Ultimate Glory JON O'RAWK is now a Hourke

Remove this Banner Ad

Refresh my amnesia?
Last year before the rookie draft:

Yep...Spot on there Off Shore....Those criticizing Taylor have NFI whatsoever....Kid is a Gun! Hope he gets to pick 24...Now that would be grand larceny!....People would do well to remember that Brent Harvey is only 172cm & has dominated the league for over 15 seasons now!

Tsitas for mine is way over-Rated, solid All-round skilful footballer, but no up-side for mine! Others I don't want to see Hawthorn picking up are Isaiah Miller, Nick Holman or Willsmore- God No.

P.S Can all the Collingwood flogs Take their talk about Mr Hine & his record somewhere else! Stop boring the rest of us to death & keep your comments relevant to the thread, or better yet, start your own thread on the subject which none of the rest of us are interested in reading about!

Buzzinga!

You got me....Though in my defense he played as a key forward throughout his junior footy days at Ballarat & was no where near hard enough nor big enuf for the position!....He looks far better behind the ball & given I never saw him play anywhere else other than as a key forward, then it was in that context that I made my assessment of him!

Yes, I have certainly changed my opinion of him....Who ever had the master stroke of playing him off half back & a wing deserves the kudos!....His disposal & kicking skills were never in question, but his ability to hold down a key forward post most certainly was!

Is this thread still about Jono O' Rourke? The last 2 pages have mentioned everything but him. Can't wait to see him in the pre season stuff. See how much he wants a best 22 spot

Thomas-Madsen-handwriting1.gif
beard? I have a nice sharp razor.... well I hope he wants to play for us

Whaaaatttt...best since 2008...ARL tradition triumph over $L scum. A great result for rugby league.

The story was good - the game itself was woefully bad. Nothing happened outside a broken cheekbone and a concussion for 60-odd minutes and then there was a blowout in the last 20 minutes.

And 2008? So you didn't watch last years? I hate both the Roosters and Manly but it was a high quality game that see-sawed throughout. Before that there hasn't been a good NRL grand final since 2003.

Is this thread still about Jono O' Rourke? The last 2 pages have mentioned everything but him. Can't wait to see him in the pre season stuff. See how much he wants a best 22 spot

Good point!

And can anyone confirm the spelling of his name.

I'm now totally confused .....

Buzzinga!

You got me....Though in my defense he played as a key forward throughout his junior footy days at Ballarat & was no where near hard enough nor big enuf for the position!....He looks far better behind the ball & given I never saw him play anywhere else other than as a key forward, then it was in that context that I made my assessment of him!

Yes, I have certainly changed my opinion of him....Who ever had the master stroke of playing him off half back & a wing deserves the kudos!....His disposal & kicking skills were never in question, but his ability to hold down a key forward post most certainly was!
Was nothing malicious, was just wanting to see what has changed, thanks. :D

There is an article on the afl. Com website with Luke Breust suggesting that the addition of Jono o'rourke would push the team to get better next year, with competition for spots in our best 22 heating up for 2015 and beyond . There is a photo of Jono training and he looks like he is quite fit and very solid , not sure how recent the photo is , it looks like it maybe while he was still at the Giants ? Seems like he's lost a lot of weight from the photos of him in Hawks colours on our website . Just an observation , would be nice to have a 188cm mid of some size , to be able to call on if injury struck next year . Hopefully hodgey has taken him under his wings and is teaching him the right way to go about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks ! Not sure how to do it myself

No probs :)

(It's easy to do, you just need to copy the URL from the top of you screen and paste it in your message if that helps).

Iinteresting article. I agree O'Rourke looks more solid in the photo but I wonder if it's just because he has all his muscles flexed?

No probs :)

(It's easy to do, you just need to copy the URL from the top of you screen and paste it in your message if that helps).

Iinteresting article. I agree O'Rourke looks more solid in the photo but I wonder if it's just because he has all his muscles flexed?
Almost certain that photo is him at GWS

O'Rourke has been one of the most impressive trainers during this off-season. Completed just about every session. I don't think he's best 22 just yet, but given he's had a solid start during this preseason he may be in line for a spot come Round 1.

View attachment 100071

This kid better be good at footy because he isn't going to win a Rhodes scholarship. In fact I'm guessing he would find it a bit difficult to place an order at Mcdonald's properly.
Does making that comment make you feel good about yourself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back