FTA-TV Jonah From Tonga - Chris Lilley

Remove this Banner Ad

10151429_719927148059610_439440488478716328_n.jpg

He's back, with Jonah.
ABC Site link

So apprently they are releasing all the episode on the weekend of the 2nd to 4th of May on iView, then they are going to show it on ABC1 each week from Wednesday 7th May at 9pm

Hope he doesn't stuff this character up, Jonah in SHH was near perfect and I haven't enjoyed anything from Lilley since.
Agree with that. Well I've enjoyed bits and pieces, but SHH was his best work by far and every scene with Jonah was quality.

Really interested to see how this turns out. J'amie was hit and miss (although the conclusion was hilarious), but Jonah is a much more sympathetic character.

Some of his SHH scenes were pretty intense for Australian comedy - thinking of the one where is English teacher loses it and starts bullying him in front of the class.

Some of his SHH scenes were pretty intense for Australian comedy - thinking of the one where is English teacher loses it and starts bullying him in front of the class.

+ the one where the counsellor dragged him out of the classroom after he had been expelled.

Will tune in, but as others have already said, not expecting much.

lilley's characters are very good when there are multiple of them in the same show and thus they aren't stretched out to cover entire episodes

as ja'mie & i'm sure jonah will see, they can't carry entire shows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the first episode, it has nothing on summer heights high IMO.

They should've brought back the actor for Rocky Takalua (Jonah's dad) also.

saw first two eps, garbage. dick jokes aren't funny the 20th time, or second time, or this case, anytime. only funny bit so far was
when the teacher said STFU and smashed the chair against the wall
It gets better, from the next episode.
Also hated the School Captain, what kind of SC swears so much at the year 8's?

I found it hilarious - leagues better than Ja'mie and a bit better than Angry Boys. Had some great moments with his teacher and adapting to life in later episodes. 8/10 would watch again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back