, no I didn't forget about him (another media created Frankenstein) but his situation was totally different. The masses were crying for him to start for the team that drafted him that, at the time, was performing way below the way the Browns are this year. Your original comment implies that he will be a better QB elsewhere yet he hasn't even started and finished a game yet for the team that drafted him in the first round.

Well boo hoo! I'm betting most stud WRs would like to go to a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodger's QB'ed team too but some of them get Ryan Fitzgerald instead.

I did quote your entire post, specifically not to be accused of being selective.

I guess it is all interpretation in the end, you call it yoyo, others, including me, might call it being given every opportunity to win the starting job in a training camp QB battle, probably with the Browns coaching staff having to deal with team ownership and media pressure to boot.

On Tebow, no I didn't forget about him (another media created Frankenstein) but his situation was totally different. The masses were crying for him to start for the team that drafted him that, at the time, was performing way below the way the Browns are this year. Your original comment implies that he will be a better QB elsewhere yet he hasn't even started and finished a game yet for the team that drafted him in the first round.

Well boo hoo! I'm betting most stud WRs would like to go to a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodger's QB'ed team too but some of them get Ryan Fitzgerald instead.

Yeah I think because I believe it to be a yoyo is what puts my doubts about him and Cleveland in my mind. And well if anybody would trade for him it wouldn't be so he can join another yoyo circus, it would be for him to be there QB hence the greater opportunity.

Too early to tell i guess. Who knows. Hoyer could get hurt this weekend (god forbid) and then the media circus goes into overdrive and Manziel takes charge of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read that he didn't do too bad for the limited time he was on the field for. Going to have to watch the last qtr of the game when I get home tonight.

5/8 for 63 yards and a rushing TD. Got a lucky break on an incomplete pass that probably should've been called a fumble, and recovered for a TD.

#heilmanziel

keep-calm-because-here-s-johnny-1.png

I don't really understand the Manziel hate. He is a very likeable person when interviewed. Their has not been one negative report about his dedication or training habits. All his teammates say that he is a humble and mature guy.

Note: Money phone incident is a massive exception.
Boring people are boring. He's definitely got personality. Unfortunately tho, it's a very annoying one.

Manziel’s Cavs habit is held against him

Posted by Mike Florio on December 8, 2014, 10:04 AM EST
manziel2.jpg

Getty Images

Sunday’s pregame shows featured an eyebrow-raising anecdote from Jay Glazer of FOX Sports regarding Browns backup quarterback Johnny Manziel.

In explaining the decision of Browns coach Mike Pettine to stick withBrian Hoyer as the starter, here’s what Glazer had to say:

“Mike Pettine went to veterans, went to coaches this week, and there was resounding support for Brian Hoyer. You gotta remember, these coaches, these players, they see these guys on a day-to-day basis. Now Johnny Manziel, during practice sometimes, he’ll make some throws and make everybody go, ‘Wow, I can’t believe he did that!’ And then he’ll make some plays to get everybody to think, ‘Wow, I can’t believe he did that.’

“Here is what, perhaps, epitomizes this decision better than anything else. Johnny Manziel was not told that he is not the starting quarterback until Wednesday morning. On Tuesday evening he was . . . at the Cleveland Cavaliers game, sitting court side, and it made people inside that organization, they wanted to see how he would handle potentially starting. And there he is, instead of, if you’re getting your first ever NFL start, they would hope that you’re either gonna be at the complex or home and just getting ready for the Indianapolis Colts. He wasn’t, he was with the Cavs.”

Some misinterpreted Glazer’s report as indicating that Manziel’s decision to go to the basketball game was a factor in Pettine’s decision to stick with Hoyer. It wasn’t. Instead, it was seen by some within the organization as a tangible piece of evidence regarding Manziel’s failure to work as hard as he should to prepare himself to play.

Maybe that’s why Pettine avoided the question from Sunday regarding whether Manziel is ready to go. Maybe Pettine doesn’t want to open that specific can of worms in a public setting.

Still, even if Manziel isn’t working hard enough when he’s, you know, at work, it seems a bit unfair for the Browns to hold his decision to take the short walk from his apartment to Gund Arena when the Cavaliers have a 7:00 p.m. tip on a Tuesday, when the Browns players are off. Peter King of TheMMQB.com addressed the same point today, to which I’ve linked because he agrees with me that it seems a bit unfair to judge a guy based on what he does on his night off.

If he’s slacking while on the clock, it’s one thing. But if he’s taking a few hours to get away from football on an off day, that really shouldn’t be proof of anything other than he’s not a robot.

Either way, it’ll be interesting to see whether Manziel is sitting court side this Tuesday night, when the Cavs host the Raptors.[/B]

Manziel has been named as starter. How do people reckon he will go. I reckon he will go all right.

Manziel has been named as starter. How do people reckon he will go. I reckon he will go all right.
Manziel will know who has the best chance of buttering his bread.....Josh Gordon.....like he relied on Mike Evans.....and will throw the ball his way a hundred times in the game.....including the idiotic scrambling around for 20 secs before adlibbing a pass to Gordon in triple coverage expecting him to win the jump balls.

Manziel will know who has the best chance of buttering his bread.....Josh Gordon.....like he relied on Mike Evans.....and will throw the ball his way a hundred times in the game.....including the idiotic scrambling around for 20 secs before adlibbing a pass to Gordon in triple coverage expecting him to win the jump balls.
Or indeed Stafford with johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back