Ultimate Glory JON O'RAWK is now a Hourke

Remove this Banner Ad

He's definitely the best sub on our list, and he definitely earns that spot on merit. In spite of this, I just don't think it's the ideal situation for either party that that's his spot/lot.

Absolutely, but strategically I think he's just in the wrong age bracket to be taking up the next spot that opens up in our 21. This is of course gambling that when such a spot opens up, a younger player will be ready to occupy it at near enough to the same standard as Simpkin is.

Also, I reckon everything you said in favour of Simpkin is applicable to Whitecross too, and you've gotta think the latter takes precedence in the pecking order when they're both healthy...
Having said all that, if we can't get a respectful trade offer for him we'd be mad to shunt him.

But the sub role is really about ensuring that you have someone who can play an entire game if required. If an injury in the first or second quarter.

Hence why Cyril started on the ground in the GF.

your primary concern about the sub should be replacing a key injury and then as an impact player in the late 3rd quarter or final quarter.

But the sub role is really about ensuring that you have someone who can play an entire game if required. If an injury in the first or second quarter.

Hence why Cyril started on the ground in the GF.

your primary concern about the sub should be replacing a key injury and then as an impact player in the late 3rd quarter or final quarter.

Not sure, it could. Seriously I think 18 Hawks could beat 22 Dees. Hence, use the opportunity to give kids time at the top level.

Kidding right?
You'd swap Simpkin and our third for someone's third?

Simpkin is perfect depth, and as this year showed, you need depth if you are any chance of a flag
Squads win Premierships
Can play a variety of roles, and is the best sub in the AFL
Unless he wants out, he stays, no question

Plus he snuck in a premiership medal. Surely that buys you a few years of loyalty. Most players will go looking for opportunities at other clubs in order get a shot at a flag. Simpkin can cross that one off his bucket list now. Would certainly not have been in that position at any other club. I think Duryea is that player from the 2014 squad. Wouldn't be surprised if we used him as depth while we developed Litherland and reintroduced Whitecross and Frawley.

Is this the Jon O'Rawk thread? You could be mistaken with all the talk of Simpkin and how he's our best sub.

Dr Dre did alright as the sub in the last game of the year.

Just saying :p
I just figured out why Duryea is called "Doc" by many posters around here. That's definitely one of the better nicknames going around.

B0b_3glCAAAx1_C.jpg

So not only do we do pet memberships, we also sign up players

I can hear the trolls fingers smashing the keyboard already

That's right CP, because all those extra memberships from the 40 odd players is just not on.
And of course none of the other clubs sign up their players...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So not only do we do pet memberships, we also sign up players

I can hear the trolls fingers smashing the keyboard already
This is proof we were into Jono two years ago. He's clearly holding a 2013 membership form.

Watching his 'highlights' not that his done anything that's amzing at AFL level yet, I love the way he runs with the ball in his left hand, he does look like a smooth mover. Hopefully can improve and become an integral part of our team in 2015 and beyond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back