Johnson - enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

In hindsight he was never going to get anything after he squirmed free of a suspension after booting Lachie Neale flush in the head last year. Was deemed to be "insufficient force" despite SJ playing out the rest of the season with a foot issue sustained from the incident.

Strange ruling though, how does belting a bloke in the nuts help you "win position for the ball" :confused:

Why bother with that kind of odd reasoning, just call it insufficient force and throw it out.
Yep it does appear this year he is getting some lucky calls after being screwed by the MRP in the previous 4 years. The reasoning the MRP gave this time is bizarre. They clearly have no idea.

I don't get it.
A roundarm aimed at the chest that hits the head with some force would result in a suspension, so why should a roundarm aimed at the lower stomach that hits someone in the nuts be any different? Simply bizarre.

I don't get it.
A roundarm aimed at the chest that hits the head with some force would result in a suspension, so why should a roundarm aimed at the lower stomach that hits someone in the nuts be any different? Simply bizarre.
Because he is claiming he thought McVeigh had just grabbed or was getting the ball in hand and he went for punching motion to knock it out - all happening in half of a second. An accident. The vid on the previous page looks nothing like that. But at another angle on another vid it does look like Johnson has his eye on the ball and looks a little surprised it didn't end up where he thought.

Because he is claiming he thought McVeigh had just grabbed or was getting the ball in hand and he went for punching motion to knock it out - all happening in half of a second. An accident. The vid on the previous page looks nothing like that. But at another angle on another vid it does look like Johnson has his eye on the ball and looks a little surprised it didn't end up where he thought.

The ball is barely in the same postcode. Seems like a licence to whack someone in the guts with impunity. I'm sure that "genius" Stevie J won't need another invitation.

Love the Swans/Hawks offended at a fair call. Stevie is a niggling dickhead at times, which I enjoy because he brings out the tunnel-vision opposition fans like no other, but seen in game (not on a one-second gif) this was a fair albeit clumsy play that missed the mark. Trying to chop the arms, not his fault McVeigh is a noodle-armed old man.

The ball is barely in the same postcode. Seems like a licence to whack someone in the guts with impunity. I'm sure that "genius" Stevie J won't need another invitation.

Yes, I'm rather amazed. Essendon doesn't have records, so not guilty. Johnson has no idea where the ball is, so he swings wildly with a fist. This is the way to do it with the AFL these days, just claim you haven't got a clue what you're doing, and you get away with it. Even Lewis got closer to the ball than Johnson did, and he copped 2 matches.

Yes, I'm rather amazed. Essendon doesn't have records, so not guilty. Johnson has no idea where the ball is, so he swings wildly with a fist. This is the way to do it with the AFL these days, just claim you haven't got a clue what you're doing, and you get away with it.

or just get a court injunction to hide the fact that some of your top players are drug addicts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back