Johnson Gone for the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone think Clancee would be warming up now and be ready for being named as an emergency. We can cover all spots now but definately need some backups

In all fairness I'm surprised we won the Port game with Johnson the way he was. Could hardly move. May as well have not had him there the poor bloke

Clancee was injured for Peel, as was Mora. No word yet on how bad it is, I guess that is for tomorrow's threads...

Clarke would be best down back honestly. Taberner should stay where he is doing well, unless of course he's the next Pav, chuck him down back, early 20s Pav was the most versatile player this era has seen.

Clarke would be best down back honestly. Taberner should stay where he is doing well, unless of course he's the next Pav, chuck him down back, early 20s Pav was the most versatile player this era has seen.
That's actually not a bad idea. I don't know how Clarke would go as a defender, but he'd probably be ok floating across half back taking marks. It's not like we've got a lot of options either.

Not the end of the world by any stretch. We've the cattle to cover him, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

What the general consensus about McPharlin around here? Say hypothetically we win the QF and he's ruled fit for the Prelim, do you play a bloke who's been out for 6 weeks in a prelim? And does his form prior to getting injured justify his return over Silvagni? It's a no from me for both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the end of the world by any stretch. We've the cattle to cover him, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

What the general consensus about McPharlin around here? Say hypothetically we win the QF and he's ruled fit for the Prelim, do you play a bloke who's been out for 6 weeks in a prelim? And does his form prior to getting injured justify his return over Silvagni? It's a no from me for both.
i'd feel more confident with Silvagni, but Macca's ceiling is clearly better.
realistically, we will probably end up needing to play both (and Ibbo).

Hopefully silvagni is fully fit,I know what Ross said but surely if he was fit he would of played on sat.
Anyway I agree that mcpharlin should not play he would probably be a liability in a brutal final series as much as I hate to say it.

Clearly you are not happy! I'm don't know why but I reckon we can win this.We were totally written off against Geelong last year when we were shafted and we won. This kind of stuff empowers teams like freo,Johnson out is not good but someone WILL step in and fill the void.

Oh, I think we're still capable of winning. But it elevates Ibbo into Johnson's role, and I don't reckon he's quite as good. And we're a tall down against a team with 3 tall forwards.
It's a big loss, make no mistake. Hopefully it's pissing down with rain.

Oh, I think we're still capable of winning. But it elevates Ibbo into Johnson's role, and I don't reckon he's quite as good. And we're a tall down against a team with 3 tall forwards.
It's a big loss, make no mistake. Hopefully it's pissing down with rain.

ABC news just said they're expecting it to be wet again.

I'd say yes.If we got straight through to the PF maca would've had a good amount of time to get his calf injury cleared up,hopefully.

Well people keep saying we're fked once our older brigade leaves... Now's the time to prove them all wrong.

Ibbo Dawson Silvagni
Duffield Sutcliffe Spurr

Alex Pearce start warming up mate, any more injuries or suspensions and you are getting some game time.

Yeah been thinking about whether APearce would get a shot soon. Could get the chance of a lifetime.

Disappointed for him, he really deserves a premiership and he must be feeling awful at the moment.
For the team, the big mistake Port made was not isolating Westhoff and him. He will be replaced by Silvagni, Fyfe comes in for Subes. I wonder if Sutty will be asked to replicate his Darling heroics on Goodes? Goodes is well out of form.

s**t news.

It's possible we may see some different guys running through defense a bit.... such as Mayne and Pav.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back